Help updating neo geo x

mehguy

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Ok so I have a mega pack that has the update 500a. The neo geo x has 370. For some reason, it will get a tiny bit far and just show the error screen. Please help! I really want to play garou MOTW.

Last edited:

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
I know for some people having issues they sent theirs to tommo directly for them to get it to work. However, idk if that's still going on. There is a YouTube video on how to do so, but they are known to glitch up during updating. Shoddy hardware man.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
trash-can.jpg

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
It seems like you just need to keep trying. Mine went through on the first attempt, but several others had to try multiple times. Try to move the unit and cord as little as possible and once it starts just set it on a table and leave it alone until it is done or frozen again. M

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
That cable is a piece of shit. Try it again, try unplugging, wiggling, etc.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
I can actually hear the blood rushing into Pipes dick right now.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
I'm surprised he hasn't spoken up yet.

Bueller?...bueller?...

mehguy

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Things just got worse. I tried the update again. It got farther but until a certain point. It started to reboot and is stuck at the neo geo x logo. I tried booting it up normally and is stuck at the logo. So basically it's bricked unless te update is successful.

Jonmkl

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
That's a shame man.. I would just keep trying. The update is very much worth it, as it's pretty much the only thing that makes the X really playable. The menu's are much more responsive, you can run the games in native resolution and set it to stay that way, and it has full memory card features. I was actually playing some garou on mine last night. I do wish the thumbstick was better though, more like the NGCD or NGPC even, and I may just be crazy but it seems like the emulation runs slightly faster than an actual Neo, maybe they had to do that to get the Vsync working.

Whatever you do though, stay away from pipes if you can, we all know the NGX was disappointing but that guy has.. NGX... issues..

Side note: Mods, should this be moved to the NGX forums instead?

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
Well.......where to begin.

I see my name has been brought up a few times already and there was even mention of me becoming erect at just the thought of the NGX. In all honesty, it's quite the opposite. I usually walk around erect all day but hearing of someone's unrelenting pain and anguish at the hands of this vile creation just sucks the life right out of it. Not to mention, it's quite nauseating to learn that the fallout from this abomination is still reaching across the border.

Anyway, I apologize for not being here sooner.....I'm usually able to sense a NGX post before it's even entered but the fact that it's in the Neo Geo Discussion forum really threw me off. This is the last place I’d expect to see a thread asking for assistance with their ‘rocket cable’ so they can play a piss-poor emulation of MOTW on a shoddy handheld made by Tommo - which happens to be synonymous with low quality, substandard products.

Yes, this thread should be moved here……..
The Tommo Sodomite Community

Since you’re here though, I have a few things to say.

First, thank you for sharing your tragic story with all of us. It must be difficult…I have no idea.

Second…aside from the other guy posting in here, you seem to be alone in this. The link above should help you out. Not many know, but I created that site as a way for all of those that have been duped and molested by Tommo to congregate and share stories about happier times. I have entrusted crujones with the responsibilities of overlord there. He will see that you’re taken care of, I can assure you.

Lastly….what the fuck were you thinking?...Seriously.

mehguy

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Is their a way of connecting the neo geo x to a computer using a mini usb and dragging and dropping the neo geo x files?

Danthor

NAM-75 Vet
Is their a way of connecting the neo geo x to a computer using a mini usb and dragging and dropping the neo geo x files?

There is not, unless you reflash the whole thing, which as I understand is only possible on v337 units.. or something. Not the 370.

mehguy

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
I just discovered something. The update DID finish. But for some reason, it didn't install properly. So that means the rocket cable is faulty. Could someone out there loan me their mega pack or game pack volume 1-5?

Last edited: