Halo 5: Guardians

TheBigBB

Formerly known as dmhawkmoon
I love the Halo franchise. I've spent the past two months playing The Master Chief Collection every night. I don't care what the haters say, I've had a blast trying to earn every achievement and post good scores to the leaderboards.

My love for the series is tied to this forum because back when Halo 2 launched, we used to have matches all night with just NG.com members. Did anyone who still posts here participate in any of that? Probably the best time I ever had with anyone on here, not that I've been around a lot.

Anyway, Halo 5 is coming out soon. Is anyone excited?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=di7y5Oi0Ac8

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
lol halo
jumped that shitship after 3
i always forget halo 4 actually exists.

mmsadda

Just buy my shit. Seriously. You can call me Susan
10 Year Member
People still get excited about Halo?

I enjoyed the first two (good memories of LAN parties for the second) but have always felt the big-name FPS games were overrated... Goldeneye, Halo, Call of Duty, etc... all good games, but none are great. FPS games peaked somewhere between Quake 1 and 3.

TheBigBB

People still get excited about Halo?

I enjoyed the first two (good memories of LAN parties for the second) but have always felt the big-name FPS games were overrated... Goldeneye, Halo, Call of Duty, etc... all good games, but none are great. FPS games peaked somewhere between Quake 1 and 3.

I'm into the series more for the campaign and co-op. I don't think Halo games are really worth playing just for PVP, and my best PVP memories are still from Halo 2 and even Quake 1. Once you play the Halo campaigns enough where you're playing on max difficulty for score or time, you realize that every Halo game has done a great job of differentiating the levels. What you need to do on each level is vastly different. Playing on normal and just blowing through once won't do it, and I understand that.

I like that each enemy type is clearly defined in its abilities and weaknesses, and that each weapon has a specific use. On high difficulty levels, which weapons you use for each part is strategic well beyond simply headshots vs. close range. With the skulls, you can alter the gameplay a great deal, as well, making the game potentially almost impossible. There is almost no limit to the difficulty, so it doesn't get boring to me. The game also responds really well to unexpected things happening. For example, on the second mission in Halo 1, you're supposed to save some marines. If you don't feel like saving them, you can just purposely get them killed and move on. The game doesn't hold your hand and penalize you like a baby. You just kill the marines and move on. Cortana has a special dialogue that goes with it. That's par for the course. I like that kind of nuance.

However, this is Neo-Geo.com, so everyone can feel free to troll away. I'm fine with it. :)

herb

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
Halo has been a joke since after Halo 3. All that jetpack shit ruined the game.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
I'm not even trolling, I played Halo on Legendary the first time I played with a friend, we beat it. I skipped Halo 2. Played Halo 3 and when I beat it, I was a disappoint. Also, 3 was the game the RROD my 360 and my brother's on the same day, I literally had bought the game that day and it happened. Didn't care for Bungie after that.

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
Another nope here aswell. I thoroughly enjoyed the series up to Halo 4 (skipped the spinoffs). I've had my fill, I'm done with the series. But really that's how I feel about military fps games in general...be they present, future, or past.

I suppose that's why I'm eager for Doom. I haven't shot a demon in the face in forever and a day.

TheBigBB

I don't care if people don't like Halo, but you have to realize that Halo 3 came out eight years ago. There have been three installments of the series since then. ODST and Reach aren't spin-off games. Of course you're not excited for Halo 5 if you didn't play any of them for the past 8 years. Nobody in their right mind would be.

fps on console is shit anyway.

Part 1 and 2 got a PC release.

Last edited:

outlaw_moon

Marked Wolf
I get excited about Halo, although less and less with recent entries. I'll never forget the amount of fun I had with the first 2 games. That counts for something in my book.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
Halo 1 was a great game. Lots of good memories with friends in co-op and MP.

Halo 2 was garbage, and Halo 3 wasn't much better.

I liked the story in ODST, and Reach gave me hope that the series was going to be good again. When the re-done Halo 1 came out, I was all about it. Firefight (?) with nothing but Halo 1 pistols and grunts was a great way to kill a few hours. Headshots for days.

Halo 4 seemed like more of the same. Halo 5 looks like just another futuristic FPS with nothing to differentiate it from the OTHER futuristic FPS' that are coming out/have come out.

That being said, I hope Halo 5 is everything you hope it will be. I'll pass, tho.

ahcmetal

Super Spy Agent
10 Year Member
Excited for Halo 5...nope.

I watched the E3 trailer...and wasn't impressed.

