How have you changed since you joined this site?

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
It could be tastes or personality or anything really.
I don't necessarily mean as a result of being on the site.

I've begun listening to more popular/mainstream music.

I've learned how to manage my illness better and see the warning signs without going to the hospital.

I'm only play JRPGs and pinball now.
I don't play my Neo; it's got dust on it.

I drink a lot of pop, which I know isn't good for me.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Right, you're still a fucking retard.

*Hits his chest with his thumb*
EEEEELLLLLLL

I'm a faggot too.

Besides, it's a researched fact that subliminal messages don't work.

Mac91

I wonder if anyone saved my dickpic?
10 Year Member
Right, you're still a fucking retard.

QFT

My answer would be: I'm even more easy going, don't take any shit seriously (oop, topical). I am more open (AKA dixpix).

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
I've spent a lot of money on here...but I've met some of the best people you could ever meet on here too.

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
I have learned a bit more about electronics and neo geo in general.

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
I grew the eff up, man. Life hit me HARD, really Quick. I've had to man up and grow up and I like who I've become in some respects.

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
I learned how to be a better person by not attacking others so hard with pointless trolls. Unless it's Saner, who deserves it.

I also stopped caring about stupid shit like 'who is the strongest SNK fighter' and 'who would win a fight between X and Y.' I really used to care about this shit like it mattered. Now I realize it's among the stupidest topics for discussion there could ever be.

I developed a lot of writing skills here as well, through my reviews. Still need to learn how to use spell checker more effectively.

Finally, I learned (mostly) how to navigate my way around internet communities without making too many enemies. It's actually a useful skill for someone like me, who likes to post in forums and is sometimes opinionated.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
I was a HDRchampion & now im retired champ w/ son.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
I'm older, more experienced, smarter, more educated, and have less anger. I was a newlywed when I first joined this site and was miserable as fuck. I'm a lot happier now, and pursuing my passion: music.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Good god...

I'm barely recognizable from myself, 2005.

Nearly everything I found "important" back then is gone...collecting video games, sports cars, collecting vintage toys, dropping silly $$ on overpriced clothes...and then there's the 100 LBS I dropped.

I'm a dad now, I hold a completely different job now, my marriage is far better, I've got my life under control as well as my anger...

It has changed big time.

I'm still here because I've met so many good people here, and had so many fulfilling conversations over the years.

I've also had the pleasure of conversing with some here who are no longer with us (rest in pease always guys)...

It's been an interesting 9 years...I wonder what the next 10 will be like...

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
When I joined the site I was married, living in Santa Clara, California, and really fucking young. I was just finishing up my undergraduate, I hadn't even gone to law school.

Wasn't into drugs, smoking, drinking or anything that was any way fun. Just wanted to spend my days over at Sunnyvale golfland. Not long after I returned back to Pittsburgh and finished up my undergraduate.

Anyhow most of you guys know the wasabi from 2004 through 2013. These days I'm too busy to care about anything other than working more and paying for bills. American dream, right?

RevQuixo

Rugal's Panther
20 Year Member
I seethe with anger a lot less than i used to. Old age and fatherhood I guess.

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
Had 2 kids, learned a lot about electronics, learned that I loathe Toronto, miss the ocean and B.C in general, have become a Lego building master, and met some great people here.

BeefJerky

Computerstaat Funster
20 Year Member
I was 15 when I joined the forums. There's not enough time to explain how much I have changed since then. :lolz:

Blue Steel

previously "bubu_X"
When I joined the site I was married, living in Santa Clara, California, and really fucking young. I was just finishing up my undergraduate, I hadn't even gone to law school.

Wasn't into drugs, smoking, drinking or anything that was any way fun. Just wanted to spend my days over at Sunnyvale golfland. Not long after I returned back to Pittsburgh and finished up my undergraduate.

Anyhow most of you guys know the wasabi from 2004 through 2013. These days I'm too busy to care about anything other than working more and paying for bills. American dream, right?

Been wondering how you've been.

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
I have learned that Italy, France, and Spain are the axis of evil. Plus my view of humanity has gone down every time I read a joe8 post

marktheshark

Morden's Lackey
Back when I first joined, I graduated from junior high a month beforehand & would be entering high school in the fall. Now, I'm in my 2nd year of college, taking a few electrical courses as well as a geography course.

Personality-wise? I often got nervous real easily back then if something went wrong. Nowadays, I still get nervous from time to time, but not as often.

Taste-wise? I was somewhat of a big fan of N64 & GCN. Nowadays, I can't help, but feel that both systems are pretty mediocre. In fact, I've been considering selling a lot of my N64 & GCN stuff. Nowadays, my favorite systems (besides the Neo) are Super NES, PC-Engine, PS2, DS, & Wii.

I used to have a lot of time to play games, but with college around, it seems like my days of doing nothing, but playing games could be coming to an end. Oh well. There's always the portable systems, at least.