Have you met Americans who admit they're poor?

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Haha, I always take all the vacation given to me (3 weeks/yr).

And if anyone gave me grief over it, well fuck them in the ear.

Setherial

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
With this "refugees" ( more like illegal "inmigrants ) crisis, you wished you were somewhere else...
I was refering to the free time we have. The refugee thing, that is another discussion. I am not in favor of them coming overhere. Good point you made btw.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
I was refering to the free time we have. The refugee thing, that is another discussion. I am not in favor of them coming overhere. Good point you made btw.

They were probably not in favour of being caught up in a civil war with their families being slaughtered either. Life's a bitch eh.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I"m shocked to read the article, that is just plain bad! How can people expect to give it your fullest if you can't have time off? Thankfully, I live in Europe.

In the United states, businesses don't just believe in the innovation of interchangeable parts, they also believe in interchangeable employees.

tacoguy

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
In the United states, businesses don't just believe in the innovation of interchangeable parts, they also believe in interchangeable employees.

They also like to demand utter dedication and loyalty from us. They have the ability to let us go without any cause. I have learned over my experience that no matter how good and hard working you might be, or how long you stayed with a company, it means shit to them. For any reason they will can you. Everybody is replaceable.

Wages and benefits have been stagnant for a while now but thats ok, the people at the top are getting richer off the hard work of the people in this country. And they like to tell us if we work hard enough that we can make it like them. Thats the american dream.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
I have learned over my experience that no matter how good and hard working you might be, or how long you stayed with a company, it means shit to them. For any reason they will can you. Everybody is replaceable.

This is the same every-fuckin'-where.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
They were probably not in favour of being caught up in a civil war with their families being slaughtered either. Life's a bitch eh.

You got lucky Cameron put his feet down before it was too late. Maybe next year you won't have to worry about all this EU shit anymore.

StevenK

10 Year Member
You got lucky Cameron put his feet down before it was too late. Maybe next year you won't have to worry about all this EU shit anymore.

What's more likely to happen is when it grows into a genuine crisis all the countries that took the first wave of refugees will demand the countries being difficult now (like the UK) pull their weight and take what's left. The shitter being that all the able bodied and motivated refugees will already be housed up, starting new lives and working jobs in Germany and Sweden while we get the amputee grandmas and blinded children who didn't leave at first because they were physically unable to so will be genuine drains on the state for the rest of their lives.

Hurrah!

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Implying they will actually get jobs here and not just leech of our social system. A lot of those people don't have a proper education.
A lot of them are not fleeing because of war but for economic reasons, especially those from the balkans.

Last edited:

StevenK

10 Year Member
Implying they will actually get jobs here and not just leech of our social system. A lot of those people don't have a proper education.
A lot of them are not fleeing because of war but for economic reasons, especially those from the balkans.

That's true. At least there's a possibility they might work though. Only Wayne Rooney would be able find employment for the toothless old hags we're going to be soaking up. As for the kids, Saville is dead now and I don't think he paid well anyway.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
That's true. At least there's a possibility they might work though. Only Wayne Rooney would be able find employment for the toothless old hags we're going to be soaking up. As for the kids, Saville is dead now and I don't think he paid well anyway.

I hope more Americans get this post.

lulz.

Setherial

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
This

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member

A civil war that was very largely constructed by the EU and the US of A. I'm not in favor of the Arab flood either, the negative repercussions of it will be seen in the next ten years or so. (omg racist!)

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member

Aye, I just saw some amusing footage on the telly last night, a news crew was interviewing the refugees in Hungary and every single one of them was repeating "Sweden, Sweden, Sweden" like some kind of mantra.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
Some people here in the US think we should take in some of the refugees.

They don't seem to understand that the US government can barely take care of its own people (KATRINA KATRINA KATRINA), and they want to take people from other countries, who I'm sure will not work, and will subsequently bring the rest of their families over to leech off of our already depleted resources.

Good times are a-comin'.

o.pwuaioc

Crossed Swords Squire

They don't seem to understand that the US government can barely take care of its own people (KATRINA KATRINA KATRINA), and they want to take people from other countries, who I'm sure will not work, and will subsequently bring the rest of their families over to leech off of our already depleted resources.

