How do you feel about Neogeo roms?

• Total voters

kaos

I'm a stealthy Ghost-like pimp daddy bitch, yo!
xtoo_short20x said:
Many of you will probably not beleive it, but I have never used a single rom.
The same goes for warez, music downloads etc...

I like buying authentic products.

EXACTLY the same here
only romZ i ever got are some japanese ONLY games for MSX computer, such as MetalGear 2, never translated in english

anyway It's something unevitable, SNK is dead, AW and Playmore suck my ass
I wouldnt make such a big deal

Fakk2

Crossed Swords 2 Bootleg Artist.,
I just tell it like it is, weekend or not, I dont care.... If you dont like my posts dont read them dumbass... Legendofspeed = DUH!!

"SNK is dead, AW and Playmore suck my ass
I wouldnt make such a big deal"

thank god !! someone is living in the real world also!! :)

drone9

Marked Wolf
Fakk2 said:
"just as playing a KOF port to see whether to buy the AES cart does not really make sense imo."

all KoFs are basically the same ol rehashed shit anyways, you can tell if you want the game easily with the rom, you start it up and play for about 5 minutes, that should be plenty of time to decide wether you want to fork over 300 plus bucks for another fighter.... and even if you played it on a DC or Xjunk you can tell right away if you want to fork over the dough, just by listening to the music and looking at the intro, thats basically a neo-geo game nowdays anyways.... a new intro and the same ol rehashed gameplay and stuff with little to no endings...

yeah, right. I forgot. lol

legendofspeed

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Fakk2 said:
I just tell it like it is, weekend or not, I dont care.... If you dont like my posts dont read them dumbass... Legendofspeed = DUH!!

"SNK is dead, AW and Playmore suck my ass
I wouldnt make such a big deal"

thank god !! someone is living in the real world also!! :)

Kinda odd how you say SNK is dead, yet your at a NEOGEO forum where SNK fans are alive and kicking. FAKK2 = Hypocrite

"thank god !! someone is living in the real world also!! :)" Who's this other person your talking about? The only person I can imagine living in the same world with you would have to be the Satan himself

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
drone9 said:
hahahahahaha!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I know, I laugh my ass off at the people who spend hundreds of dollars on real games when I get to play them for free.

Roms > Real deal

drone9

Marked Wolf
I just think that it would be better if people spend there money according to what they care for and what not. in the end this would be for their own good. but feel free to do what you like. :)

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
If you want to buy a rom cd then it's $50 shipped.

Show people you care.

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
SonGohan said:
If you want to buy a rom cd then it's $50 shipped.

Show people you care.

Makesure to ask for teh asl, before the sale.

Jedite

Bunker Buster
Roms are good for trying out games, but, if you really like the game then, you should buy the game. You like the game more, if you play on the NG, like the way it was meant to be played, versus then playing on a computer.

Fakk2

"Kinda odd how you say SNK is dead, yet your at a NEOGEO forum where SNK fans are alive and kicking. FAKK2 = Hypocrite"

"thank god !! someone is living in the real world also!! " Who's this other person your talking about? The only person I can imagine living in the same world with you would have to be the Satan himself"

SNK IS DEAD - They are SNK-P now and they SUCK compared to the good old SNK. I am right about this and MOST feel the same way!!

Satan is not to be knocked!! He's just highly misunderstood! LOL!!!

legendofspeed

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Fakk2 said:
Satan is not to be knocked!! He's just highly misunderstood! LOL!!!

Your defending Satan in this topic, and you defended Hitler in another topic. I bet even Hitler is turning in his grave right now having someone like you support him.

Curt

apostate
Atrophyed said:
Just another little SpAm post uh ? :rolleyes: :p :tickled:

Nope... this one would be more of a spam post...

my best spamming is left for the longest thread....

We can't pad our post counts there you know....Unlike the international folks ;)

Fakk2

no, im just having fun messing with you lospeed... lol I cant help it... your so funny to mess with...

legendofspeed

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Fakk2 said:
no, im just having fun messing with you lospeed... lol I cant help it... your so funny to mess with...

No problem, just from you alone, I got 10+ replies, thanks for the easy stats! :loco:

Buro Destruct

Formerly known as, Buro Destruct, , Southtown Stre
legendofspeed said:
I feel that they are all on my Xbox as we speak and that I'm a very bad person for having them.

Given this fact, I still don't care.

