HOLY FUCK: street fighter EX characters RETURN!!

TemJin3000

Axel's Trainer
Arika released a picture of their new fighting game for the 3DS featuring Street Fighter EX characters!

arika-fightingsample.png

i dont own a 3DS, but this is pretty awsome.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
that's pretty cool. Glad to see these characters in another game.

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
nice! the whole street fighter EX series is pretty underrated, it had it's own thing going that kinda pisses on the basics of street fighter (like third strike) but it's a great game on it's own (like third strike)

I never got the chance to try fighting layer but if this is more street fighter EX/ fighting layer style gameplay I might have a reason to get a 3ds after all :)

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
i always liked the EX series. i actually still have an EX3 arcade machine. i used to have a ton of arcade machines but ended up selling most of them. :(

TemJin3000

Axel's Trainer
i actually hope its all the original characters from EX AND Fighting Layer...that would be pretty sweet.

elixir

NAM-75 Vet
Needs 100% more better platform.

I can't imagine SF4 on the 3DS being terribly engaging.

SPINMASTER X

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,, I AM A HUMAN BEING!,
20 Year Member
I wasn't a big fan of EX gameplay but I LOVED the characters, especially C.Jack. That dude was a beast and he dressed pretty darn clean too. They really should release a new game with Fighting Layer and EX characters.

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
well, damn, no biggie though, I kinda wondered why the models looked so terrible.

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
I wasn't a big fan of EX gameplay but I LOVED the characters, especially C.Jack. That dude was a beast and he dressed pretty darn clean too. They really should release a new game with Fighting Layer and EX characters.

Cracker Jack's home run super was great.

Mike Shagohod

Stray Dog Grunt
20 Year Member
For me it's ALWAYS been about Blaire Danes. Glad to see her back.

Sucks this is gonna be for Cell phones though. I don't see why there can't be some sort of cross over between Arika and Capcom
and have the EX characters appear in say Super SF 4: Genocide Fist or something?

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Might as well put some completely broken build-your-own-fighter like Ace into the mix.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
Doctin Dark was always my favorite character. I loved his Dark Shackle super where after the combo he'd throw his explosive on the guy and walk away putting his hidden blade away. EX will always hold a special place for me because it was one of my first Playstation games. The music was great and it was a lot of fun to play. I really wish I picked up the second one and not the third. The load times in that really kill it. I hope ARIKA and Capcom could get together again to bring the EX characters back but I know that'll never happen, like a sequel to Tech Romancer.

tsukaesugi

Holy shit, it's a ninja!,
I played Fighting Layer once or twice in one of the bigger Akihabara arcades ages ago. It was absolutely awesome. One of the mid-bosses was a shark.

Not an anthropomorphic shark-man with arms and legs, but an actually shark.

Awesome.

I loved the first Street Fighter EX back in the day. As other people have mentioned it had some really great character designs. Hokuto, Garuda, and D. Dark really stood out.