How long will this amiibo craze last?

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
I haven't really been keeping tabs on my amiibo collection? just wanted to buy ones/characters that I liked - well anyway, I just went through them all and realized I am pretty close to a full Smash Brothers set.

All I need at this point is:

Lucario
Greninja
Pikachu
Charizard
Jiggly Puff
Princess Peach
Luigi
Diddy Kong
Ness
Rosalina

Ahh, contemplating if I should go for it? A lot of these are commons. And looks like Lucario and Greninja were restocked

aoiddr

Over Top Auto Mechanic
I haven't really been keeping tabs on my amiibo collection? just wanted to buy ones/characters that I liked - well anyway, I just went through them all and realized I am pretty close to a full Smash Brothers set.

Lucario
Greninja
Pikachu
Charizard
Jiggly Puff
Princess Peach
Luigi
Diddy Kong
Ness
Rosalina

Ahh, contemplating if I should go for it? A lot of these are commons. And looks like Lucario and Greninja were restocked

Aside from the two Target exclusives, the others are pretty easy to find at some Toy's R Us stores.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Go for it!

If you're that close, why not?

Jarofmayo

Morden's Lackey

Lucario
Greninja
Pikachu
Charizard
Jiggly Puff
Princess Peach
Luigi
Diddy Kong
Ness
Rosalina

Just do it, most of those you can get for below retail price now anyway.

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member

Lucario
Greninja
Pikachu
Charizard
Jiggly Puff
Princess Peach
Luigi
Diddy Kong
Ness
Rosalina

Moe, let me know if you need a Ness and Rosalina, I've got an extra of each. I sent you a PM a day or two ago about that modern colour 8-bit Mario; wasn't sure if you still needed one.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Moe, let me know if you need a Ness and Rosalina, I've got an extra of each. I sent you a PM a day or two ago about that modern colour 8-bit Mario; wasn't sure if you still needed one.

Also, if you're hunting a Jiggly Puff, she's still available online from Target.

Crazy, I know, but Target actually got a ton of Jiggles.

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
Also, if you're hunting a Jiggly Puff, she's still available online from Target.

Crazy, I know, but Target actually got a ton of Jiggles.

I'd love to, but Target doesn't exist in Canada any longer, and there's no shipping option. Thanks for the heads up though!

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
I'd love to, but Target doesn't exist in Canada any longer, and there's no shipping option. Thanks for the heads up though!

Oh, I didn't know you wanted a Jiggly Puff as well, I saw Moe was looking for one... Also tried to add one to cart to see if I could ship one here, and I couldn't. Damn, false alarm. I do have a friend with an extra, though. He picked one up day of with me at Target, and he kind of insta-regreted it after buying. Not sure why. Jiggly Puff is rad. Anyway, I'll bug him this weekend and see if he wants to let her go.

neo_mao

15 Year Member
Thanks guys - I actually goofed - there a few more I need too...

Yoshi
Wii Fit Trainer
Villager

But even still, I am tempted to go all the way...Wii Fit Trainer and Villager can now be found for around $20 on eBay...so not terrible.

What remaining characters are there to be releases?
Mi Figures (3)
Falco
Mewtwo
Ryu
Roy
Lucas

Anyone else?

Also Ren thanks so much about Ness and Rosalina - let me think about this seriously and I will PM you. Also thanks for the Mario but I am set on that front - Coryoon hooked me up!

Last edited:

neo_mao

15 Year Member
I need to make a decision...I am either going to go all in on the smash amiibos...or I will start the animal crossing cards...but I won't do both.

Right now, my main hesitation about the cards is that I know I am going to want all the amiibo figures for that series as well when they get released....but I have no idea how comprehensive that lineup will be. So far I think they announced like less than 10 animal crossing amiibos...

aoiddr

Over Top Auto Mechanic
What remaining characters are there to be releases?
Mi Figures (3)
Falco
Mewtwo
Ryu
Roy
Lucas

Anyone else?

That's about it, unless you're going to get the Yarn Yoshi, Chibi-Robo, Animal Crossing, Shovel Knight amiibo... and that "rumored" transformable Star Fox amiibo that Miyamoto has mentioned wanting to do. And let's just assume they might do the rest of those Mario amiibo that they have designs for in Mario Party (Wario, Rosalina, Donkey Kong, etc)... the list goes on. And Mario Maker even had some "item" suits, which could maybe be Amiibo at some point.

mr_b

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
I managed to snag a Little Mac on restock Friday after work. There's only a few I'm missing that I'd like to find. I'm still on the hunt for Bowser Jr. That one has eluded me. I've had good luck finding the others I've wanted. My amiibo sense is honed. It seems like Nintendo releases stock to chains in rotating waves from what it seems like in my area. Friday mornings seem to be the best day for hunting.

My order of desire

1) Bowser Jr
2) Ness
3) Villager

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
I need to make a decision...I am either going to go all in on the smash amiibos...or I will start the animal crossing cards...but I won't do both.

