HDMI Mod Possible?

leepantalone

Pm'ing Rot. Always a Risk.,
Did a quick search to see if there was anything on this.... didn't readily see anything.

As analog connectors to TV's are being phased out, is there any possibility that a HDMI mod could be done on a Neo?

Is anyone doing them presently?

Is it possible to output a digital signal from the hardware?

Last edited:

Master Tasuke

Pathetic Meat Sack, Doll Fucker and Collector of J
isn't it just as well to run your SD sources through an external SD/HD processor?

leepantalone

Pm'ing Rot. Always a Risk.,
Havent tried it. Will likely pick a converter up and see how the output is. Just wasn't sure if anything would be lost in the process...

Master Tasuke

i'm probably going to have to think about one myself soon, just to be safe...

Master Tasuke

i've a 46" WORST BUY INSIGNIA with four HDMI in, a single set of SD A/V inputs and a 3D COMB FILTER based SD processing system,
probably among the very last models BB offered with such accoutrements on board.

considering technology today, it'll probably konk out sooner rather than later, so i really should be getting myself well prepared just as soon as i can...

Last edited:

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
I believe the best option for this is the XRGB mini, you put RGB in and get good quality upscaled HDMI out.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
It's certainly possible, and I'd bet I've of the gurus is working on it right now. The issue is that you'd need a scaler, and at that point you might as well just buy a Framemeister and use it with everything. You could easily internalize a cheap Lenking rgb to hdmi converter but the image would suck.

Skips

Belnar Institute Student
It's certainly possible, and I'd bet I've of the gurus is working on it right now. The issue is that you'd need a scaler, and at that point you might as well just buy a Framemeister and use it with everything. You could easily internalize a cheap Lenking rgb to hdmi converter but the image would suck.

The XRGB mini is currently the best option. Unfortunately if there was an HDMI mod by the time you bought the kit and paid to get it installed (unless you can do it yourself that is) you would most likely be looking at around $150+. If you are patient you can get an XRGB mini used for $300 and new for about $350 and it works with all the game systems. The XRGB mini does look beautiful on a good HDTV. Even without scanlines on the xrgb mini was breathtaking on my samsung.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Turn those scanlines on you godless heathen.

Skips

Belnar Institute Student
Turn those scanlines on you godless heathen.

Scan lines are nice on the xrgb if your hdtv scales 720p properly. Mine did not so it actually looked worse with them on.

mikejmoffitt

Mickey's Coach
You're screwing around unless you have a 480p laser projector and an XRGB-3 in line doubling mode.