Help need some advice on buying an MVS setup

ScoobyDoo

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Due to being fed up with the high prices of AES carts I'm looking to get an MVS setup, but I need someone to answer some questions first. Here goes:

1) What are the differences between the MVS boards? Are there any advantages from buying something bigger than a '1 Slot' other than the fact you don't have to change games as often?

2) Can I connect my Neo Geo joysticks to an MVS board?

3) Do any of the boards have a memory card slot?

4) Where is the best place to buy a Super Gun in the UK? Are there a number of different models? If so which one is best?

5) Will I need to make any modifications to it to use it with an MVS board?

6) Can I use a Hyper Neo 64 with a Super Gun without any modifications?

7) What sort of price should I be looking at paying for a Super Gun and MVS board setup in the UK (or US if anyone knows of a seller who will ship to the UK for a fair price)?

Thanks

Yoshi

20 Year Member
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">
1) What are the differences between the MVS boards? Are there any advantages from buying something bigger than a '1 Slot' other than the fact you don't have to change games as often?

Nope. The major advantage is that you don't have to change games.

Some boards allow you to do this. I have a 1-slot with controller ports. I know 2-slots exist as well.

I believe that you can connect a memory card slot to the boards, but I have not seen one with a slot built in.

4) Where is the best place to buy a Super Gun in the UK? Are there a number of different models? If so which one is best?

I can't help you there. I only know of http://www.massystems.com and http://www.gwtrading.com in the USA.

5) Will I need to make any modifications to it to use it with an MVS board?

The only modification that would be necessary is if you do not get the correct button configuration. Tell wherever you order it from that you want to use it with an MVS.

6) Can I use a Hyper Neo 64 with a Super Gun without any modifications?

There are new-style HNG64 boards that are plug and play with Super Guns. Older ones require extra wiring for sound.

7) What sort of price should I be looking at paying for a Super Gun and MVS board setup in the UK (or US if anyone knows of a seller who will ship to the UK for a fair price)?

In the US, a 1-slot and a Super Gun can generally be had for $400-425. That would not include shipping.

Hopefully some of that was helpful to you.

------------------
yoshirpg.gif
It's not easy being green...

chainsawyak

Raiden's Valet
"3) Do any of the boards have a memory card slot?"

Just to clarify this, my 2-Slot Board has a memory card slot in it, it's on the left side and it's just like the memory card slot in home cart systems. It also has headphone jacks on it, but I'll never really understand the point of those on videogame systems.

------------------
~~Thanks
Çhâïñ§åw ¥àK
Tempest X000!!!
My Game Trading Zone Page

"A moment of realization is worth a thousand prayers."

Shapermc

Mai's Tabloid Photographer

you need to buy an older 1-slot for it mine has it.

as far as i know all boards have connectors for memory cards, but not all are built in. you can usualy find a mem card board or two on the internet.

as an extra bonus you can set mvs boards on free play so that you dont have to keep pressing a credit button.

you could also build a super gun for cheaper than buying and shipping one for more info go to www.arcadecontrols.com
smile.gif

--Shaper MC
--ONLY BUY MVS--