Help neo geo repair guy uk needed

Ratsalad

n00b
Hi
Im looking for a person who would be willing to take like 10 neo 1 slots not working . Take a look and see if it’s worth
Fixing a few and we just split 50/50

Or 60/40 I’m not fussy just would like even 3 of them working I would be happy to be honest , I know it’s fine trace repair I have tried on a few myself before ( to no avail)

If your up for repairing a few neo geos pm me 🤝

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
Have you tried Mutant Caterpillar? Ian is a very capable tech guy.

Yes he is.

But he is also slow AF. Took 4 months for me to get a console re-capped from him. I was almost starting to think he'd nicked it. But then it arrived, and his work was good.

Having said that, I don't really have anyone else to recommend... except for Neil at 8bitPlus but he's semi-retired from professional work. You can always ask: https://8bitplus.co.uk/commission-work/neo-geo-aes-memory-repair/

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Guess I was lucky then because I used his service three times now (Speccy repairs) and got my machines back in about a month which I find more than reasonable.

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
Just checked my emails, it was 3 months not 4... my bad... this was earlier this year.

I think he took on more work than he could finish in a reasonable timeframe but maybe he's learnt his lesson.

Ratsalad

n00b
Have you tried Mutant Caterpillar? Ian is a very capable tech guy.
I don’t him but if you could hook me up
That would be cool ;)
You think he would be up for fixing neos ?

I mean I just don’t want to bin them ..
If I could get just 2 back from the ten I would be ok

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
Sounds like someone has taken a punt on a "junk" listing on YHJ! only to find, yup, they're all junk!

I've previously used a guy who went by the handle "IronGiant" on several forums, but don't know if he's still active... his work was very good and turn around time was a few weeks... but that was nearly 10 years ago. Try over at arcadeotaku.

maki

Edo Express Delivery Guy
I used to by junk single slots in bulk, never more than 10-15 euros per piece, at least 10 at a time (EU/Germany, shipping and tax are not financially viable to/from the UK for junk), repaired I've sold them for 50-70 euros a piece.
I could only fix about a third of them, lots of rotten traces on many boards, beyond repair, only good as donors.

You don't need a "Pro for NeoGeos", you need someone who is willing to take that deal, the retro scene in the UK seems very much alive, but you're asking in an US based forum ;)

Ratsalad

n00b
This guy is very good, I've used him a few times but yeah he can take a while. Vectorglow on AO might give them a shot. But if it's only for like £10-20 profit what's the point.
That’s the sad truth ..
I don’t know ..
I have like 10 units though hmm
Hate to through them I’m the land fill