Right now, my main hesitation about the cards is that I know I am going to want all the amiibo figures for that series as well when they get released....but I have no idea how comprehensive that lineup will be. So far I think they announced like less than 10 animal crossing amiibos...

12 now. Four more were announced last week.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/10/01/new-animal-crossing-amiibo-festival-figures-revealed

Hikaru Ichijyo

Thundercock,
I've got Greninja locked down thanks to my cousin finding a restock of them at TRU on Friday. He and his cousin were on the hunt for restocks of Villager at TRU and Jigglypuff at Target but didn't turn up either of those.

I've been seeing Amiibo cards restocked at lots of stores around town but I haven't picked any up since the initial ones I purchased. I've got a few dupes I've been wanting to trade but my cousin doesn't know which ones he needs and his cousin will only trade if he has 3 or more of the same card and on top of that said he won't trade until all 3 of us have Isabella (right now only he has her). :spock: :rolleyes:

So no one needs a Wario or a Sonic? :emb:

Have the Modern Color 8-Bit Mario all disappeared from shelves? :eye:

aoiddr

Over Top Auto Mechanic
I've been seeing Amiibo cards restocked at lots of stores around town but I haven't picked any up since the initial ones I purchased. I've got a few dupes I've been wanting to trade but my cousin doesn't know which ones he needs and his cousin will only trade if he has 3 or more of the same card and on top of that said he won't trade until all 3 of us have Isabella (right now only he has her). :spock: :rolleyes:

I bought 29 packs and in all those packs I only ever got a single Isabella. It's totally the luck of the draw, so you might not even ever see an Isabella...or you might get 3 of her.
(I should also mention that even with 29 packs, I was still two dozen cards short of a full set of 100. The only way to complete the set is to trade with people (here and on reddit) and go on ebay to buy the cards you need.)

Have the Modern Color 8-Bit Mario all disappeared from shelves? :eye:

In North America, it's only available in a Wal-Mart exclusive Wii U console bundle. It might eventually get a wide release, but who knows when/if. I'd personally say to just import it. Amiibo aren't region locked, so the only differences are the boxes (if you keep them boxed).

Last edited:

neo_mao

15 Year Member

That settles it - I don't think I am going to complete the Smash Bros set - because I am going to go for all these Animal Crossing amiibos. (As well as the Yoshi Yarn ones).

I bought 29 packs and in all those packs I only ever got a single Isabella. It's totally the luck of the draw, so you might not even ever see an Isabella...or you might get 3 of her.
(I should also mention that even with 29 packs, I was still two dozen cards short of a full set of 100. The only way to complete the set is to trade with people (here and on reddit) and go on ebay to buy the cards you need.)

Oh man, that's like $180 dude! This is why I refuse to get into the animal crossing cards, otherwise I know I would be in the same boat :)

neo_mao

15 Year Member
Oh and by the way - the Mega Super Jumbo Yoshi amiibo is awesome. I didn't even know about it until yesterday but that is a must buy.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
The Classic pack is pretty cool. I realy wanted R.O.B. and Duck Hunt so the four different Mr. Game and watches were just a bonus. Also finally got my NFC reader so I can actually use the ones that have just been sitting around.

Hikaru Ichijyo

Thundercock,

I have to imagine she's a bit tougher to get then the rest. I'm just wanting to trade commons for commons but my cousin's cousin is the one being thick headed about it and is only willing to do any trading once all 3 of us have an Isabella card. It makes ZERO sense to me what she has to do with anything but that kid is borderline bain dramaged to begin with.

In North America, it's only available in a Wal-Mart exclusive Wii U console bundle. It might eventually get a wide release, but who knows when/if. I'd personally say to just import it. Amiibo aren't region locked, so the only differences are the boxes (if you keep them boxed).

Oh I'm well aware of the stipulations regarding the US release. That comment was in regard to our Canadian brethren. ;)

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
I have to imagine she's a bit tougher to get then the rest. I'm just wanting to trade commons for commons but my cousin's cousin is the one being thick headed about it and is only willing to do any trading once all 3 of us have an Isabella card. It makes ZERO sense to me what she has to do with anything but that kid is borderline bain dramaged to begin with.

Oh I'm well aware of the stipulations regarding the US release. That comment was in regard to our Canadian brethren. ;)

Isabelle was in the second pack I opened. DJ KK, the first. I totally scored on my first two packs.

Hikaru Ichijyo

Thundercock,
Isabelle was in the second pack I opened. DJ KK, the first. I totally scored on my first two packs.

NICE. :D

I've got DJ KK but no Isabella yet.

My cousin called me this morning from TRU saying that they had gotten in more Capt. Falcon, Little Mac, Greninja, and Lucario. He snagged me a Lucario so that's one more off the list. :)

Terot

Kabuki Klasher
I don't have enough money for the cards I spent everything I don't need for rent/food on the figures

image.jpeg

Wait you can get an Isabella card!?

image.jpeg

Last edited: