How long will Neo Geo Cart System last?

S

Silent_Scope

as topic said.........
I care so much about every system I have. But just wonder how long will this baby last so I'll have a funeral for her

S

Silent_Scope

I wish my grandkids can still have a chance to play it >:P

smurphy570

Kula's Candy
hell when i have gran kids they will laugh at this technology i m only 25 so it would be cool but not that possible i guess

Dreamh2o

Sub-human sack of shit.
Well with emulation and PC's even if Neo Hardware ISNT avialable in 50 years, if you make yourself a CD Ill bet it will come in handy to show the grand kids

O

Omega-NEO

Well... do you mean how long will the system hardware last? Or how long will the system's support last? If you mean the supporting of the system, then smurphy570 is right, its on its last leg and a swift kick to the back of the knee is coming soon. If you are referring to the hardware istelf, I think you will be pleasantly surprised. I have owned two Neo-Geo Cart systems in my life. I am 20 years old currently, and received my first at the age of 11. I got my second one (brand new, in the box from Incredible Universe) at the age of 15. Believe it or not the second one is STILL unwrapped and in the box waiting to be played for the very first time. My first one is going strong still. The only reason I bought the second one is because I was worried my parents were getting a divorce (my sister told me they were) and so I used up all of my allowance and babysitting money to purchase a Neo to go in my second house while the original would remain in my first house so when I was at my mom's or dad's I could play the system without having to unplug it and carry it in a bag during the trip. As fate would have it my parents never split up and so I never needed to open the new Neo. I never expected to keep it unopened this long, but as the years passed I never needed to replace my original system. Now, at my wise age of 20 I realize that the unopened system will probably be in perfect, working condition the day I finally open it up. Therefore I am keeping it closed up in a sealed box to insure that I will always have a replacement for my Neo-Geo home cart system no matter what. My kids will never receive this unopened Neo as a gift though. Even if it is unopened when they are old enough to play games I will not give it to them. I may hook it up and show them what their dad used to play back when he got no respect from adults and had to go to bed before the 10 o'clock news. But I certainly will not give it to them outright. They'll probably pawn it off for a new system (whatever it may be it will never top the Neo in my book). So they will get the chance to play it, but they won't take it with them when they leave the house. Thats for damn sure.

S

Silent_Scope

Can't image that you have a brand new Neo Geo system......
I have my Neo System since 1991 and it's still in good condition....

smurphy570

Kula's Candy
incredible universe? I ran the games software dept in new york....i used to try to transfer the neo from texas in ...what kind of price did you get for the machine? Incredible universe will blowing that crap out when they were closing..i picked up tons of games from my dept when they were closing..that store kicked some serious ass......My question is why did some games like striker 1945, prehistoric island2 (?) get passed for conversion but some other games like ms3 motw got the aes treatment?

neonut

Crossed Swords Squire
If you are refering to how long the neo geo will, I think smurphy570 said it right, I too think that the HOME CART is on its last leg. On the otherhand maybe the MVS still has life and maybe we will see a few more games in 2001, and if the coverter from ARCADE truly works with ever game than that will atleast keep neo gamers that have the home cart and not the mvs a chance to keep on playing. I own an MVS so I personally would like to see them change the arcade board , Imagine what the games would look and play like if they had a system with more power.............NEONUT

Jackal

SouthTown StreetSweeper
It's a shame the Hyper Neo 64 died- it sounded like a good all purpose board (2D and 3D). If only SNK would have made some 2D titles on it so that it could've been a true successor. Moving the KOF franchise to the new board for KOF'98 would've been a way to build some hype for it.

Jackal
gameoverdude.jpg
www.gameoverdude.com

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
Woohoo!!!!! This was my first posted thread!!!!!!!!!!
Damn time flies fast...........

Mega

Cheng's Errand Boy
Biggest necro bump I've seen on any forum.

Looking forward to 50+ years old thread bumps decades from now.

Mega

Cheng's Errand Boy
What's the relevance of my sign-up date to the statement I made? I said on any forum; been on several sites over the years dating back to early-mid 00s. I simply stated this happened to be the first time I saw a 15-year thread bump on any site I've ever posted on. I think it's funny more than anything else and as we age with the Internet we will see stuff like that happen more often.

I'll be fine. There's nothing special about making it to one's 60s. Getting past 90 will be common by mid century.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Lol Tim Tews. I never understood what went wrong with him. I remember buying MotW from him and getting it.

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
What's the relevance of my sign-up date to the statement I made? I said on any forum; been on several sites over the years dating back to early-mid 00s. I simply stated this happened to be the first time I saw a 15-year thread bump on any site I've ever posted on. I think it's funny more than anything else and as we age with the Internet we will see stuff like that happen more often.

I'll be fine. There's nothing special about making it to one's 60s. Getting past 90 will be common by mid century.

It's fun to dig out old thread, isn't it?

c0nn0r

If I could have, My time back, I'd keep it in ma'
10 Year Member
Well... do you mean how long will the system hardware last? Or how long will the system's support last? If you mean the supporting of the system, then smurphy570 is right, its on its last leg and a swift kick to the back of the knee is coming soon. If you are referring to the hardware istelf, I think you will be pleasantly surprised. I have owned two Neo-Geo Cart systems in my life. I am 20 years old currently, and received my first at the age of 11. I got my second one (brand new, in the box from Incredible Universe) at the age of 15. Believe it or not the second one is STILL unwrapped and in the box waiting to be played for the very first time. My first one is going strong still. The only reason I bought the second one is because I was worried my parents were getting a divorce (my sister told me they were) and so I used up all of my allowance and babysitting money to purchase a Neo to go in my second house while the original would remain in my first house so when I was at my mom's or dad's I could play the system without having to unplug it and carry it in a bag during the trip. As fate would have it my parents never split up and so I never needed to open the new Neo. I never expected to keep it unopened this long, but as the years passed I never needed to replace my original system. Now, at my wise age of 20 I realize that the unopened system will probably be in perfect, working condition the day I finally open it up. Therefore I am keeping it closed up in a sealed box to insure that I will always have a replacement for my Neo-Geo home cart system no matter what. My kids will never receive this unopened Neo as a gift though. Even if it is unopened when they are old enough to play games I will not give it to them. I may hook it up and show them what their dad used to play back when he got no respect from adults and had to go to bed before the 10 o'clock news. But I certainly will not give it to them outright. They'll probably pawn it off for a new system (whatever it may be it will never top the Neo in my book). So they will get the chance to play it, but they won't take it with them when they leave the house. Thats for damn sure.

Cool story.

/What's with all these funny guest accounts suddenly?

Last edited:

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
What's the relevance of my sign-up date to the statement I made?
I don't know who you are. Pretty sure nobody does.

And you'll still be on here then?

Mega

Cheng's Errand Boy
Who cares if you or anyone else personally knows me or each other in order to put in their two cents over a silly topic? And again, what is the importance or relevance? Seems you were too eager to jump at a "noob" for no reason and without clearly reading what you were responding to.

Asking if I'll still be "here" continues to miss my very basic point that I was commenting on necro bumps across the Internet, not that I'll literally be here yearning for old thread shenanigans. Carry on doing whatever it is you think you're doing. One-upping me? I dunno. It's weird.

Last edited:

Bill Kilgore

Sent Rot A Secret Santa.Didn't Get Banned.FOOKIN A
...been on several sites over the years dating...

This is not a dating site you know... JK :keke:.
Only on ng.com is a necro of this age possible.
I'm happy to be a part of it.
Now stop bumping old shit Liquid.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
Who cares if you or anyone else personally knows me or each other in order to put in their two cents over a silly topic? And again, what is the importance or relevance?
I don't know how many forums you've been on or how long you've been around there. Could be you were just searching for something to post to increase your count.

The%20count.gif

Asking if I'll still be "here" continues to miss my very basic point that I was commenting on necro bumps across the Internet, not that I'll literally be here yearning for old thread shenanigans.
I find your lack of faith in the evolution of the internet disturbing. Humanity will not still be using forums like this to communicate in 50 years (I hope).

tumblr_lu5npbt2HM1r5hzqbo1_500.gif

Spoiler:
It was mildly fun trolling you. 6/10. Have a nice day.

Mega

Cheng's Errand Boy
Never! Post count means nothing. I never hit more than a few thousand on any message board, averaging 1-2 posts per day. Good point about the Internet evolving. Maybe we'll all be asleep in VR/neuro pods...

See ya around. I give our chat a 7.9/10