Here's me doing stand-up.

ratson

Hyperactive Stoner
15 Year Member
Couldn't make out all of it,being dutch and having crappy sound on pc didn't help either, but the things i could make out were actually pretty funny. Not just the same old shit in a new jacket like many stand-up comedians, most of them sound to much like the one they got inspired by. I laughed hard at the grindhouse part.
Keep it up, I am not just being nice cause if my opinion was that you just plain sucked, I would have told you.

RBjakeSpecial

Land of the Rising Bling:,
20 Year Member
Wow! I'm impressed. I loved the statement, "I'm pro-abortion." and just letting it sit there. It made me laugh a lot. I'm going to say it from now on.

Rade K

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I'll listen to it later. Wish I was there to heckle it.

Rade K

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Why is there a picture of Brian Cranston in the back ground?

sammybean

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
For one, props on the whole getting up in front of so many people. For two, you start off pretty nervous looking, but once the ball got rolling, you're pretty good dude, keep up the good work :D.

Marek

Banned
Well its guaranteed to be funnier than VT's frat-joke "comedy" bore-a-thon.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I like the opening, but the mom part didn't fly. I think the reason is that Seinfeld has been over for like 12 years. You could probably improve on the basement part, because I think it can be funnier. I like the grindhouse part.

Blue Steel

previously "bubu_X"
I don't think the mom stuff worked too well because you basically just went into that Adam Sandler voice. If you haven't been doing this long, I think it's great that you have the balls to actually do it. The thing is, every generation's perception of what is funny is going to evolve. I mean, my uncle used to say how funny George Carlin was, but I really just saw him as a biggot asshole.

You can get cheap laughs targeting minorities or homosexuals or whatever, but I think that kind of shit is just lazy. Yeah, we're all different. Besides that, what can you talk about?

When I think about it, I guess comedians usually make fun of current events or celebrities or whatever. I don't know if that's any less lazy than making fun of groups of people. I guess I'm not the person to give advice on this subject.

Maybe I don't know what's funny anymore. I guess I like silly shit more and more, the stuff that makes no sense, but I guess that doesn't go over well in a stand up setting. For example Tim and Eric wouldn't be able to do stand up, but I love that kind of comedy.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I agree, I thought it was funny especially the awkward pauses. I think you need to speak at a consistent level so people can understand you. At the begining I couldn't understand what you were saying. But after the first minute it was clear.

Good job dude.

TemJin3000

Axel's Trainer
thanks guys! ive been doing stand-up for a year and a quarter so far. the adam sandler mom voice actually gets big laugh alots of the time, hence being so suprised when it didnt work. i LOVE being on stage, the nervousness is a part of me both on and off stage, truth is that getting on stage is the only thing that has ever gotten rid of my anxiety, amazingly enough. my speaking used to be even worse, id be going at warp speed without even noticing it. practice didn't make perfect yet, but im getting there (in like 10 years lol). i really appreciate everyone's opinion and will try to take everything said into consideration! ^__^

Last edited: