Has anyone noticed this about the shockbox??

BlackFlag

Formerly Lamuna
For the later production and newer shockboxes, I noticed that there are variations in the vinyl used -- particularly the outer vinyl of the shockbox that protects the insert. The games around 1996 use more non-transparent cover and the texture of the material is also different. I noticed this on my KOF95 Jap version and Samurai Shodown3 Jap version. Has anyone noticed this??? The black plastic design/material of the shockbox appears to be same though.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Do you mean shockbox or snaplock case? If you do mean shockbox, the BigBear version is noticeably lighter than the JasenHicks version.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
For the later production and newer shockboxes, I noticed that there are variations in the vinyl used -- particularly the outer vinyl of the shockbox that protects the insert. The games around 1996 use more non-transparent cover and the texture of the material is also different. I noticed this on my KOF95 Jap version and Samurai Shodown3 Jap version. Has anyone noticed this??? The black plastic design/material of the shockbox appears to be same though.

I advise you to get out of the house for a bit.

city41

Mai's Tabloid Photographer
10 Year Member
My bad but I am just curious haha

It is snapbox I guess. The newer one.

shockbox -- an unofficial case for MVS games designed by Big Bear
AES case -- the original vinyl based AES cases
AES clamshell -- the new sexy AES cases

snapbox -- nothing at all

BlackFlag

Formerly Lamuna
shockbox -- an unofficial case for MVS games designed by Big Bear