Holy Shit -- S-C.com going under

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
Bobak said:
Respectfully, I pass.

They tried a different community, it seems to have not worked out. Why blame them for it? They gave it a much more serious try than many others in the past.

Now if they're coming here to act like jerks, then...

I have no problem with wanting a different community.. I have a problem with guys like Vinh who made sure to give everyone the finger on the way out and continued to insult other sites and their members at every turn in an effort to promote his site, meanwhile being "selective" about what the truth was about his own.

I won't go into more detail than that, but those who know what I'm talking about I'm sure feel the same way.

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Sky_R said:
I guess we can say goodbye to arcadeshock?

That was the very FIRST thing that popped in my head. Thankfully, it's not the case.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
I'll always remember that site as the place I got my near new KOF 95 English.

I liked the store there.

Tacitus

Staff member
fygee said:
If I have to go back to Neo-Geo.com or Shoryuken.com....well....that's not think about that..

Case in point...

I see members like this reappearing.. and we're supposed to just welcome them with open arms? I'd also bet on them acting like NOTHING happened.

Fuck that.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
This is kind of true though, these members are gonna be like my fucking dad. Leaving for years at a time and reappearing pretending nothing ever happened.

My bro Giby has to deal with all the babies at s-c, and if those same annoying bastards join, this site is going the route of COOOOOOOOOOOEEEEEEEEEEEE

Tacitus

Staff member
Lord Wolfgang Krauser said:
This is kind of true though, these members are gonna be like my fucking dad. Leaving for years at a time and reappearing pretending nothing ever happened.

My bro Giby has to deal with all the babies at s-c, and if those same annoying bastards join, this site is going the route of COOOOOOOOOOOEEEEEEEEEEEE

..on TOP of that, you're going to have an influx of their "elite" over here acting like their shit doesn't stink... and that site had a TON of that.

Can we just close registration from June-Sept?

;)

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
VanillaThunder said:
..on TOP of that, you're going to have an influx of their "elite" over here acting like their shit doesn't stink... and that site had a TON of that.

Can we just close registration from June-Sept?

;)

Just watch them dudes become mods. I can foretell it now.

Big Shady

Kyukyogenryu Black Belt
15 Year Member
n00b roast :spock:

Nah, I accept with open arms, even it means I'm setting myself up to get kicked in the teeth.

I am very thankful Arcade Shock will still be around.

Tacitus

Staff member
Big Shady said:
n00b roast :spock:

Nah, I accept with open arms, even it means I'm setting myself up to get kicked in the teeth.

I am very thankful Arcade Shock will still be around.

Better you than me.

I guess you had to be around when the mass exodus came about with Trieu leading the charge...

Then months later, he came back under his "friend's" account to talk some shit and leave again...

It's not that I hate the guy or any of the others that up and left, but the manner in which they did it and how they continued the animosity. What's amusing was there was no animosity until those members started talking shit on that site. A lot of refugees and people who got ran off of this site ended up over there so I shouldn't be surprised. There are a few good guys over there though and I hope they return.

I, for one though.. think the "Asian Missile" himself should be crawling on his knees if he has a prayer of joining the fold again... at least to this sites owner.

kafuin_gaira

Viewpoint Vigilante
just goes to show that these bbs and fansites are no cakewalk to own and operate.

my hat's off to trieu for trying at least.

don't give a fuck about possible influx of members, it'd be nice to see some different faces from the regular crew (including mine) spamming it up for a change.

only ordered once or twice from arcadeshock, but each deal was pretty much perfect. not really surprising it's not closing alongside snk-capcom.com, he's probably got quite a bit of stock to unload still. maybe now he'll drop some of those outrageous prices a bit???

Rade K

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I didn't even expect it to last as long as it did.

It was a good looking site, but I think I posted twice and lost interest. NOt really my cup of tea. And I can see how this place might not be for everyone either.

We shouldn't jump the gun and speculate what they might be like if and when they start posting here.

Though, yeah, On.com, we all know what happened there. I registered here just before all that went down. But the community at S-C.com has to be different than on.com, right?

EDIT: Whats up with that "elite" garbage?

