how do I get the 2 extra strikers on KOF 99: Evo on Dreamcast?

GENOCIDE CUTTER '94

Ukyo's Doctor
I've got all initial justice & dark strikers (at level 1 only), but I've yet to recieve the option of increasing their power levels, nor am I able to buy the 2 final secret strikers, and it startin to get on my tits somewhat. I once read (somewhere) that you need to have played for 50 hours first before before the secret strikers are available, but im at roughly 101 hours, and nuthin's happnin'. Similarly, someone once told me that it takes 100 hours of play before xtra shit is available, but nope, i ain't got shit.

At this point, I should add that I once achieved all this extra stuff a couple years backi, but this was with a friends VMU data (which had something like 190 hours worth of, so all I had to do was get the points to buy the strikers). Also, that was with the US version of the game, i've got a JAP copy.

so if anyone can give me a definate answe, that would be most groovy.
Cheers :D

sQuareh4t3r

formerly "sQuareh4t3r", then "MacGuffin", now "sQu
Hrm, I remember something coming up about this long ago at another forum, but I'm not sure if any definite answer was decided upon. I think that unlocking all of the Strikers in the Japanese version of KOF99E has something to do with linking the corresponding NGPC game to the DC and transferring stuff. Sorry if this wasn't totally explicit in the method, but it's rather hazy after this long period of time. Hopefully someone else will see this and be able to elaborate a bit more. :D

GENOCIDE CUTTER '94

Ukyo's Doctor
Thanks, although i hope you're wrong, cos i dont have the NGPC to DC link cable, and kof: battle de paradise is neither easy to get hold of or particularly cheap at the best of times. Ho well...

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
Yes, in the JPN version of KOF99EVO you have to link up the DC with the NeoGeoPocker game 'King of Fighters - Battle de Paradice' in order to get the last two (secret) extra strikers, namely Syo Kirishima and Gai Tendou.

Dunno how to gen 'em in western versions though...