Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA 2

bloodhokuto

Меня зов
15 Year Member
Ok, so I kept seeing adverts on YesAsia for this game, as well as pictures of the UMD packages on various forums.

Anyway, I have been busy struggling through the Japanese PSn recently as I got a cheap PSP Go recently and wanted to utilise the bluetooth Dual Shock connectivity and play the likes of Dodonpachi without getting all spasticated by the crappy buttons on PSPs.

During my painful trawling through the stupidly laid out JPN PSN I came across what appeared to be a demo of this game which I downloaded.

Anyway, despite the fact that I'm really shit at playing (I can never time the direction button presses on time for some strange reason), I have gotten quite into the game (and the music).

Anyone else have this game? I understand that stupid Sony or SEGA hasn't allowed for a downloadable version, so PSP Go users are getting fucked over again.

There is also a PS3 add on I understand (but this requires at least a save file from the UMD game.

I do have a UMD PSP, so I am tempted to pick up the UMD, even if I will do so cursing SONY and SEGA, because gaming is so much better on the PSP Go with the Dual Shock.

photo-103.jpg

sammybean

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
I've been wanting to check this out for a while too. And wait, dodonpachi is on PSN?!

bloodhokuto

Меня зов
15 Year Member
Yup, and the PS1 port is only 600Y.

photo-105.jpg

sweet.

sammybean

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
Anyone got a guide to purchasing on JP PSN from the US? Because that looks badass.

ForeverSublime

6400|!!|Kyo Clone
20 Year Member
Can you connect the PSPgo to your TV, so you can play with dual shock on your TV?

subbie

Baseball Star Hitter
I've only played the demo and the game kicks my ass. I'm really bad at rhythm games. =(

Anyways the game is getting a PSN release. It's due out at the end of the month (August 31st) for 5,400 Yen. Not sure why the delay though.
http://miku.sega.jp/pjd2/

Can you connect the PSPgo to your TV, so you can play with dual shock on your TV?
Yes you can.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Let's see if they will release a mat accessory with that. XD

bloodhokuto

Меня зов
15 Year Member
Anyone got a guide to purchasing on JP PSN from the US? Because that looks badass.

I set up my JPN PSn account ages ago, so I can't remember the guide that I used, however here is another;

http://blogs.ign.com/xheavenxsentx/2006/12/09/39684/

It's a bit awkward finding stuff on the shop though, it's sort of set up like the UK / US versions, but navigating to find a single game is a bit annoying.

You can search via game company for example, but only some of the folders have the company logo on - like SNK, whereas for example finding Gran Turismo, it's stuck in some seemingly random folder and the search function is useless - like you search for Gran Turismo and it brings up some videos, but none the games.

It didn't take too long to find Dodonpachi in the PS1 area, but prepare your self for a bit of aimlessly searching around for ages for stuff.

I've only played the demo and the game kicks my ass. I'm really bad at rhythm games. =(

Anyways the game is getting a PSN release. It's due out at the end of the month (August 31st) for 5,400 Yen. Not sure why the delay though.
http://miku.sega.jp/pjd2/

Glad I'm not the only one who's not so great at it.

Good news about the PSN release, I really like playing with the Go at the moment.

Last edited:

bloodhokuto

Меня зов
15 Year Member
So I finally got around to downloading the Dreamy Theater for the PS3 ... only to find I get this message on my PSP when I try to run the initial activation.

Has anyone else bought Dreamy Theatre or read Japanese to assist me?

I thought it might be a game save issue, but I made a new save file.

I get the same message on one of my other PSP (2000), so I don't think its 'Go' related.

photo-130.jpg

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
So I finally got around to downloading the Dreamy Theater for the PS3 ... only to find I get this message on my PSP when I try to run the initial activation.

Has anyone else bought Dreamy Theatre or read Japanese to assist me?

I thought it might be a game save issue, but I made a new save file.

I get the same message on one of my other PSP (2000), so I don't think its 'Go' related.

photo-130.jpg

The error message reads:

There is no available system data for PSP® (Playstation®Portable) Software "Hatsune Miku — Project Diva"
Please load the saved system data from the PSP® (Playstation®Portable) currently in use.
Press the PS button (Home button) to end the game.

That's kind of weird that you're getting this error — aren't you playing this on the PSP?

bloodhokuto

Меня зов
15 Year Member
The error message reads:

There is no available system data for PSP® (Playstation®Portable) Software "Hatsune Miku — Project Diva"
Please load the saved system data from the PSP® (Playstation®Portable) currently in use.
Press the PS button (Home button) to end the game.

That's kind of weird that you're getting this error — aren't you playing this on the PSP?

Thanks for your input.

Yes I can play the PSP game fine, and I have a perfectly working save file, well two actually, so I have no idea what the problem is.

I'm really gutted because I love tha game, but I end up playing it on my TV via the PSP component lead and my PS3 joypad, as it's a real pain just playing it on the psp (my hand get well cramped). So actually having a PS3 version would be awesome. :(

Its only that my PSP is not logged into my PSN account that might be the only thing (long story but I forgot my password and can't retrieve it, which is fine for my PS3 because it is saved, but I can't log in on the PSP (although I can transfer PSP and PS1 games and play them no problem)).

So I have no idea what to do, the only thing I can think of is to set up a new JPN account (and remember my password this time) and then rebuy the PSP game and the PS3 App AGAIN and log in my PSP before I start it all. But I don't want to rebuy all that again. :(