Overall I think they havent matched or surpassed the amazing atmosphere of Halo 1. The others have had good sections...but the Halo 1 gameplay was sharp and simple, no extra bullshit.

TheBigBB

Excited for Halo 5...nope.

I watched the E3 trailer...and wasn't impressed.

Overall I think they havent matched or surpassed the amazing atmosphere of Halo 1. The others have had good sections...but the Halo 1 gameplay was sharp and simple, no extra bullshit.

I like Halo 1, but the level design leaves something to be desired. The plasma pistol is overpowered, as well. There isn't much reason to use anything other than a plasma pistol or shotgun for most of the game. I don't think they've changed too much over the course of 6 games though. They either add nothing and people call it a rehash, or they add too much and people complain about it being too different. I feel like Halo's done a good job with having a happy medium. I mean all of of Halo 4 can be played through with nothing but the same weapons and vehicles from part 1, if you want. Even the final mission that's taking place in a Forerunner station has a room where you can pick up any weapon you want, in case you really don't like the new weapons. The only thing that's really gone downhill is PVP, but in 5 they're supposedly bringing back larger team battles. I thought the big team battle in Halo 2 was the best because it made it less likely that your entire team would wind up being hopeless noobs.

Last edited:

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member
I'm really looking forward to Halo 5 after everything I've seen so far. The changes/additions to both the SP and MP seem like they're going to add a lot of fun to the core gameplay. Sadly, I missed out on the Halo 5 beta due to being out of the country at the time, so I hope they hold another beta before release.

Archdesigner03

Camel Slug
10 Year Member
I'm not even trolling, I played Halo on Legendary the first time I played with a friend, we beat it. I skipped Halo 2. Played Halo 3 and when I beat it, I was a disappoint. Also, 3 was the game the RROD my 360 and my brother's on the same day, I literally had bought the game that day and it happened. Didn't care for Bungie after that.

Beating the game co-op on legendary is easy. Try beating it solo.

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
I'm kind of hoping it gets bad reviews, so I don't have to get an XBOne :)

I really like the series, mostly the campaigns though. Listening to American teenagers scream 'Faggot!' isn't really my idea of fun.

TheBigBB

I really like the series, mostly the campaigns though. Listening to American teenagers scream 'Faggot!' isn't really my idea of fun.

I don't like multiplayer with random people either. I mostly play the campaigns.

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member
Beating the game co-op on legendary is easy. Try beating it solo.

All the Halo games were easy to complete on Legendary while solo. The only exception is Halo 2, since the AI's aim feels unfairly good and shields drop way too fast. I have yet to solo Halo 2 on Legendary actually. I gave up on it back in the day, but I'm working my way through it again now with the MCC.

Listening to American teenagers scream 'Faggot!' isn't really my idea of fun.

That hasn't been a major issue ever since they introduced party chat on the 360, at least from my experience. Sure, sometimes you'll get a hate message if you're too good, but those are rare. Regardless, it's very easy to mute people anyway; connect your headset to your controller, turn the volume down on it, and then just toss it aside. Problem solved.

Last edited:

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member

One positive things about playing Wii U games online is not having to deal with that shit.

alsmoneo

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Excited and waiting for Halo 5. Been also following Hunt the Truth vlog. Started playing the entire series since January with my nephew and will need to agree with some. 1 was great.. 2 was crap... 3 is so so....liked ODST and Reach ( too short). Halo 4 not sure why they added the flight section at the end. But I like halo because of the lore and overall storey. I guess you can call me a fanboy.

TheBigBB

All the Halo games were easy to complete on Legendary while solo. The only exception is Halo 2, since the AI's aim feels unfairly good and shields drop way too fast. I have yet to solo Halo 2 on Legendary actually. I gave up on it back in the day, but I'm working my way through it again now with the MCC.

I wouldn't say legendary is easy. It's a good level of difficulty. However, legendary with all skulls on, now that's brutal as hell. I only did one level with that, and I don't think I want to do more.

Danthor

NAM-75 Vet
One positive things about playing Wii U games online is not having to deal with that shit.

That's my favorite thing -about- Wii U games online.

Also, Halo 5 is totally off the radar for me. It's been way too spotty a series. Loved 1, 2, and Reach. 3 was a letdoown, ODST was boring, though not as boring as 4, though.

Last edited:

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member
I wouldn't say legendary is easy. It's a good level of difficulty. However, legendary with all skulls on, now that's brutal as hell. I only did one level with that, and I don't think I want to do more.

I suppose I can agree with that. And yeah, I don't really use the skulls much. Some of them aren't too bad though, like famine, blind, and black eye.