Good times are a-comin'.

Why wouldn't they work? Employment for people from the Middle East here is really high. These are middle class people who had houses with running water and normal jobs, why wouldn't they look for jobs here?

My only concern is the overall lack of jobs. If we accept more people who are willing to work for depressed wages, our wages in turn will continue to stagnate. We need to start forcing companies to give better wages, but that's against big business interest, and therefore against both the Democrats' and Republicans' interest.

StevenK

10 Year Member

Good times are a-comin'.

"Can barely take care of" and "barely takes care of" are two very different things. The US government probably spunks more money on ice cream for it's troops than it would cost to rebuild every New Orleans resident's shack.

Kristian Meller

Vanguard Pilot
10 Year Member
Haha, I always take all the vacation given to me (3 weeks/yr).

And if anyone gave me grief over it, well fuck them in the ear.

How the fuck can life be worth living if you never get any decent amount of time off? Humans aren't born to slave away at jobs; that's a necessity for living, not the reason for living.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
How the fuck can life be worth living if you never get any decent amount of time off? Humans aren't born to slave away at jobs; that's a necessity for living, not the reason for living.

Ignorance is bliss. People raised in a country where getting a week off of work is really good never think to question otherwise. Couple that with a mentality of making employees feel guilty for putting a higher workload on their co-workers for taking time off and there you go.

Another option is saving all your vacation time and getting paid for it instead of using it. 80 hours of vacation time? Lots of Americans would prefer just to take the 80 times whatever their hourly wage is and get the money.

Meanwhile the French had riots a few years ago because people fucked with their vacation time. Good on em.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Ignorance is bliss. People raised in a country where getting a week off of work is really good never think to question otherwise. Couple that with a mentality of making employees feel guilty for putting a higher workload on their co-workers for taking time off and there you go.

Another option is saving all your vacation time and getting paid for it instead of using it. 80 hours of vacation time? Lots of Americans would prefer just to take the 80 times whatever their hourly wage is and get the money.

Meanwhile the French had riots a few years ago because people fucked with their vacation time. Good on em.

I think that is an completely unfair statement and a horribly inaccurate view of the current situation in the US...

This has nothing to do with ignorance, it has to do with complete lack of choice.

When you are on the job market and have 10 prospective jobs (that's a stretch BTW)...2 may offer 1 week vacation and the other 8 will offer 0. This isn't ignorance, this is us getting fucked over. It's not like we dumb Americans could get 4 weeks paid vacation if we just asked for it.

The job market in America is a critical levels and getting worse by the day. You have upper level employees that for the most part, get great wages, benefits and job security...then there's everyone else. "Everyone else" means salary positions, shit retirement, extremely long work weeks and often, zero job security. If you are not in the upper level but have managed to be around long enough to get more than base pay...you're really in trouble. More than likely the company will let you go and replace you with some kid college grad that will work for base salary.

This action shifts necessary work duties to the remaining seasoned workers due to the fact that the kid is unskilled. This process goes on and on. If anyone actually requests more pay or better benefits, they're at a minimum denied, at maximum, let go.

This current environment of mass-unskilled, minimum-skilled is producing shit product. Those that can produce are extremely overworked and that creates even more mistakes.

I understand there are places that are an exception to this...but most places aren't. The American job market is,for the most part, complete shit.

I'm no blind liberal...but to deny that there isn't a MASSIVE wealth distribution problem in the US is to be ignorant. With worker's pay/benefits being eroded piece while upper level execs continue to make more and more...this is only going to get worse.

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
A civil war that was very largely constructed by the behind the scenes string pulling rulers of the EU and the US of A.

Fixed?
I consider myself part of the ''USA'' and beside my involuntary mandatory pillaged $s that are used, I've got nothing to do with it.

I swear I've just seen a commercial for some medication that relieves the constipation caused by opiates. enough people are on opiate based pain meds from corps to warrant this, yet you can hardly smoke even a tobacco cigarette outside without getting in trouble?