Hardest game to beat

Robert

20 Year Member
ART OF FIGHTING 2 all the way!!

I have never seen such an hard fighting game, never. Can't even play against more than 6 characters.

For me:

Any fighter
Viewpoint (in 1P, go back continue mode)
Pulstar (maybe, but I think I could hack it if I really tried)

Everything else i've played on NEO is relatively easy.

Hidden Character

Leader of The Hyperstone Heist,
20 Year Member
AOF 2--(I thought 19 responses on a thread just on how to beat Eiji alone.)
WH2
MS3

Halox

Belnar Institute Student
AOF1
AOF2
KoF '01 (the biggest pain in the ass in history) Not one, but two cheap ass bosses.

phlyblnt

n00b
In just about any fighting the boss is as cheap as hell, it usually takes as long to beat him as it does to get to him. :mad:

helfuri

Crazed MVS Addict
Damn Rugal and his cheating shit, but Zero was a cheater too. And Art of Fighting was hard. Ah yes, I can remember the lumpy bruised face now.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
definately AOF2
nam 75: Is pretty easy until the last guy, but if you press start on controller #2 you can continue one extra time.

i don't know why but i find rage of the dragons to be very hard. i still cannot beat johan or whatever hisname is. i am sure there is a easy way to beat him, but i have not found it.

also if ninja combat had 3 credits like most other neo games it would be impossible for sure.

Himuragames

Crossed Swords Squire
He sucked

He (johan) was a bitch to beat (I still didn't) :eek: The rest of the game wasn't so hard.

greedostick said:
definately AOF2
nam 75: Is pretty easy until the last guy, but if you press start on controller #2 you can continue one extra time.

i don't know why but i find rage of the dragons to be very hard. i still cannot beat johan or whatever hisname is. i am sure there is a easy way to beat him, but i have not found it.

also if ninja combat had 3 credits like most other neo games it would be impossible for sure.

laurie

Zero's Tailor
greedostick said:
definately AOF2

Rotd last boss was a major pain for me then a couple of peeps gave me some of the best tips ever for killing him. This was back when the home cart came out and now I have the mvs cart I cant quite remember how to get the bastard.
It was pretty cheap with lots of cross ups. :mad_2:

I would say:

Galaxy Fight
Viewpoint
Pulstar

Pulstar is so damn hard it almost makes me cry :crying:. Is it the MVS version that lets you continue right where you die? Cause the CD version is killing me!

Himuragames

Crossed Swords Squire
What do you think of Stakes Winner

I just bought Stakes Winner and played it. I won most of the races, but never get a perfect :oh_no:

Do anyone get a perfect on this game? :loco:

moonwhistle

Tung's Hair Stylist
Savage Reign

AOF 2: To this day I still can't finish the game on any setting, I can waltz through all the characters exept for the last boss. He beats me every time, the onlt thing that I can hit him with are throws and the occasional fireball, but it's not enough.

KOF 94: I finished it for the first time last night. Rugal was being impossible as always. The trick is never jump at him becuase his genocide cutter is simply to powerful to contend with.

I beat him by merely keeping my distance and using fireballs, jumping his over his reversals and using the strong sweep any time he comes near me or misses with something. Eventually the time ran out and I won. :)

ClassicMode1985

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
AOF2...whenever see Geese...I thank god he lost all those tricks when they stuck with Fatal Fury style of Geese

AOF1...Mr. Karate is a cheap son of a bitch

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
1) Pulstar
2) Art of Fighting 2
3) Viewpoint

SSS

neo retired
Not the hardest, but at least up there with Pulstar: Last Resort.

krautcroissant

Living it LARGE!,
AOF 2 is brick!! It took me a while!!
Pullstar is also brick. How are you supposed to evade all the shots....
I always thought I was good at shooters...then came viewpoint as well..

god, I've got my viewpoint up for sale cause its just too damn frustrating.... :blow_top: :crying: :very_ang: :help: :crying:

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
ClassicMode1985 said:
AOF2...whenever see Geese...I thank god he lost all those tricks when they stuck with Fatal Fury style of Geese

AOF1...Mr. Karate is a cheap son of a bitch

Man, bad ass sig and av..

I would say AOF 2 also.
Simply because there are few people who get anywhere without being cheap.

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
galfordo said:
1) Pulstar
2) Art of Fighting 2
3) Viewpoint

Ditto.
Pulstar, very frustrating game.
Maybe BBH can let us know how he got that million on it?

Cnidarian

Over Top Auto Mechanic
Guardian Hero said:
(...)

Pulstar is so damn hard it almost makes me cry :crying:. Is it the MVS version that lets you continue right where you die? Cause the CD version is killing me!

Nope.

There's no feature for continuing where you died in the MVS/home system ver.

That's what makes it so tough: having to clear each level perfectly without getting hit once...

(Which is really bad when you lose all your power-ups right before taking on a boss. :mad: )

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
has anyone said Matrimelee yet?

that game is so incredibly easy until you get to princess sissy. she's pretty rough.

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
greedostick said:
has anyone said Matrimelee yet?

that game is so incredibly easy until you get to princess sissy. she's pretty rough.

I hate the damn frog.

abasuto

Orgy Hosting Mod
15 Year Member
AOF2, I still can't beat Eiji :mad:

And for bonus points, hardest game I've ever beatin is Ghost n' Goblins on the NES. That sound effect it made once you died and your body was turning into the broken skeleton still huants my dreams to this day. :(

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
Abasuto said:
And for bonus points, hardest game I've ever beatin is Ghost n' Goblins on the NES. That sound effect it made once you died and your body was turning into the broken skeleton still huants my dreams to this day. :(

Yeah, that one was pretty fucking brutal - me and my cousin used to play that one for like entire days at a time. The worst part about that one was that if you didn't get to the devil with the cross shields, they made you do the whole thing over again. I just about had a heart attack when I realized that ... :crying: