Hardcore Metal Fans Get Your Ass In Here!!

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
I’ve still got my Thousand Lakes long sleeve from mid 90’s. I love that Finnish DM sound.

YES

I just started listening to the new Alterbeast - digging it so far

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Any concerts/festivals you metalheads have coming up?

Sabbat (JP) are touring Aus for the first time next month. I won’t be missing Japanese Venom!

And Blasphemy are playing in Tasmania in June. Hoping they tour nationally otherwise I’ll be flying down.

Last edited:

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
Sabbat (JP) are touring Aus for the first time next month. I won’t be missing Japanese Venom!

And Blasphemy are playing in Tasmania in June. Hoping they tour nationally otherwise I’ll be flying down.

Very nice that you guys can enjoy Sabbat over there. Along with SIGH, probably my favorite Japanese extreme metal bands.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Very nice that you guys can enjoy Sabbat over there. Along with SIGH, probably my favorite Japanese extreme metal bands.

Yeah, I'm really looking forward to it, should be a great gig.

Sigh are excellent, but I'm only really familiar with Scorn Defeat. Need to listen to their other output.

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
Sigh are excellent, but I'm only really familiar with Scorn Defeat. Need to listen to their other output.

Likely their bets, because it's the rawest of their albums. Not that the rest are very polished, especially the ones made in the 90's. In the 2000's they became more melodic IMO, but still sound very well. Hangman's Hymn is a nice recent album IMO.

LadyVamp

Camel Slug
Yes, yes, YES, this thread <3

I have a custom tattoo on my arm I drew of Snow White with King Diamond's facepaint.

Anyway, been thinking of how long it has been since I have listened to Burzum. I have to get back in to that. Good shit.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
What albums would you suggest to listen to? Also, where can I purchase them?

Yeah, just check them out on YT. Their catalogue is massive! In terms of where you can buy their albums? Distributors in your country, eBay, Discogs, MA forums, NWN forums, gigs... I dunno man, have you never bought music before?

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Yes, yes, YES, this thread <3

I have a custom tattoo on my arm I drew of Snow White with King Diamond's facepaint.

Anyway, been thinking of how long it has been since I have listened to Burzum. I have to get back in to that. Good shit.

Show us your tattoo!

Burzum is eternal.

Varg has turned into a massive meme but he’s hilarious and intelligent. I can’t take what he says seriously but he’s certainly interesting.

Hvis Lyset Tar Oss - If the Light Takes Us

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
Show us your tattoo!

Burzum is eternal.

Varg has turned into a massive meme but he’s hilarious and intelligent. I can’t take what he says seriously but he’s certainly interesting.

Hvis Lyset Tar Oss - If the Light Takes Us

O Varg...

LadyVamp

Camel Slug
I draw in my spare time, so, I redrew an actual picture of Snow White, changed the colors, and added King Diamond's make up. I included a picture of it with my Disney pillow (I only care about Snow White tbh) so people can see it's on my arm, not just lifted from the internet that could be anyone's arm, and the close up is the day I got it done (last year).

I am getting more, got ideas floating in my head, just have to draw them.

Attachments

• 22221720_10159225264790315_5850345192283743966_n.jpg
    22221720_10159225264790315_5850345192283743966_n.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_4472[337].JPG
    IMG_4472[337].JPG
    226.3 KB · Views: 49

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Very cool! Don’t Break the Oath is a classic!

Post up some vids when you’ve got time of what you’re currently listening to.

Blood Stronghold - Australian / Polish alliance!

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
At the In This Moment concert right now. Hollywood Undead is about to come out, then the headliner. Openers were Ded and The World Alive. Pretty mediocre.

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
At the In This Moment concert right now. Hollywood Undead is about to come out, then the headliner. Openers were Ded and The World Alive. Pretty mediocre.

In this moment is good as long as Maria is not lip sinking. Saw them twice, when they headlined and when they opened for FFDP. When they opened, let's just say she phoned it in.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
In This Moment was good. Definitely not lip syncing either, as Maria Brink stopped a song right in the middle of a verse to break up a fight about 15 feet from the stage. She had them hit the house lights and pointed them out to security. I guess one of them was choking the other. Maria was pissed.

Could have done without the rest of the show, though. Hollywood Undead is a very strange choice to open for In This Moment. Never heard of them before I bought tickets to this show. They remind me of the Beastie Boys except with instruments. Wouldn't see again. But they did do a Johnny Cash medley in the middle of their set. That came outnof nowhere.

As for metal, I think In This Moment qualifies. I'd call it something in between goth metal and alternative metal.

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
I thought her show was good. She is sexy on stage for sure. It's also as close to metal as my wife will listen too so I can't complain.