Hearthstone

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Sometimes you just know it's Mirror Entity (this is currently my favorite deck):

I0cY2zf.jpg

cannonball

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
Sometimes you just know it's Mirror Entity (this is currently my favorite deck):

View attachment 18535

haha nice one. I'm pulling my hair out with these secret mages right now. I thought i was clever earlier waiting for 2 secrets up and flaring but then I hear that fucking counterspell sound and almost threw my ipad into the big bush/tree next to my picnic table

cannonball

15 Year Member
blizz must be smokin that shit. Starving Buzzard will cost 5 mana and be a 3/2 after Sept. 22.
leeroy up to 5 mana as well but that's not really that big of a deal.

source

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
I get the leeroy nerf. The buzzard nerf makes no fucking sense to me. +3 mana for 2 stats? And after they raised the UtH mana cost some months back? Just insane. You're almost better off running Cult Master instead. I'm not a big hunter player, but that's a stupid nerf.

I'm glad to not be able to hear that leeroy jenkins yell for more than twice in a match now.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
interesting that they are weakening the hunter class further than it already is.

Nothing sucks more than being completely tied to the beast minions. Buzzard was the bread and butter of an otherwise shitty class.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I don't play Hunter so this doesn't affect me, but I'm sure there are a tonne of people that will be spewin' ('Straya for pissed) because of that nerf. I'm sick of playing the predictable Hunter.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
interesting that they are weakening the hunter class further than it already is.

Nothing sucks more than being completely tied to the beast minions. Buzzard was the bread and butter of an otherwise shitty class.

Hunter is one of the most powerful classes. Control hunter is up there with control warrior, but they have more ways to burst damage. That fucking Buzzard/Hounds combo just made it a bit too easy to draw cards. Without it, hunters will still be wrecking shit. The nerf made to buzzard just didn't make any sense. Fuck, make it a 4/4 or something at least. Azure Drake is a 5 mana 4/4 that draws a card AND gives you +1 spellpower. It seems like Blizzard just wanted to kill the card without removing it from the game. Maybe in the expansion hunters will get a legendary that makes beast cards cost less or something.

cannonball

15 Year Member

Now I know for sure you are just trolling us and don't play the game :D

@nerfs:

I really don't know what to say. The card is absolute garbage at 5 mana and 2 health. Blizzard just outright ruined the card. They should have simply removed it from the game. They basically want it to be the hunter version of sprint. One late game use and that's it. I may put one in my new hunter deck I'm working on for post patch, but that's it. On the bright side, I still have plenty of games as hunter where I demolish the person and never draw a buzzard. The class will survive, just not with the win % it had before.

The leeroy nerf is OK, but really now you have to start wondering if it's worth 5 mana to have to deal with the two 1/1 whelps. I can spend 6 mana on an argent commander and get potentially 8 damage out of him. Leeroy is still OK in miracle but you'll need some other win conditions now. Firebat rogue for instance uses alexstrasza as a 2nd way of getting in lethal range.

edit: post nerf hunter deck maybe?

snake trap may be a good play with the shitty buzzard, with 5 traps I may want to squeeze in a 2nd eaglehorn bow though. I dunno.

edit #2: new deck idea - no buzzard or unleash thoughts? I think this could be pretty competitive, but I dunno my decks usually suck.

Last edited:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Hunter is one of the most powerful classes. Control hunter is up there with control warrior, but they have more ways to burst damage. That fucking Buzzard/Hounds combo just made it a bit too easy to draw cards. Without it, hunters will still be wrecking shit. The nerf made to buzzard just didn't make any sense. Fuck, make it a 4/4 or something at least. Azure Drake is a 5 mana 4/4 that draws a card AND gives you +1 spellpower. It seems like Blizzard just wanted to kill the card without removing it from the game. Maybe in the expansion hunters will get a legendary that makes beast cards cost less or something.

That makes no sense. It's a starving buzzard not some fat buzzard. You can't give it a lot of hp.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
That makes no sense. It's a starving buzzard not some fat buzzard. You can't give it a lot of hp.

I'll buff the shit out of my buzzard and call it whatever I want and there's not a damn thing you or anybody else can do about it.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Now I know for sure you are just trolling us and don't play the game :D

@nerfs:

I really don't know what to say. The card is absolute garbage at 5 mana and 2 health. Blizzard just outright ruined the card. They should have simply removed it from the game. They basically want it to be the hunter version of sprint. One late game use and that's it. I may put one in my new hunter deck I'm working on for post patch, but that's it. On the bright side, I still have plenty of games as hunter where I demolish the person and never draw a buzzard. The class will survive, just not with the win % it had before.

The leeroy nerf is OK, but really now you have to start wondering if it's worth 5 mana to have to deal with the two 1/1 whelps. I can spend 6 mana on an argent commander and get potentially 8 damage out of him. Leeroy is still OK in miracle but you'll need some other win conditions now. Firebat rogue for instance uses alexstrasza as a 2nd way of getting in lethal range.

edit: post nerf hunter deck maybe?

snake trap may be a good play with the shitty buzzard, with 5 traps I may want to squeeze in a 2nd eaglehorn bow though. I dunno.

edit #2: new deck idea - no buzzard or unleash thoughts? I think this could be pretty competitive, but I dunno my decks usually suck.

People forget that UtH can still be combo'd with shit like Timber Wolf, Scavenging Hyena, and Dire Wolf Alpha. The card draw is gone but the burst is still very real.

cannonball

15 Year Member
People forget that UtH can still be combo'd with shit like Timber Wolf, Scavenging Hyena, and Dire Wolf Alpha. The card draw is gone but the burst is still very real.

I don't think unleash is worth it without the potential buzzard combo personally, even with timber wolf or dire wolf. hyena is fun, but usually gets removed and I don't want to waste slots in the deck with a 1 off combo.

Hunter early game is so strong now with the new naxx cards, you really don't need unleash for board control anymore. Card draw is more important.

Last edited:

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Just started playing Mage in ranked earlier this month. Only 400 more wins to go...

BhlTjUm.jpg

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
100 just this season? Nice work!

I've been all about Druid lately. Exceeding with the taunt-cock-block.

cannonball

15 Year Member
I don't have anywhere near 100 wins on any classes yet. The classes I play regularly are in the 40-60 win range.

Wes how are you still at rank 20 if you managed 100 wins this season? Are you high rank farming?

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
I just stay at 20. Once I win twice in a row (rank 20, two stars), I concede twice to reset the stars (so I don't win a third time and get the extra star bonus to bring me into rank 19).

The main reason I'm staying at 20 is because there's more diverse decks to play against. After rank 10, all you see are the same 3 kinds of decks, and it gets boring, imo. It's not all easy wins, either. I play against a surprisingly large number of golden heroes and/or players with legendary card backs. I'm assuming they're doing the same. It's also a good rank to test out and tweak decks, imo.

I'm definitely also grinding for the golden hero portrait, but that's sort of a side bonus, along with the 10g per 3 wins along with daily quests (which I try to always reset until I get a 60g or 100g one). I didn't know there was a daily limit of 100g you could obtain from winning 3 times (which would take 30 daily wins). I read that the max gold an account can have is 20,000, so I may try for 30 wins a day when I can. When the 100 card expansion is released, I want to use the 20,000g to buy 200 packs and then spend $100 on two of the 40pack bundles, which should net me most, if not all of the new cards (and craft the ones I somehow don't get from 280 packs). If I hit 20,000g before the expansion, I'll just buy packs to stockpile dust, since I already have everything.

EDIT - I've only been playing Mage this season, aside from when the quests require me to win 5 in a row with another class. I think my next highest class is Rogue with 90something wins. All the other classes hover around 20 - 40 wins, except Paladin, which I haven't played ranked at all with. That class is going to suck to grind with, and I may not even try until it becomes more viable with nerfs/buffs/expansion/whatever. I probably should be running strictly hunter until they get nerfed, so I can get easier, quicker wins.

Last edited:

cannonball

15 Year Member
I've thought about doing the rank 20 farming in order to start going for the golden portraits, but I keep telling myself I'm going to put in the time to get legendary...I never do though. I only play 2-3 games per day and I just climb too slow (rank 9 ATM so I doubt I'll come close to legend this month). If I were to farm rank 20 though, I'd use an all in face deck just to make the games go very quickly. I may do that with shaman. I want those golden totems.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
It'd probably be easier with Shaman after the buzzard/leeroy nerf, too. I don't lose very often, but when I do it's usually to decks that have outrageous rush and my flamestrike/blizzard sits at the bottom of my deck.

I think the coolest golden portraits are the rogue (omg golden dagger), shaman (omg golden totems), druid, mage, and warlock. I don't think I've ever seen a paladin one, haha.

I'm with you on the legend rank. It just takes so much time, and the games usually last longer at the higher ranks, which make it such a time-sink. I have to do it at least once to get the special card back. After that, I don't think I'll ever do it again.

You know what's insanity? You can't craft the golden Elite Tauren Chieftan. It was only obtainable if you purchased Blizzcon tickets last year (the game was still in closed beta). There are scratch-off cards on ebay going for $100 - $200 that give you ETC and bonuses for other Blizz games. I came really close to buying one this morning for $108. I know it's crazy and stupid to pay that much, but it's obvious that I love the game and have put a lot of time into it, and will continue to do so. I'm really torn. I don't want to be that asshole :(

cannonball

15 Year Member
You know what's insanity? You can't craft the golden Elite Tauren Chieftan. It was only obtainable if you purchased Blizzcon tickets last year (the game was still in closed beta). There are scratch-off cards on ebay going for $100 - $200 that give you ETC and bonuses for other Blizz games. I came really close to buying one this morning for $108. I know it's crazy and stupid to pay that much, but it's obvious that I love the game and have put a lot of time into it, and will continue to do so. I'm really torn. I don't want to be that asshole :(

ETC is so rad too, I completely understand haha. I won't think any less of you bro :D I've seen that they go for outrageous prices. Had I known at the time I would have bought one of those e-tickets for blizzcon just for the ETC, but I missed the boat as well.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
My friend brought up maybe buying 2 tickets this year to sell this year's code somewhere down the line. I'm not sure if you HAVE to go to blizzcon to get the scratch offs.

Heads up from the reddit forum, eBay merchant selling $100 iTunes gift cards for $75. You can use it to buy card packs through the ipad. 80 packs for $75 isn't too bad. I'm considering it just for the dust/gold cards I may pull.

Link - http://www.ebay.com/itm/100-iTunes-...5?pt=US_Gift_Certificates&hash=item5669a56e13

cannonball

15 Year Member
My friend brought up maybe buying 2 tickets this year to sell this year's code somewhere down the line. I'm not sure if you HAVE to go to blizzcon to get the scratch offs.

Heads up from the reddit forum, eBay merchant selling $100 iTunes gift cards for $75. You can use it to buy card packs through the ipad. 80 packs for $75 isn't too bad. I'm considering it just for the dust/gold cards I may pull.

Link - http://www.ebay.com/itm/100-iTunes-...5?pt=US_Gift_Certificates&hash=item5669a56e13

Thanks for the heads up on the itunes thing. I think I may do that as well. It's all about that dust and gold cards now. I've made sets of golden mad scientists, undertakers, and web spinners so far from naxx. I'm addicted haha.

I do remember back before beta was ending people were talking about the blizzcon tickets and that you didn't have to actually attend to get the golden ETC. You could just buy an e-ticket for the event.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Yeah, I'm not sure you could sell an e-ticket down the road, which is what my buddy suggested. I'm definitely buying one this year, though.

I went ahead and grabbed 2 of those $100 gift cards :\ Gold naxx cards, here I come..

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
No time to play but still enjoy this game if I can. Just so busy now.