Hello from IL!

gptrilik

n00b
Hi folks. Just wanted to introduce myself. I am new to the forums here but better late than never.

Since I was a young lad walking with my little brother in the local mall, I was aware of what 'Neo Geo' represented. Something very unattainable at the local video game store, Babbages, to something I could play with a minimal investment at the arcade, Aladdins Castle.

Time past.. the arcade shut down. Babbages was bought out by Gamestop. I went through the SNES, Dreamcast, PS1, PS2, and so on. Video games has always been a part of my life ever since my uncle brought us an Atari 2600 with Pacman and Pitfall all those years back.

Recently I started to get more involved in collecting some of the older games I used to rent as a kid for weeks at a time. I thought about that Neo Geo that I used to play at Aladdins Castle and thought, "Why not..." A quick Craigslist search was ran to see if anything was available...

Well I found a 4 slot at a nice price but it was a solid 8+ hours away in KC. Why not take a day off and go check it out. There were a few for sale in that area and I was sure I could grab one.

I hauled back to IL the same day with a 'big red' in the back of the truck. I thought about how much time I actually spent in the arcades or playing video games with my brother, my cousins, the neighborhood kids and realized that video games has been about the most constant presence outside of my family during my relatively short life.

The last 4 months has been spent picking up 40 some MVS carts, another 4 slot cab, some AES hardware and a new Daedalus convertor. My wife thinks I am going a bit too far but I don't think so... I haven't told her yet how lucky she is I am not collecting any AES carts. =-)

Anyways.. Pleased to meet you all and looking forward to playing some more Neo Geo in 2012.

gptrilik

Last edited:

gptrilik

n00b
That kidpanda... I have been monitoring his 'For Sale:' activities. He is very good at the collecting indeed. My bitches though? heh heh. Good luck with that one. You do not want any part of that. Stick to the pcbs and your life will be much happier. =-)

gptrilik

watch out for that guy, gpt- he'll take all yer pcb's...

...and yer bitches.

city41

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
8 hour drive to get your neo, now that's dedication :) welcome to the boards man!