Have you ever miss a big deal? Like rare games for a pretty good price?

Earthquake24

Dodgeball Yakuza
Hmmm, I would categorize my answer as "almost". I almost missed out on one big lot of rare games a few years back before I moved. It was a craigslist ad for a clearance garage sale. The sale was about an hour and half away from me. The guy was selling his game collection, as well as lots of other collections he had since when he was younger (comics, action figures, etc.) His ad read "You don't want to miss this one. I'll have TG-16, NES, SNES, Sega Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Neo-Geo, and alot more". When you see something like that, of course you think it's not real, too good to be true, don't bother wasting gas.

I figured 'What the hell? If I don't try, the vampires (resellers and other collector types) will be there and have gotten everything and it would have been a "What if?" It was to start at 9 am. I get there at 7:30 a.m., mainly to scour the area, park right in front of the house and wait. When I go to these, I usually bring around $160 or so, in different denominations just in case. So, 8:30 hits and the place was swarmed. People were attempting to line up as close to the gate as they could for when the guy opened. He came outside when there was about 10 mins and moves people back and says when the gate opens at 9, you can enter. With a few minutes left, I basically decide I'm going to rush past all of these suckers and get to the good stuff.

That's what I did. The gate opens, I rush past everyone looking for the Neo stuff which was in the back area. He has a white boxed Neo AES, a white boxed Neo controller, and complete in box Neo Geo AES games. I already had a unibios AES, so I passed on the system, had no idea how much he wanted for it or the controller, I do regret that though. Grabbed each and everyone of the AES games. The place is packed with people and someone comes up right beside me and asks "Are you going to get all of those?" I slowly turned and tell him "Yeah, probably". Each AES game was pretty much near mint and complete. I grab Football Frenzy, Robo Army, Cyber-Lip, Andro Dunos, Last Resort, Alpha Mission II. I leave behind Ninja Combat and I think Blue's Journey because I already had them plus I wanted to look for other things. The guy behind me grabs those too as I leave them there. :lol: The guy's ad really was real. He had tons of stuff as he said. Was able to get a CIB Musha for Sega Genesis for $5 and a bunch of other things too. The price for the AES games: $20 each. :lol::lol: He really meant what he said by "clearance".

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
:snack:
Before I was The Chinese Kid, I had another name. But most of you that posted in that thread are too new to know it.

Last edited:

Pasky

Fug:DDDDD,
Good thing I find magician lord to be very mediocre.

I have no nostalgia for it, the Engrish is great though.

kris79

Cheng's Errand Boy
I totally slipped on 2 official huge Sega Dreamcast arcade sticks for $20 a pop. When I looked them up much later they were going for close to $100 each on ebay. Bummer...