Has anyone made a Neo Geo remix of Sonic 2 music?

XxHennersXx

Why So Many X's?,
15 Year Member
People don’t really use the Neo Geo for chiptune stuff.

No one has made a sequencer or anything for it as home brew, so if you made a song you would have to program the entire thing from scratch.

And the Neo doesn’t have a sound that’s really...signature. Like the NES or Gameboy or Genesis. So any plug in for a modern sequencer doesnt exist.

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
The soundtrack in magician lord is killer. I dunno if that was imported into the system or generated by the neo geo itself though.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
What a specific question

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
The soundtrack in magician lord is killer. I dunno if that was imported into the system or generated by the neo geo itself though.

Most of the Neo stuff is sample based. Use the juke box and you can get all the hits from mag lord for instance.

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
You should ask those fellows in that Electronic Music Producers thread. One of them might be willing to do some sort of remix.

:spock:

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
I wish there was a utility like NeoJukebox that worked on modern hardware. That Windows program let you play music off the roms and turn off any of the separate channels during playback.

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
You gotta admit that's some oddly specific request. Marketplace filler?

Chris Covell worked on the ADK MML engine and you could probably put anything in Magician Lord and other Alpha Denshi games as BGM/SFX if you want it enough. http://www.chrismcovell.com/ADKMML.html

The Magician Lord instruments are iconic but I don't think they define the console. In fact, I don't feel like there's a cohesive "neo-geo" sound identity anyway because of how flexible the sound hardware is (and the fact that sample abuse is rampant).