Last edited:

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
i registered over there the month it opened up but i only made a few posts since then. i can never stand the desktop-sized avatars and neon flashing anime otaku stuff all over the place. too colorful.

but i always figured it would sit in the shadow of ng.c for all time waiting for its turn at the thrown. when ng.c went down (which i always assumed would happen first) everyone would either kill themselves irl or go to sc.c.

i always found it curious the way tru left with an F U I T A tone i wonder if he can swallow his pride and return, if he even wants too. :kekeke:

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
Rade Kuruc said:
But the community at S-C.com has to be different than on.com, right?
Yes, S-C.com = mostly spammers with a few gurus mixed in. I had trouble reading threads there because most of the content is vanilla "me too" posting and my eyes glazed over after awhile. Anyway, some of S-C would fit in if they came over, though some will simply have to head back to SRK where their empty comments can get safely lost in the milieu.

As for the other, on.com = hardcore gamers, hardcore flamers. I can't picture them fitting in to any site that they don't run themselves, and history certainly proves that. Still, if there was a Neo fighting game tournament with NG members versus ON members, you could bet heavily against NG in every match played and net a lot of cash. I spend more time on ON than NG for about the first week after any new Neo Geo fighting game comes out. The character threads = :drool:

Last edited:

Rade K

20 Year Member
neojedi said:
Yes, S-C.com = mostly spammers with a few gurus mixed in. I had trouble reading threads there because most of the content is vanilla "me too" posting and my eyes glazed over after awhile. Anyway, some of S-C would fit in if they came over, though some will simply have to head back to SRK where their empty comments can get safely lost in the milieu.

As for the other, on.com = hardcore gamers, hardcore flamers. I can't picture them fitting in to any site that they don't run themselves, and history certainly proves that. Still, if there was a fighting game tournament with NG members versus ON members, you could bet heavily against NG in every match played and net a lot of cash. I spend more time on ON than NG for about the first week after any new Neo Geo fighting game comes out. The character threads = :drool:

THing about ON.com is that they are a bunch of ROM hungry kids. No respect.

Shit, I have ROMS, but at least I know what a neo cartridge is.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
neojedi said:
Still, if there was a fighting game tournament with NG members versus ON members, you could bet heavily against NG in every match played and net a lot of cash. I spend more time on ON than NG for about the first week after any new Neo Geo fighting game comes out. The character threads = :drool:

If we're gonna go the whole "this forum vs that forum", SRK beats both on and ng.com.

Mystic_flame

Zero's Tailor
Maybe if they come over it will be a good thing. This site has been dead for the last few months so a few arguements will liven this place up. This newer NG.com isnt the same one I joined back in 2003. Back then it was more like the wild west. Now its more like Mr. Rogers Neighborhood.

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
SonGohan said:
If we're gonna go the whole "this forum vs that forum", SRK beats both on and ng.com.
I'm thinking Neo games only... I honestly don't give a rat's ass about 3rd Strike and Tekken.

Not to insult SRK, there are some great players there, but finding good Neo info in the gaming strategy threads is like a finding a pearl buried in the desert.

Edit... I guess my problem with SRK is that they are hung up on games that don't deserve the amount of attention they are getting. I never thought SF3 was worth digging into... and ST and Alpha3 were, but they've already been dug into. The sad thing about SRK is how these great players are forced to play the same old games over and over again because Capcom won't make a new game. If you had a hot Magnus in Marvel 5 years ago you were a big deal... if you do now, who cares?

Last edited:

Rade K

20 Year Member
SonGohan said:

Yeah, I know people in real life that post on SRK.com. What they lack in developed social skills, they make up for in spades with their overdeveloped SF skillz.

Rade K

20 Year Member
Mystic_flame said:
Maybe if they come over it will be a good thing. This site has been dead for the last few months so a few arguements will liven this place up. This newer NG.com isnt the same one I joined back in 2003. Back then it was more like the wild west. Now its more like Mr. Rogers Neighborhood.

I've been around since 2001. The only difference that matters is that now we don't have any new neo releases to bitch about.

Otherwise, the members I like still post.

I do miss Fran's shit.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.