Help with pricetags

blaobear

New Challenger
So, im going to sell some games, and I have been away from the Neo-geo market for to long now to know what im doing... so im asking if you could help me with a fair selling/buying estimate for these games:

KoF 03 (Jap)
KoF 02 (Jap)
KoF 01 (Jap)
KoF 99 (Jap)
KoF 98 (Jap)
Art of Fighting (Jap)
Art of Fighting 2 (Jap)
Last Blade (Jap)
Viewpoint (US)
World Heroes 2 jet (EUR)
Top Hunter (Jap)
Magican Lord (US)
Sengoku (US)
Metal Slug 2 (Jap)

Thanks//Peter

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
Why don't you check the price guide?

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
He probably has and is requesting advice from someone with an idea of the current market. The price guide is just a guide after all and not always up to date for every title. Still really useful.

pipes

Is there a 100% accurate price for any game really? These games are worth as much as someone is willing to pay. There's games I've seen sold for less than I would be willing to pay and vice versa.

blaobear

New Challenger
Yes, I did check the guide and i know its a good startingpoint but still not accurate enough...

I was hoping someone here had sold/bought the games and then knew what the current value is (or better guess then the priceguide)

xiao_haozi

Avid Neo-Expert
Yes, I did check the guide and i know its a good startingpoint but still not accurate enough...

I was hoping someone here had sold/bought the games and then knew what the current value is (or better guess then the priceguide)

Can always search back through the market for those games as well and see what they went for.... unfortunately, people often pull the price off the list after it's sold.

blaobear

New Challenger
Can always search back through the market for those games as well and see what they went for.... unfortunately, people often pull the price off the list after it's sold.

yea, and thats the reason i post this since sold games are usually removed from the listings and the ones still remaining are either games sold long ago or unsold for high prices...

pipes

Okay, I can help with a couple of those. I sold Sengoku and Magician Lord last month for $45 each. That included mini marquees though. Carts were in excellent condition, perfect labels, 100% original.

Edit: Those were MVS carts. I didn't know you were talking about AES.

Last edited:

ookitarepanda

rare's hero,
I'm assuming these are full homecarts in great or mint condition? The MVS price guide is pretty spot on and updated recently.

Kof 98 - $90-100 (sources 1 and 2)
Kof 99 - $100-120

Art of Fighting are both about $30. I bought both of mine within the last year for pretty cheap.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
KoF 03 (Jap) $225
KoF 02 (Jap) $150
KoF 01 (Jap) $125
KoF 99 (Jap) $90
KoF 98 (Jap) $85
Art of Fighting (Jap) $50
Art of Fighting 2 (Jap) $35
Last Blade (Jap) $115
Viewpoint (US)
World Heroes 2 jet (EUR)
Top Hunter (Jap) $85
Magican Lord (US) $35
Sengoku (US) $35
Metal Slug 2 (Jap)

Last edited:

moonwhistle

Tung's Hair Stylist
KoF 03 (Jap) £120
KoF 02 (Jap) £70
KoF 01 (Jap) £60
KoF 99 (Jap) £50
KoF 98 (Jap) £50
Art of Fighting (Jap) £15
Art of Fighting 2 (Jap) £15
Last Blade (Jap) £70
Viewpoint (US) £80
World Heroes 2 jet (EUR) £15
Top Hunter (Jap) £80
Magican Lord (US) £15
Sengoku (US) £20
Metal Slug 2 (Jap) £300

This is what I think their current values are based on what they tend to sell for on Ebay and forums.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member

moonwhistle

Tung's Hair Stylist
Ebay prices tend to be whatever BIN that happens to be the lowest at the time of the end of an auction. For example, these two are the most recent listings for US version of Viewpoint:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260592902479&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220593501985&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

They are way above the AES price guide.

If you pay £200 / $300 for Viewpoint you are retarded. It's not rare and readily available for half of that.

Heath

, cheyne stoking
Dont want to disrespect anybody but them prices are a bit off.you would be waiting ages if your only willing to pay £120 for KOF 2003 and £300 for metal slug 2.its near impossible.i would value KOF 2003 at around £180 & Metal Slug 2 at £400.you only have to look at completed listings to get a good idea.if you want to sell at them prices list them and see how long there listed for before there sold.i reckon about 5 - 15 mins.

CraKoKaiN

New Challenger
Dont want to disrespect anybody but them prices are a bit off.you would be waiting ages if your only willing to pay £120 for KOF 2003 and £300 for metal slug 2.its near impossible.i would value KOF 2003 at around £180 & Metal Slug 2 at £400.you only have to look at completed listings to get a good idea.if you want to sell at them prices list them and see how long there listed for before there sold.i reckon about 5 - 15 mins.

Very true...

KoF 03 (Jap) $250
KoF 02 (Jap) $125
KoF 01 (Jap) $100
KoF 99 (Jap) $75
KoF 98 (Jap) $65
Art of Fighting (Jap) $30
Art of Fighting 2 (Jap) $30
Last Blade (Jap) $140
Viewpoint (US) $200
World Heroes 2 jet (EUR) $30
Top Hunter (Jap) $150
Magican Lord (US) $30
Sengoku (US) $40
Metal Slug 2 (Jap) $500-550

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Ebay prices tend to be whatever BIN that happens to be the lowest at the time of the end of an auction. For example, these two are the most recent listings for US version of Viewpoint:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260592902479&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220593501985&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

They are way above the AES price guide.

Not trying to sound like a know it all, but I've been researching Aes game prices for years now and I've learned not to go by ebay buy it now prices. Ebay is a great tool for figuring out how much a specific title costs, but go by what It bids for, not buy it nows. I've seen titles like Sengoku 2 and Dunk Dream on ebay buy it now for $200+, and I've seen auctions end for those titles at $85-105. I personally would give $120-150 for each one of those titles If I grew tired of looking for one. Some Japanese Online stores have pretty good deals at a fair market value, but some ebay buy it nows are ridiculous. I guess it just depends on how patient you are.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Not trying to sound like a know it all, but I've been researching Aes game prices for years now and I've learned not to go by ebay buy it now prices. Ebay is a great tool for figuring out how much a specific title costs, but go by what It bids for, not buy it nows. I've seen titles like Sengoku 2 and Dunk Dream on ebay buy it now for $200+, and I've seen auctions end for those titles at $85-105. I personally would give $120-150 for each one of those titles If I grew tired of looking for one. Some Japanese Online stores have pretty good deals at a fair market value, but some ebay buy it nows are ridiculous. I guess it just depends on how patient you are.

The BIN listing serves as a ceiling, which is the maximum you'd expect the item to sell for. So if you're going to auction off a copy of US version of AES Sengoku 2 on teh 'bay, and someone else has already listed a BIN of $100 on the same item for a thirty day listing. Chances are that you won't get any higher bids than that. But if that listing had a BIN of $200, you could potentially get alot more out of the same auction because people would bid higher.

For example, I've bought a US version of Sam Sho V full kit for a little less than $70(bid up, not BIN), which is way below the price guide. The reason I managed to get it at that price is bacause at the same time, another seller was listing a (boot) Sam Sho V Special mvs cart for a starting price of $65 and a BIN of $75. In this case that boot cart served as a ceiling.

Despite the faults of ebay, the psychological side of the auction is what keeps my interest there.

alphagamer

Aero Fighters Flyboy
The BIN listing serves as a ceiling, which is the maximum you'd expect the item to sell for. So if you're going to auction off a copy of US version of AES Sengoku 2 on teh 'bay, and someone else has already listed a BIN of $100 on the same item for a thirty day listing. Chances are that you won't get any higher bids than that. But if that listing had a BIN of $200, you could potentially get alot more out of the same auction because people would bid higher.

For example, I've bought a US version of Sam Sho V full kit for a little less than $70(bid up, not BIN), which is way below the price guide. The reason I managed to get it at that price is bacause at the same time, another seller was listing a (boot) Sam Sho V Special mvs cart for a starting price of $65 and a BIN of $75. In this case that boot cart served as a ceiling.

Despite the faults of ebay, the psychological side of the auction is what keeps my interest there.

Some sellers take advantage of that effect. With one account they list a game with a ridiculous BIN (299€ for SVC Chaos) and with the other account they sell that game auction style starting at 1€. Of course it ends nearer to 200€ than 100€.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Some sellers take advantage of that effect. With one account they list a game with a ridiculous BIN (299€ for SVC Chaos) and with the other account they sell that game auction style starting at 1€. Of course it ends nearer to 200€ than 100€.

Check this one out:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260583368041&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260589838818&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Exact same multicart sold by same seller two weeks apart. The difference between them is that while the earlier auction was active, the seller also listed another copy with a BIN of 94.99GBP. The seller realized that he was limiting the bids himself so he removed the BIN listing. Without that ceiling the second auction went for more than double compared to the first.