Home system problems, please help.

Shin Guile X

Mickey's Coach
I just bought a fully modded Neo Geo system with gold plated s-video, composite plugs, stereo mod and Bios chip mod. I have had it for a 2 months or so.

The problem is that everytime I try and boot up a game I either get a black screen with a dull clicking noise or the same dull clicking noise with the screen going crazy with greens and 2's and 3's and so forth going across the screen.

I know it is not the games because I just bought KOF 2K2 a month ago brand new. All my games don't work on the system except Last Blade. LB works 90 percent of the time for some strange reason.

Any idea what the problem is? I just spent 400 on this system and this is starting to piss me off.

ps. I clean the system on a daily basis so I know that the problem isn't neglect.

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
You are going to have to open up the unit and inspect it for loose or touching wires.
Turn the unit upside down, you are going to see one screw exposed to your left,remove it.Then you will see the four rubber feet...remove all of them except for the one near the exposed screw.Gently lift the cover off because your ground wire will be attached to the PCB.remove the screw holding down the ground wire and sit the cover to side...
Now do your inspection.
Test the game out with the cover off.
-BB

Arakon

Robert Garcia's Butler
from the sounds of it, that's a connection prob at the bios chip.