Help requested

Mayhem

Zero's Secretary
A few of you may know me by reputation... certain eBay auctions in the past that have gone for slightly more than expected money for instance. Including a UK Pocket Reversi. Anyhow, I've finally registered here because I need some small assistance.

I've had a NGPC collecting project dumped in my lap to finish off, and I have to get the damn thing finished by Sunday! Basically it's stuff all the information about every single release ever into one place for publication. Lists here have been good to fill in the few gaps I wasn't able to do myself but as I go through, I may have more questions in the next day or two. For now, here's two starters for ten:

1) Neo Cup 98 Plus UK release... b&w correct?

2) Metal Slug: 1st Mission US release. Does it actually EXIST in a US cart with a product number of NEOP00211? I only ask because I cannot for the life of me find any pictures of such a cart! Found the box to confirm the ESRB rating for it (Teen) but not a cart pic. All I see from US sellers is the European version loose.

Thanks for any answers! :)

Adam Gallant

King's Dry Cleaner
Ahhh Mat. I better not catch you outbidding me on a CFC2: Expand edition *shakes fist*.

I'd love to help you on these things but my knowledge isn't quite that expansive. I can tell you however that there IS a US complete Metal Slug 1st Misison release. No clue as to the cart # but I know it does exist, I've seen it for sale before on these very forums. Finding one before Sunday? May need to hit up a bounty for it...

That's all I got, I'm sure some of the other Pocket nuts here can help as well.

-AG

Mayhem

Zero's Secretary
I have CFC2 so no worries about competing for a copy ;)

I'm not after a copy of US MS:1st Mission, just confirmation there is a US version of the cart with an ESRB on it with the id code NEOP00211. As I've not been able to find one to confirm. The guy who was doing the guide before me left the code at NEOP0021 which as we know is the UK version, but I haven't been able to see there is a real US cart as everywhere is selling the UK version.

TrailerTrash

Overtop Pathfinder
I have in my hands what I believe to be the US cart of Metal Slug 1st mission with the code NEOP0021 printed right under copyright SNK 1999. If you want proof PM me a e-mail address and I will scan the cart and send it to you.

Last edited:

TrailerTrash

Overtop Pathfinder
I tried to edit but it kept giving me "no page can be displayed crap"

Here ya go, best I could do.

031083proof.jpg

Or direct link

Mayhem

Zero's Secretary
That is exactly the same as the UK cart... I wonder if they never printed any and just used the UK release in the US for this title?

Mayhem

Zero's Secretary
Couple more questions...

3) Neo Cherry Master b&w title... UK release or not?

4) Master list have Bikkuriman2000 and Infinity Cure down for connecting to the Dreamcast. With which games, and if not that, how then?

TedEdFred

n00b
Actually I have a US Metal Slug 1st mission with NEOP00211 that is different than the one posted above. Has different art and ESRB. Tried to get a pic but my camera is really bad.

Ahchay

Marked Wolf
Wotcha Matt, how're things?

Can't really help with your other questions, but...
Mayhem said:
4) Master list have Bikkuriman2000 and Infinity Cure down for connecting to the Dreamcast. With which games, and if not that, how then?

Bikkuriman 2000 links with Bikkuriman 2000 Viva Festival!

Infinity Cure links with Never 7 ~The End of Infinity~

Don't really know what linking them actually gives you in these cases though. Most of the linking features in NGPC/DC games are a tad on the pathetic side...

Cheers
Chris

Mayhem

Zero's Secretary
Oh doing well Chris... apart from having this to do over the weekend :p

Well I say "have"... it was my choice to help out as the guy involved really only knew me on his staff to have any proper NGPC experience. Still, no rest for the wicked...!

finnil

Crossed Swords Squire
Hi,
Welcome to the forums ...

Mayhem said:
3) Neo Cherry Master b&w title... UK release or not?

There is no recorded release of a UK NEO Cherry Master (B&W), which would have probably been released as NEOP0014.

cheers,
finnil.

Mayhem

Zero's Secretary
I thought that might be the case (never seen it) but wanted to make sure. It's in the Master List on this site, but not the Price List done by D-Lite and I was trusting his more in this case (even though that isn't 100% either).

finnil

Crossed Swords Squire
Mayhem said:
1) Neo Cup 98 Plus UK release... b&w correct?

According to Sweater Fish's list this is correct.
I can't personally verify as it is one of the few I don't have.

"Neo Geo Cup '98 (NEOP0002) is indeed B&W, but it was only released in Japan. For the game's release in Europe/Asia and North America, SNK made some refinements and renamed the game Neo Geo Cup '98 Plus (NEOP0022). A changed game means a new NEOP catalog number. The Color version, Neo Geo Cup '98 Plus Color (NEOP0039), released in all three regions, is identical to this latter version with the addition of Color-support and the two can even be linked, though the original (NEOP0002) can't be linked to either. (Thanks to Rockman Pocket|tekcoP namkcoR for this info, too.)"

More details at:
http://www.rattlebrain.com/~opaopa/pokefaq.html

That should keep you busy for a bit :)

cheers,
finnil