Has anyone experienced the joy of playing on something this beautiful?

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
Have you ever been lucky enough to play a cabinet that is put together as well as this one in an arcade? :glee:

alright, seriously......just about every time I look on eBay I see some crazy button layout for a neo-geo cab......

It's not like they're just different...... but just put together to look like shit!

just wondering what the heck could be going through people's heads when they're making a control panel that looks like this:

mar039.JPG

Maybe they're blindfolded when making the control panels? I mean seriously... WTF?

Anyone else ran into anything like this at an auction or an arcade? Hard to play? It seems like you would be really weird with the second player standing on the side of the cabinet,lol...

Just curious what other people think and if anyone from around here has actually played on something like this?

Last edited:

Freelancer

Banned
Usually it's just a case of a lazy arcade operator/owner taking an existing badly designed panel layout and adding to it.
They can't be bothered to build or replace a new panel (can't say that I blame them as installing and wiring new buttons can be a tedious process---especially if you need to do this on more than one cab) they simply find ways to cram new buttons into an already cramped area and layout.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Belive me there are FAR FAR worse

I'll be back with a pic.

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
But look at the arcade sticks locations......

It's like somebody was supposed to stand in front of the game and use both of them for one player VO-OT or something...

I mean... what game would have a control panel like that? Unless they took it from a bigger cab and just cut it down without actually trying to make it even?

and I have seen worse ones than this by far!!!

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

don't even tell me those are neo panels :spock:

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
:eek_2:

3 buttons? wtf?

that is just plain sad!

ok....I would like to see someone top those,lol....

Kazuki Dash

Samurai Shodown Swordsmith
after looking at those atrocities, I'm reminded of just how disgustingly indifferent some operators can be towards gameplayers...I mean, there's always laziness but to flat out make a cabinet setup that's incompatible for NORMAL play is just...grrr
:blow_top:

it drives me mad how some of them just feel it's ok to piss on us like that...we're the @#$%^! CUSTOMER for pity's sake...

Mike Shagohod

Stray Dog Grunt
20 Year Member
lithy said:
horridCP.bmp

hideous2.jpg

Thanks Briggs for the pics

Whoever came up with that layout for a Cab needs to be beat with a switch for ten minutes, and forced to watch Tatoo say "Dee Plane, Dee Plane" being looped on a BETA during the whole process. No fourth button? And WTF is up with the black cab and thoss weird buttons... And damn it looks like some chick puked up her dinner after gagging on a cock with that off color in the last photo. Uggggggh!

MERCENARY X99

BlackSpy

Tsrgoihrea,
20 Year Member
I wonder if Briggs' 'Bad Panel Poll' is still about?

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
See, the difference between the picture that I posted and the other two pictures up there, is that the guy went as far as getting the overlay, the label stickers, 4 different colored buttons, the one and two player stickers........and just about everything you need to make a nice looking neo panel.....

but then handed the materials to his 4 year old son and said "Have at it!" lol....

that's the part I don't get....

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Amano Jacu said:
thepain.jpg

I found this one this summer in Spain... :rolleyes:

twas only a matter of time till somone whipped out a pic of the pie buttons...

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
lithy said:
horridCP.bmp

WTF?

It's like someone stole the buttons off a gambling machine, then used a buttplug as a joystick

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Well can anyone please tell me why arcades do so poorly in the US????

Anyone,,,,, Hmmmmm..........

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
lithy said:
Belive me there are FAR FAR worse

I'll be back with a pic.

:tickled: :D :tickled:

I have a ton of saved picks of bad controller layouts..
Some are just ridiculously horrific....

I agree with Freelancer ...

Freelancer said:
Usually it's just a case of a lazy arcade operator/owner taking an existing badly designed panel layout and adding to it.
They can't be bothered to build or replace a new panel (can't say that I blame them as installing and wiring new buttons can be a tedious process---especially if you need to do this on more than one cab) they simply find ways to cram new buttons into an already cramped area and layout.

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
VVVVVV-----Again I wonder.....

NGT said:
See, the difference between the picture that I posted and the other two pictures up there, is that the guy went as far as getting the overlay, the label stickers, 4 different colored buttons, the one and two player stickers........and just about everything you need to make a nice looking neo panel.....

but then handed the materials to his 4 year old son and said "Have at it!" lol....

that's the part I don't get....

why the hell would someone get all of that and then F' it all up?

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
How hard is it to bondo the holes, Sand it then drill new ones?

dbarrett0928

Banned

screw that...i thought you were serious at first and then i realized its obviously sarcasm...

Sundance

Sho's Rival
The bondo isnt really the problem..its putting the metal rods in to secure the bondo. Kinda like Rebar inside of concrete. Then smoothing & painting the bondo right before it dries. :rolleyes:

Curt

apostate
Those cabs are so strange

They look fucking retarded...

No way would I ever buy something like that...

eight one

Igniz's Servent
lithy said:
(Pitiful layout pics)

Wow...I didn't think there were that many quiz games for the Neo.

My fingers hurt just looking at that shit.