Hardest KOF boss

Evan

Fio's Quartermaster
I was wondering what do you guys think the hardest KOF boss is?:scratch:

Yamazaki

Baseball Star Hitter
15 Year Member
Can't remember well but Igniz was pure bullshit.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I never could beat the boss at the end of XI on PS2.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
Although not much of a challenge now considering the level of "wtf-was-that?!-attacks" performed by the bosses that followed, but I still remember Geonitz on max difficulty being a gigantic leap above anything that Rugal could pull off in kof 94 and 95.

Runner up: Rugal in kof 94 felt like his ai was pulled directly out of Art of Fighting 2.

All the bosses that followed, including Igniz, had crazy attacks but also had ai that could be exploited in some way to achieve victory. Rugal in 94 reminded me of the input reading ai tactics employed by early fighters.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
rugal kof 95. i think i've only beaten him twice on normal difficulty.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
KOF XI. Ignitz at least didn't fill the room with projectiles going every which way and if you got close threw up a pink plasma shield to remind you this isn't supposed to be a fair fight. Ignitz just had the touch of death B.S. At least coming up with a strategy was easier. Not easy to execute, but easier to come up with.

WoodyXP

Setsuna's Owl Keeper,
15 Year Member
I was wondering what do you guys think the hardest KOF boss is?:scratch:

Goenitz was the hardest for me. I have him figured out now, but back in the day he'd give me nightmares.

Koko desuka? *cheapshot* Soko desu ka! *cheapshot* Dou desu ka? *cheapshot* Koko desuka? *cheapshot*

Goenitz wins

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Magaki in KOF XI was just absurd. It was like the bullet hell version of a fighting game.

Beyond that, I always had a hard time with any pre-03 KOF Boss, sans Orochi, and Geese in AOF2.

Ip Man

15 Year Member
Geese in AOF2.

i picked rugal 95 as the hardest kof boss. but as for the hardest boss ever in any series, i would have to say geese in art of fighting 2. at least with rugal, i could beat him on easy difficulty.

DracoBlade

Cham Cham's Banana
I never could beat the boss at the end of XI on PS2.

Yep fuck Magaki with his impossible to dodge spirit bomb attacks. Bastard is broken even for SNK tier. Honestly don't know what happened between 2003 and XI in terms of boss balancing.

Last edited:

NeoGeoFanatic

Neo Geo Cup '98
Saiki was probably one of the cheapest ones.

Thank goodness for the "reduce opponents energy by half" option after you lose... he-he

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
Saiki was probably one of the cheapest ones.

Thank goodness for the "reduce opponents energy by half" option after you lose... he-he

Take Yuri do HCB+K Over and Over. Free win. No matter the difficulty.

Yep fuck Magaki with his impossible to dodge spirit bomb attacks. Bastard is broken even for SNK tier. Honestly don't know what happened been 2003 and XI in terms of boss balancing.

The 3 Foot Midget with a serious inferiority complex who programmed all the classic SNK titles came back with a vengeance (Came from a rant when I was trying to beat AOF1 and it takes 4 hits to kill you, no matter if they are jabs. I was in rare form that night.).

Last edited:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Omega Rugal '95 is my favorite and hardest boss. Geese Neowave is the cheapness too, such a shame such an awesome comeback was succumbed to obscurity.

Ip Man

15 Year Member
Krizalid isnt hard by any means but hes the coolest KOF boss for sure

i may have to agree. never really thought about what my favourite kof boss was. but krizalid is cool and i did always enjoy his level. he was also good to play with when i unlocked him on the dreamcast port of kof 99.

kof99-stage-krizalid2-animate.gif

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
KOF '99 Evolution DC Krizalid Striker is the super cheese! That game had that hookup to the NGPC with KOF Battle De Paradise and it gave you some extra striker characters. They all ended up in 2000 anyway but it's a cool little dodats.

Ip Man

15 Year Member
KOF '99 Evolution DC Krizalid Striker is the super cheese! That game had that hookup to the NGPC with KOF Battle De Paradise and it gave you some extra striker characters. They all ended up in 2000 anyway but it's a cool little dodats.

hey eg. i had that hook up wire, but never used it once. i think i bought it to down load mini games on to the vmu. need to look for it, it still might be around some where. but i don't think i ever used krizalid as a striker. he does play well as a character. i like his move set.

i know it's a little late, but welcome back.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Thx Bogard. We should play some Fatal Fury Special sometime.

Ip Man

15 Year Member
Thx Bogard. We should play some Fatal Fury Special sometime.

yeah definitely, dude. aj is still waiting for my invitation for some rounds on fightcade. once i go back to my normal hours at work and not have to go bed so early, will be on board with you guys. still looking forward to the whole skype thing as well.

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
When i would use krizalid on the dc port he was so cheap, once you got that in that command grab you can just infinite them to death lol

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
Although not much of a challenge now considering the level of "wtf-was-that?!-attacks" performed by the bosses that followed, but I still remember Geonitz on max difficulty being a gigantic leap above anything that Rugal could pull off in kof 94 and 95.

Runner up: Rugal in kof 94 felt like his ai was pulled directly out of Art of Fighting 2.

All the bosses that followed, including Igniz, had crazy attacks but also had ai that could be exploited in some way to achieve victory. Rugal in 94 reminded me of the input reading ai tactics employed by early fighters.
I would say Rugal in '94 is one of the hardest (especially on MVS 4 or harder difficulty settings). He can react to any attack you try to do him (he had cheap special moves, but he wasn't cheap in the same way later bosses were, where they had one or two super-powerful moves that they just used all the time). For example, if jump in on him, you will always lose, as he will hit you with his genocide cutter. If you get in close, he will grab you. If you throw fireballs, he will just reflect them with the dark barrier move. All you can really do to win is try to block his attacks, and attack him on the way down. Or try to sweep him from a distance. Usually I find I have to keep playing matches against him, until I get enough lucky breaks in one match. And I try not to lose energy (for any of the three characters I'm playing as), in the first round, where you fight the weak version of Rugal.
Goenitz is tougher than Rugal, but there are tricks to beat him.

Last edited:

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I found them all stupidly hard but then I'm a pretty casual gamer anyway. Goenitz was coolest though. Ignitz was total fucking bullshit, Zero was cool but he was also bs. For the Rugals... well '95 was insanity though 98 and especially 2002 were brutal.