Hardest section/branch in a Metal Slug game?

So which is the hardest part?

• MS1: The first half of The Final Mission.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • MS2/X: The Beginning of the Final Mission.

• MS2/X: The final boss.

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • MS3: Mission 2 - Ice cave

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • MS3: Mission 3 - Ostrich Slug path.

• MS3: Mission 4 - Samurai Path

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • MS3: Final Mission - Mothership

Votes: 9 37.5%
  • MS4: Mission 5 - Samurai Path

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • MS4: Final Boss

• MS5: 4th boss

• MS5: Final bosses

• Total voters

TheBigBB

Formerly known as dmhawkmoon
I'm going to list sections that were the hardest to master and see what you guys think is the harshest! I'm going for the samurai part on MS3...

Domino-chan

, Certified Gamer Chick,
20 Year Member
I voted for the final mission /mothership in Metal Slug 3.

That mofo never ends!! :very_ang:

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
Hmmm, thats a hard one for me to call. Too many for me to pick a definite.

TheBigBB

I think that ice cave is a VERY CLOSE SECOND or maybe even should have been my top choice. I'd love to see someone beat that without a death on anything higher than normal difficulty (level 4 I guess) and especially on the highest setting. It'd be a freakin miracle. There's just not much you can do when you have 12 snowballs homing in on you shot from 6 guys who take like 20 hits each to kill and will keep pumping them out. It's nuts. Normal mode is just barely doable. You have to kill the as fast as you can, but the harder levels just make them take way too long to die.

Kiel

20 Year Member
Its not necesarily the hardest part but the subway section in MSX is certainly one of the most intense sectons of the sug series. Ice cave is up there!

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
Man, the mothership for sure. That place is very hard and you must be precise.

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
dmhawkmoon said:
I think that ice cave is a VERY CLOSE SECOND or maybe even should have been my top choice. I'd love to see someone beat that without a death on anything higher than normal difficulty (level 4 I guess) and especially on the highest setting. It'd be a freakin miracle. There's just not much you can do when you have 12 snowballs homing in on you shot from 6 guys who take like 20 hits each to kill and will keep pumping them out. It's nuts. Normal mode is just barely doable. You have to kill the as fast as you can, but the harder levels just make them take way too long to die.

Actually the ice cave is one of the easiest parts for me. I have it down to a science. I have beaten without dying everytime since I got it down. I play it on normal but can beat it on hard also. It used to be hard, but then I just learned where the guys were coming from and used a healthy amount of bombs, and badda bing, I did it.

TheBigBB

Jedah Doma said:
Actually the ice cave is one of the easiest parts for me. I have it down to a science. I have beaten without dying everytime since I got it down. I play it on normal but can beat it on hard also. It used to be hard, but then I just learned where the guys were coming from and used a healthy amount of bombs, and badda bing, I did it.

Maybe I should use an emulator to save a state in the ice cave and practice it over and over....

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
$hyte - I picked the MS 3 samurai path, since I had just glanced at it and thought that we were only talking about alternate paths :oh_no:

Anyway, the mother ship of MS 3 has got to be the hardest - besides being brutally difficult, it's also a fucking marathon. Sometimes I even have to pause the damn thing to rest my finger :oh_no:

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
Well now after playing the last level for awhile, it would have to be a tie for the samurai level. Man, that thing is so freaking hard. Not for the weak of heart.

TheBigBB

Spike said:
:eek:

Noooo! Get a memory card instead.

Heh... Well you can't begin in the ice cave if you want to practice it. I just am so bad at it right now that I don't know what to do. Playing mission 2 over and over to get to that point is time consuming. I just might do it though. Cause I hate teh romz.

Kiel

20 Year Member
Oh come on. :emb:

You only have to play like 5 min to get to that point.

And it really helps when going for high scores.

I played the first 2 stages over and over finding every secret until I could see it in my sleep.(which wasn't a good thing)

TheBigBB

Spike said:
Oh come on. :emb:

You only have to play like 5 min to get to that point.

And it really helps when going for high scores.

I played the first 2 stages over and over finding every secret until I could see it in my sleep.(which wasn't a good thing)

Yes I know how to get high scores :p

It is one of the most important places to go for high scores. I never do a run without going in there. I just don't have it down as well as I should and I need to practice different things. Hey man, you're talking to the guy who has every Metal Slug on the Neo-Geo and also owns the PS2 and XBox version of part 3. Don't worry about me and teh romz.

Definitely the Mothership in MS3. It's not that the enemies are hard to kill (Not counting the boss before the Clones- EVIL!), it's just that it's such a long level, and that the old phrase "Strength in Numbers" is taken to a whole new level with the Spider Bots. And for them, there IS honour in death. For you, there is not.

Honourary mention goes to the first half of the last mission in MS1... Until you figure out the easiest way to do it- At the start, inch across the screen very slowly, killing any soldiers, so that the screen doesn't move, but you can see the Tank. If you keep your distance, the Tank won't actually "see" you, and won't fire. Destroy it, find the secret hostage that gives you a weapon, and continue to advance slowly, taking out anything quickly. Well, that's how I do it anyway.

Kiel

20 Year Member
Sorry. :annoyed:

You know I was just thinking to myself how do you have the #2 high score without having the ice cave down to a science, and then I come in talking about scoresand you are ranked #2. I dont know what I'm talking about, Dont listen to me. :annoyed:

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
Yea, I never understood that either. I mean I'm not the man at that game either, but the ice caves are pretty easy. On normal I can get though it with no problems at all. I'm not sure what part you are having trouble at moon, but if you need any help, drop me a line and I could give you some pointers.

TheBigBB

It might have something to do with the way I play the game. I'm generally slow and careful. It seems like slow and careful isn't the best bet for survival in there. I just don't want to do anything like, shoot Rumi. I want to make sure I get her. Stuff like that.

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
So how many more points do you get for shooting here compared to bumping her. Wow, that sounded bad.

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
I picked the Samurai Path in 3. It's also my favorite path. :guitar:

Last edited:

Kiken

Camel Slug
Jedah Doma said:
So how many more points do you get for shooting here compared to bumping her. Wow, that sounded bad.

You can shoot at her and still "get" her for the final score bonus at the end of the stage (30,000 points). You have to make contact with her before she reaches a certain point.

Example:

In MS2 at the stage 3 boss, Rumi will fall once she physically breaks the plain of the boss' front (it doesn't matter whether the boss is standing or kneeling). So long as you make contact with her before that, you get her bonus. If you plan on shooting at her, shoot at the backpack, and only one shot if possible (or one quick tap of the heavymachine gun which releases 4 salvos).

Once she has been shot, her backpack will spill bonus items roughly once every two seconds. Max value per item is normally 1000 pts.

EXP

n00b
I think the hardest should be the MS5 final boss. Damn bloody hard.

But I can get a 8 digits high score for MS5. :D

twalden

Leona's Therapist
20 Year Member
EXP said:
I think the hardest should be the MS5 final boss. Damn bloody hard.

But I can get a 8 digits high score for MS5. :D

10 million in Slug 5? I don't think that is even possible. If it is, please share how to do it. I can 1 credit the game and have trouble getting 2 million.