Mike Shagohod

Stray Dog Grunt
20 Year Member
I can't really decide....I can go both ways on this one. *Being the owner of an MVS 2-Slot, I can say with the same authority that anyone with an MVS or AES system that there's nothing like the real thang... but I do believe ROMS have their place in today's "alternative" Cybergrounds. ---Before I got back into the NEO in May of 2002 I decided what I wanted to purchase AES wise {then} by playing "Teh Romz" on NEO RAGE. If I'm on the go and I can't take my MVS 2-Slot with me, and don't know anyone with a MVS, MVS Consolized Set up or AES, then my Laptop is set up to play the emulated ROMZ, thus I'm never without a Neo:Geo. ---It really just depends on how one looks at it. Most people don't have any problems playing ROMZ on MAME but will start a World War over someone with Neo Rage which to me makes no sense at all. The only time I feel it should be scoffed at, is when a person never intends to actually buy the tangible product and it's respective carts and only play for free {in the case of the Neo} otherwise I'm sure it's more rampant than will be admitted by most. On the case of the 4,000+ emulated ROMZ on M.A.M.E. ---most of those games are a bitch to find in their PCB forms for a SuperGun, and even some of the ones you can find have that damned "Suicide Switch" thus MAMING UP isn't as big a deal from the P.O.V. of the Die Hard and nostalgic.

...props to you if you're finally getting "into the zone" with the tangible way of playing the NEO:GEO man. :D *It's the Hyper 16-Bit crack addiction that once you get a dose of it... you're like a neck scratching Tyrone Biggums, willing to do almost anything to keep the "FIX" coming in.

MERCENARY X99

FormlessOne

Chin's Drinking Partner
I like roms for the simple fact that I don't have the money to be dropping hundreds of dollars on a video game. I mean, why should a fan go without cuz he has more important things to pay for? Honestly, I'm only 19, I don't make anywhere near enough money to be buying this system or its games. And there's a whole lot of shit I'd rather buy with that money anyway.

CBVicious

Zero's Secretary
Then get the ports. Being broke doesn't justify playing roms. Playing roms is like throwing trash on the street. It's wrong yet people still do it. Go for the ports!
:buttrock:

FormlessOne

Chin's Drinking Partner
CBVicious said:
Then get the ports. Being broke doesn't justify playing roms. Playing roms is like throwing trash on the street. It's wrong yet people still do it. Go for the ports!
:buttrock:

First of all, I own ports of King of the Monsters 2, Fatal Fury Special, Garou: Mark of the Wolves, King of fighters '99, World Heros 2, Samurai Shodown, Fatal Fury: Wild Ambition, and Art of Fighting. They don't even compare to the real thing, AOF is so bad it's nearly unplayable on the SNES. Secondly I own a NGPC with a shit load of games, so I think that's adaquite restitution for me. I don't own a single next generation system and I don't plan on it either, because gaming today doesn't hold my intrest like it did years ago. So once again, why should I go without cuz I can't afford it? Seriously, it's just a game...

legendofspeed

B. Jenet's Firstmate
WOW as the maker of this forum, I am really suprised more people support roms than I thought. You guys almost brain washed me to go download them again :shame:

I guess I can buy into that "rom-rental" idea, but if you never plan to buy the game, to me, your a "rom-abuser" (cheesy word, but its the best thing I can think of at he moment, sorry :crying:

FormlessOne said, "Seriously, it's just a game...". I guess a lot of people agree with you here. Let's all hope no one here on this forum becomes famous singer or something. Because if I composed a CD (I know, it's not going to happen!) and I found out that piracy is killing my sales. I would be pissed as heck. Ehh, sorry about that....I was getting irrational. These games are old and they don't make them anymore, so I guess "old" neogeo roms aren't that bad.....

Thanks again for your honest opinions everyone :cool:

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
More than half of the members of this site are rom players.
It's a long standing fact.

legendofspeed said:
WOW as the maker of this forum, I am really suprised more people support roms than I thought. You guys almost brain washed me to go download them again :shame:

I guess I can buy into that "rom-rental" idea, but if you never plan to buy the game, to me, your a "rom-abuser" (cheesy word, but its the best thing I can think of at he moment, sorry :crying:

FormlessOne said, "Seriously, it's just a game...". I guess a lot of people agree with you here. Let's all hope no one here on this forum becomes famous singer or something. Because if I composed a CD (I know, it's not going to happen!) and I found out that piracy is killing my sales. I would be pissed as heck. Ehh, sorry about that....I was getting irrational. These games are old and they don't make them anymore, so I guess "old" neogeo roms aren't that bad.....

Thanks again for your honest opinions everyone :cool: