How far can you get in MSX without getting hit?

playboycougar

Reese. ,
Hah, I was pretty proud of myself when I got to the 4th level. I died shortly after I took this pic but not too bad huh?

Difficulty: Normal
_0821\T40408210857480.jpg

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
^^^You have a lot of point milking to do though, since your score sucks.

I can get to Mission 5 on one life with about 4.5 million points. Then I start
dying and my 1 credit dream just doesn't happen.

SNKJorge

For more replies this should be moved to gameplay.

Giby

Disciple Of Orochi
I've done the game a few times without losing a life, but that was a couple years back, I'll have to pop in the game again to see how far I can get now.

SNKJorge

Master Giby said:
I've done the game a few times without losing a life, but that was a couple years back, I'll have to pop in the game again to see how far I can get now.

MVS level-4?

Giby

Disciple Of Orochi
xtoo_short20x said:
MVS level-4?

PSX-Hard mode(Not sure what level that would be on the MVS version)and I've done it in the arcade 2 times level 4 each time.

TheBigBB

Formerly known as dmhawkmoon
I'm pretty sure I got to the fifth mission without a death before. I know I never avoided a death on the beginning of the final mission, though. It's one of the only areas in any Metal Slug that gets me every time.

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
5th mission for me.

Mike Shagohod

Stray Dog Grunt
20 Year Member
I don't care about points, I care about decimating everything in sight and I can damn near make it to Mission 3 without losing a life on MS2, as for MSX I usually make it to about Mission 2, before making some stupid mistake {i.e. jumping too soon, falling into a chasm etc.} *I'm better at SHOCK TROOPERS anyhow.

MERCENARY X99

Mercenary X99 said:
I don't care about points, I care about decimating everything in sight and I can damn near make it to Mission 3 without losing a life on MS2, as for MSX I usually make it to about Mission 2, before making some stupid mistake {i.e. jumping too soon, falling into a chasm etc.} *I'm better at SHOCK TROOPERS anyhow.

MERCENARY X99

I stand with Merc on this one. I prefer killing as much as possible, as efficiently as possible in the Metal Slug games. I never care for points in any game. I only care about having the best time I can with it.

SNKJorge

Electroman said:
I stand with Merc on this one. I prefer killing as much as possible, as efficiently as possible in the Metal Slug games. I never care for points in any game. I only care about having the best time I can with it.

Maybe you guys don't have the patience.
Yes it's cool to blow up shit all over the place. But it's more satisfying when you
can actually milk points, and even more satisfying when you can one credit the
game with a good score.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
xtoo_short20x said:
Maybe you guys don't have the patience.
Yes it's cool to blow up shit all over the place. But it's more satisfying when you
can actually milk points, and even more satisfying when you can one credit the
game with a good score.

Yeah.

What would be a Metal Slug without the knife hits ? Just another regular jump & run shooter.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Just to add my thoughts there's nothing wrong with just running through the game. Playing for score makes it a completely different game though so I play both ways at different times depending on what I'm looking for so if some people don't like one way its understandable.

Hidden Character

Leader of The Hyperstone Heist,
20 Year Member
You all make compelling, valid point on preference of MSX logic (Points vs Destruction). I'm a little of both now, but back then, I was more of just not getting killed on the first coupla stages more than anything. I belive the highest I ever reached w/o losing a life was Stage 4.......lousy rocket wells.

SNKJorge

Hidden Character said:
You all make compelling, valid point on preference of MSX logic (Points vs Destruction). I'm a little of both now, but back then, I was more of just not getting killed on the first coupla stages more than anything. I belive the highest I ever reached w/o losing a life was Stage 4.......lousy rocket wells.

Just jump when the rockets stop coming out, always make sure there's no soldiers
on top, as quite a few seem to come out of the top. Make sure to kill the soldiers
on the other side too.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Mission 5, or 4 when I'm lazy, but X really isn't my fave of the lot, it's all about 1 and 2 for me... one day, the subway section of mission 5 will make my trigger finger fall off...

I've worked out some strats for mission 6 and the Alien Mothership, but they aren't safe enough for a sure-fire one-life finish.

Hidden Character

Leader of The Hyperstone Heist,
20 Year Member
xtoo_short20x said:
Just jump when the rockets stop coming out, always make sure there's no soldiers
on top, as quite a few seem to come out of the top. Make sure to kill the soldiers
on the other side too.

Ah, many thanks.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
My skills are average at best but on a good day I can get to the 4th level without dying. Its my favorite of the series but I have not played it much since I got MS5.(big thanks to insaneclown :glee: )

moonwhistle

Tung's Hair Stylist
I can get to level 4 or so.

I'm doing this in the Jap PSX version's wonderful survival mode, which gives you one live and saves your high score in distance (metres).

With this mode and all the extra missions it really is more compelling than the original Neo Geo version, despite the horrible sound effects! The enemy chaser and iron lizzard sound so bad I avoid picking them up to save my ears.

SNKJorge

moonwhistle said:
With this mode and all the extra missions it really is more compelling than the original Neo Geo version

:tickled:

kaos

I'm a stealthy Ghost-like pimp daddy bitch, yo!
MVS level

I can get to mission 4 with one life, about 2 million points then I always got owned by the fucker (stage 4 boss)