Have you ever miss a big deal? Like rare games for a pretty good price?

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
do his Italian posts not count or something?

Have you ever missed a great deal? Like for rare games at a pretty good price?

no biggy! I think I might have ''fixed it'' enough for it to be proper English? I sort of doubt that though. your adjectives and stuffs were weird. I'm no proffessor so don't take my criticism or ''teaching'' too seriously.

on topic: I've never chased ''lots'' so its a no from me.

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
:up: Classic incomprehensible Karou View attachment 17423

missed instead of miss makes more sense to me? I think miss is used for nouns like I miss my mommy, old house or pets and stuff? not for verbs? I only tried to get c's in english at a decent school though, you know? wait you can miss running and stuff too so I'm wrong with the verbs idea. have you ever miss a big deal, is still wrong even if I don't exactly why though.

rare games at a decent price... to me this says more than one game at one price thusly I infer it refers to purchasing lots. which are sometimes called job lots of games or bundles.

like I said my ''corrections'' might not be any better, I'm pretty sure about the first one though.:annoyed:

edit:wtf am I talking about verbs he doesn't even have a verbs up in the miss part.
btw mr moose you forgot to address op, maybe you couldn't make sense of it?

Last edited:

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
rare games at a decent price... to me this says more than one game at one price thusly I infer it refers to purchasing lots. which are sometimes called job lots of games or bundles.

I think the OP refers to missing a good deal, like getting original English Garou with pristine label for $20 but not buying it for whatever reason, not necessarily bundles. I for one, know have missed many good opportunities to get stuff I want at fair prices, sometimes because I do not have the money readily available, other times because I am not aware of the regular price and think "I can get it later at a better price".

Regards.

Shuri

Kula's Candy
10 Year Member
I dont know if it fits the discussion.

I bought a NBA JAM:TE cabinet, it's not in a dedicated cab but still, it was well made. Anyhow it turns out the board inside is that elusive version that contains the mortal kombat characters that were later removed when the NBA found out and freaked out about it. What a random find.

And its kinda boring.

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
I dont know if it fits the discussion.

I bought a NBA JAM:TE cabinet, it's not in a dedicated cab but still, it was well made. Anyhow it turns out the board inside is that elusive version that contains the mortal kombat characters that were later removed when the NBA found out and freaked out about it. What a random find.

And its kinda boring.

Ver. 2.0, it also has some devs and Kerri Hoskins in it as well.

WoodyXP

Setsuna's Owl Keeper,
15 Year Member
I found a Kizuna Encounter AES priced at $75 at a recycle center in Japan. Left it on the shelf in favor of KOF '99. Came back a week later and it was GONE. I still hate myself 10 years later.

NeuroticMoose

Super Spy Agent
missed instead of miss makes more sense to me? I think miss is used for nouns like I miss my mommy, old house or pets and stuff? not for verbs? I only tried to get c's in english at a decent school though, you know? wait you can miss running and stuff too so I'm wrong with the verbs idea. have you ever miss a big deal, is still wrong even if I don't exactly why though.

like I said my ''corrections'' might not be any better, I'm pretty sure about the first one though.:annoyed:

edit:wtf am I talking about verbs he doesn't even have a verbs up in the miss part.
btw mr moose you forgot to address op, maybe you couldn't make sense of it?

nah dude, I just love reading your posts, there's a certain charm to them

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
not necessarily bundles. I for one, know have missed many good opportunities to get stuff I want at fair prices,
Regards.

I really don't care that much but you can see how you put prices not price, nyyesss?
I could live with: A rare game[no s] at a decent price.

just trying to help, hopefully it does more good than harm! fellow is obviously trying to do English, right?
not saying he's necessarily even bad at it either, could just be typo or whatevs.

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
I really don't care that much but you can see how you put prices not price, nyyesss?
I could live with: A rare game[no s] at a decent price.

just trying to help, hopefully it does more good than harm! fellow is obviously trying to do English, right?
not saying he's necessarily even bad at it either, could just be typo or whatevs.

I absolutely see what you mean Karou, however I thought the plural "prices" was correct because I was talking about "opportunities" and both are plural, but now I am not sure anymore.

Regards.

Last edited:

Metal Slug76

Cheng's Errand Boy
I missed out on Magician Lord for $40 about a year ago. Not really sure this classifies as a rare MVS game but the way it's price has increased you would never know.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
ITT Karou attempts a role of grammar Nazi.

Last edited:

Fox1

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy,
20 Year Member
Had my dad drive me to SNK USA around uh...1998 or so to get a AES repaired that I found on Excite Classified (lol), I asked the guy there what games they had in stock, Metal Slug 1 US Aes and Metal Slug 2 US Aes were among them....sigh.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Had my dad drive me to SNK USA around uh...1998 or so to get a AES repaired that I found on Excite Classified (lol), I asked the guy there what games they had in stock, Metal Slug 1 US Aes and Metal Slug 2 US Aes were among them....sigh.

Damn, time to fire up that flux capacitor!

In the past year, 3 stand out for me as blown opportunities:
Andro Dunos JPN AES for $80
View Point US MVS for $50
Gley Lancer JPN MD for $30

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
If it's a game I wanted and the price is insanely low, you'd bet your bottom dollar that I'm gonna pounce on it immediately. So no, I've never missed such a deal.

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
I consider it rare nowadays as I rarely see it. Received a call from a friend that owns a self storage business. Offered me a full deluxe model Afterburner 100% working for free. I had no where to put it.

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
I missed out on Magician Lord for $40 about a year ago. Not really sure this classifies as a rare MVS game but the way it's price has increased you would never know.

That was a good deal considering current prices. I just bought one on eBay for $82 shipped and consider it a not-so-bad deal. The game itself (English version at least) seems to be not so rare, but almost nobody is interested in selling it.

Regards.

Tehcno

Bao's Babysitter
20 Year Member
I wouldn't say it was a rare, but... Back around 2000 or 2001 I found an MVS that I think was a 1 or 2 slot, can't quite remember. It was at a Coin-Op dealer who was trying to get rid of it for only $100, but at the time I was newly married and lived in a tiny apartment so I had to pass on it. I've paid for that now because my current MVS cost me $900 and has issues that I'm still trying to fix.

p413j316

Crazed MVS Addict
Neo related: local game shop got in some AES games... one of them was a golf one - now that I'm informed I'm guessing it was Top Players Golf, but I can't be so sure. They wanted $50 for it. Could have been an amazing deal if it was Turf Masters :-D

Non-Neo related: I remember walking into the local department store in the mid-90's and seeing a stack of these over-sized SNES games piled up and on clearance.... yup, sealed Earthbound being given away for dirt cheap prices to make shelf room for NBA Courtside on N64 :(

WoodyXP

Setsuna's Owl Keeper,
15 Year Member
^

...god I hope you're joking...

No joke. For the longest time I thought I was the only dude buying those carts, plus I didn't know the value of Kizuna at the time.

totoro

X>2, (He is so wrong -Ed),

Wow unbelievable ...!

egg_sanwich

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
Neo related: I biked 30km (don't know miles, do the math) to a recycle shop in Japan and passed on a boxed AES with extra stick for $70. Luckily I was smart enough to bike back the next day when I realized what a fool I'd been. It was still there.

Non Neo related: Unfortunately I was on a budget and couldn't buy the N64 DD complete with games they were asking $100 for. Win some, lose some.