Hmm damn it I can't decide

spookys6

New Challenger
I could either get a neo geo aes (probably unmodded or cheap mods for $200) with a phantom1 ($280) for $580
or I could get a consolized 2 slot for about $550
ofcoarse these 2 prices are before buying an arcade stick or two
or a massystems sgun with a one or 2 slot for maybe 4$50
I would be using it for gaming instead of collecting and just can't figure out which way to go.

ajk1080

Ukyo's Doctor
consolized or supergun if yur not collecting. I mean shit, even though the systems maybe = in price you gotta think about the games. $200+ for newer aes releases, $350 for brand new releases, vs cheap ass loose mvs carts. Although I would go super gun so you can use the new games like SvC and KoF03 since they do not have a mvs cart release. Plus you can get shock boxes and inserts for them so the mvs carts have thier very own cases

leepantalone

Pm'ing Rot. Always a Risk.,
Go with the consolized unit, or the supergun from Mas.... if you are not a collector, it is a simple decision.

spookys6

New Challenger
Oh whops, well as nash corrected a neo with phantom is $480 so couldn't I save like $70 (not including controller) by the phantom option and just buy mvs?
Oh and with the sgun it seems like there would be a lot of bulky components to set up, how much room does it take up, and is the set up complex?

Nash

Fu'un-Ken Master
i went with the fully-modded AES with phantom-1 route myself. it's played every MVS game i've bought thus far, save for a repaired copy of last resort. for the 2-3 newer games that can't be played through the phantom-1 (e.g. metal slug 5), i'll just pick up the AES versions. i just think the AES + phantom-1 looks a lot nicer than a supergun (although the supergun is more versatile).

Nash

Fu'un-Ken Master
i paid $500 altogether. $230 for the system and $270 for the phantom-1 (brand new one). i think i got a good deal on the system because it was near mint, fully-modded (well, with the exception of the LED in reset button), boxed, came with two near mint old-style joysticks, and a US AES copy of magician lord.