How can I add extra buttons to my sega naomi cab?

Jontra

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Can someone help me out to add buttons to my sega naomi cabinet. I have now only 2 buttons per player. I need at least 4.

Thanks in advance

zapatistab

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
Jontra said:
Can someone help me out to add buttons to my sega naomi cabinet. I have now only 2 buttons per player. I need at least 4.

Thanks in advance

Drill two more holes on each side. Use a 29mm drill bit. I've used a 30mm drill bit before, and the Sanwa Button moved a little. A 30mm bit makes the hole a true 31mm. Sanwa buttons are 30mm in size. A 29mm drill bit would be a nice tight fit. If you plan on painting the control panel for some reason, the 30mm drill bit will be perfect, because the paint will make up for lost space.

I believe the same goes, if you are using Seimitsu buttons.

I am not familiar with a Naomi set up, but I am sure another member can tell you how to add the two exra buttons as far as wiring goes.

Piratero

Street Hoop Star
15 Year Member
You can go for the easy and rather expensive route. You can just buy yourself another control panel that fits the Naomi. Maybe a Blast City control panel will work...

Jontra

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Thanks for your advices but the problem is not making the holes but how to wire these buttons to the motherboard.

Where can I find a control panel? What do these things cost?

SeaWolf69

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Well,

What kind of cab do you have? Do you have a Jamma I/O converter? If so, thats how you wire in your extra buttons. The Capcom I/O uses the auxillary harness. Sega I/O is wired directly to it. Check this site out www.sega-naomi.com