?HELP FOR ARCADE WIERING?

Hi To All Of You At neo-geo.com FORUMS. I Will Like To Know How Hard Is It To Do Some WIERING For My SUPER NOVA HOME ARCADE (MAS SYSTEMS)? What Do I Need And Where Can I Buy It? Also Is It Better To Just Do The WIERING For A SEGA ASTRO CITY CAB (THAT HAS 6 BUTTONS, BUT ONLY 3 WORK BECAUSE I NEED TO DO SOME WIERING ON IT), Or Is It Harder And What Will I Need To Work On The SEGA ASTRO CITY CAB? Will It Be The Same Tools As The Ones I Will Need For The SUPER NOVA? (WHAT PARTS AND TOOLS DO I NEED AND WHERE CAN I BUY THEM?). I Will Only Be Wiering The 2 Other Buttons (ALL I NEED IS 5 WORKING BUTTONS OUT OF THE 6). :help:

ttooddddyy

PNG FTW,
Please help me with my wiring.

Hi to all of you at neo-geo.com forums. How difficult is it to wire my MAS ? What do I need and where can I Buy it? Also is it better to just wire for a sega astro city cab (it has 3 buttons not 6) Is the wiring the same as a super nova ? Whats involved.

Translation service offered by ttooddddyy, reasonable fees
Discount for Aliens

dogtoy

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
ttooddddyy said:

Hi to all of you at neo-geo.com forums. How difficult is it to wire my MAS ? What do I need and where can I Buy it? Also is it better to just wire for a sega astro city cab (it has 3 buttons not 6) Is the wiring the same as a super nova ? Whats involved.

Discount for Aliens

Well thanks for the translation ttooddddyy, but i'm still not sure as to the exact meaning of the question(s). Needs some sort of macro-parsing.

Is he asking how to wire a supergun from scratch? How to attach a MAS gun to a game/tv? How to wire a gun with 3 or 6 buttons?

i'm confused... :(

cheers,
-DT

EVIL NICK

ALL CAPS,
20 Year Member
ttooddddyy said:

Discount for Aliens

:buttrock:

Kickin' Wing

Armored Scrum Object
This guy had PM'd me about a week ago with his problem, unfortunatley I wasn't able to help him.. so I directed him to the Tech Support forums.

Anywho, I think his problem is:

He bought a Sega Astro-City cab for use with an Atomiswave. The top 3 buttons are wired for Standard JAMMA, but the bottom 3 aren't wired at all -- or are possibly wired to a Kick-Harness.

So he needs to know how to wire 2 of those bottom 3 on the JAMMA loom so he can play AW properly.

I'm not sure where the MAS stuff comes in, unless he wants to wire a MAS stick to his cab or get a SuperNova to play AW (if wiring his cab is too hard).

The only thing I could suggest is run a wire from the common of Button-1 on both sides to Button-4, then do the same for Buttons 2/5. Then run the NC's to Pins 25 & 26.

There's probably a better solution involving a switch to go between having the Kick-Harness and buttons 4 & 5 wired to the JAMMA.. or just running those buttons to the jamma connector and also splitting them to the kick-harness.

This is all the reason I don't have or want a cab.. so hopefully someone can be more insightful.

-Kickin' Wing

Here's some links to his other posts that may / may-not be relivant:

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=122448

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=122082

dogtoy

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
I'm almost as confused by this response as I was by the question...

:conf:

-DT

Kickin' Wing

Armored Scrum Object
dogtoy said:
I'm almost as confused by this response as I was by the question...

:conf:

-DT
Sorry about that.. basically I think he wants to wire buttons 4 & 5 on his control panel to the Atomiswave.

AW doesn't use a Kick-Harness, it wires 4 & 5 straight to the JAMMA connector, like Neo-Geo does for D and Select.

So I would think the best solution would be to split the buttons 4,5 to the JAMMA loom AND a Kick-Harness.. that way it's easier to swap out boards.

And for the common connectors on 4 & 5, you can just run a wire from the button above them, since they goto the same place.

-Kickin' Wing

dogtoy

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Kickin|wiNg said:
Sorry about that.. basically I think he wants to wire buttons 4 & 5 on his control panel to the Atomiswave.

AW doesn't use a Kick-Harness, it wires 4 & 5 straight to the JAMMA connector, like Neo-Geo does for D and Select.

So I would think the best solution would be to split the buttons 4,5 to the JAMMA loom AND a Kick-Harness.. that way it's easier to swap out boards.

And for the common connectors on 4 & 5, you can just run a wire from the button above them, since they goto the same place.

-Kickin' Wing

Sweet I understood this one!

cheers!
-DT