How do you properly test an AES memory card on an MVS system?

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
In the Hardware menu I get the "Mem card Test OK" but I don't know how to actually test it in a game. Do I need to set the region to anything specific or press something after I insert it?

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
Play the game and lose. Let the continue timer run out and it'll ask if you want to save. Recredit the game and it'll prompt you if you want to load your progress.

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
The following 6 games DO NOT SAVE on the card:
(memory card capability was apparently not programmed in)
Bust-a-Move Again
Neo Bomberman
Pop 'n Bounce
Shock Troopers
Shock Troopers 2
The Irritating Maze
Pochi & Nya
http://www.neogeoprotos.com/memcardfaq.htm

theres other noteworthy stuff in there too.
like how region works sort of? don't think you can't save in a certain one though? I think as far as pressing something checking it in hardware test and managing it (I think you can manage files, right?) from there would be it?

edit:is ther some sort of drama associated with Billy Pitt? I remember hearing the name... not sure it was negative though?

Last edited:

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
I don't think Puzzle Bobble/BAM uses the memory card either.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
How about in AES mode? Does it support the memory card there?

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
It's meant to transfer saves between home system and MVS, so if a game supports it, it does so in both versions.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Thanks guys, works great. The problem was that I thought the card was pre-loaded with all games saves so I thought it would prompt me to load from the get go. Did the lose then save then it works like a charm.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Thanks guys, works great. The problem was that I thought the card was pre-loaded with all games saves so I thought it would prompt me to load from the get go. Did the lose then save then it works like a charm.

There are some really nice memory card screens you only see when you have the card too. Metal Slugs have great level select screens once you beat the levels with a memory card in.

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
There are some really nice memory card screens you only see when you have the card too. Metal Slugs have great level select screens once you beat the levels with a memory card in.

AFAIK, only MSX has the cool screen. MS1 has no way to choose the level to load (loads the last one you played), and MS2,3,4 and 5 only have a menu list, nothing amazing IIRC.

Regards.