Hell has frozen over...Berserk gets a new anime!!

BigTinz

VT's Bitch , You can fuck this mouth for a fruit c
Awesome. Hated the ending of the first series.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I imagine it won't be a continuation of the old anime.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
One night she came down when I was watching Griffith raping Casca.

I was in my underwear too.

She went back upstairs without a word.

evil son

Bead Banger
Omg my prayers have been answered thx for the post u just made my night

I mean shit look at my sig my avi I'm a berserk whore

T.A.P.

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
I've been meaning to watch that series for awhile now.

Eric

Fight On!,
I imagine it won't be a continuation of the old anime.

It's been going strong from that point for a good 20+ volumes so I don't see why not. And with all the breaks Miura seems to take these days you can almost believe a new animated series every 12 years could catch up to the story.

DeadPixels

Beast Buster
Awesome. Hated the ending of the first series.

You and me both, probably the most frustrating ending I've ever had the misfortune of seeing. It's a shame, as it's definitely one of my top three favorite series.

I can't wait to see this.

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
Wow, this is truly great news. I just got done reading volume 31 and have been devouring the manga like a fiend lately. I'd read up to 21 as they were being released stateside, but the wait between volumes was too much and I sort of knew what was going on because I was buying the Japanese volumes as they were being released. But I really wanted to know what was going on in the series 'currently' so I decided to dive in again.

I really hope this picks up where the last one left off. I don't want another rehash of the prior events, and I really want to see characters like the Skull Knight, Farnese, Serpico, Isidro, Griffith and the new Band of the Hawk and Mozgus and his torture pals animated. The Conviction arc has probably been my favorite of the series so far.

I'd also love to see the Berserk armor in animated form, even though I pretty much know what it looks like in motion from the PS2 game.

Looking forward to this.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
It's been going strong from that point for a good 20+ volumes so I don't see why not. And with all the breaks Miura seems to take these days you can almost believe a new animated series every 12 years could catch up to the story.

The old anime left some characters out. If they want to continue it from that, I guess they'd have to change it up even more.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
The old anime left some characters out. If they want to continue it from that, I guess they'd have to change it up even more.

Not really. Adding in Puck out of nowhere can be a lot more seamless than you think.

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
Personally, I feel revisiting Wyald is like revisiting stuff we've already seen. So go back and do the Band of the Hawk arc all over again?

I want to the evolution of those concepts. I want to see the stuff that we HAVEN'T seen yet.

I want to see Guts on his quest for vengeance, and all the complications, AFTER the sacrifice.

SetaSouji??

There Can be Only One
This is a good year for anime.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trigun

Trigun was animated by Madhouse, broadcasted on TV Tokyo, produced by Victor Company of Japan (JVC) in 1998 and directed by Satoshi Nishimura with scripts by Yosuke Kuroda, character designs by Takahiro Yoshimatsu, mechanical designs by Noriyuki Jinguji and music by Tsuneo Imahori. It is licensed in the United States by Pioneer USA (now Geneon). However, the anime is no longer licensed after Geneon USA had closed its doors in late 2007. The DVDs are now out of print. At Katsucon 2010, Funimation Entertainment announced that they have rescued Trigun and will be re-releasing the series on DVD and Blu-ray on October 27, 2010.[4]

Eric

Fight On!,
Funny that they show Griffith at the Hill of Swords only to then use a clip from the old anime when Guts leaves the Band. At least we know they have a whole 5 seconds animated already.

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
The dynamic of their relationship and the reason Griffith did what he did had a lot to do with their duel over Guts leaving the Band of the Hawk, so I can see them wanting to draw a visual correlation between the two different scenes. Especially since Griffith was visiting him solely to see if he had any of the feelings he had when they fought.

Miura has done a great job in making me still care about these characters after so long.

Great teaser. Makes me wish I had the series, although this looks more like a commercial for the manga than an announcement of an anime (even though we can see it's coming.)

Guts looked awesome charging with the Dragonslayer. It'll be great to see it get animated at long last.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I often wonder what I would have done if I were in Griffith's position.

I mean, I 'know' I wouldn't sacrifice all my comrades, but then again, man. What shitty circumstances.