Halo 2 $35 @ Circuit City this week

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
Prince of Persia: Warrior Within is $35 too. H2 is $40 @ Best Buy, not quite as good. Just FYI, to anyone who didn't buy it yet (which is probably almost no one here who was already planning on getting it, though I held off until now). :)

Frame Gride 2

Robert Garcia's Butler
I wouldnt even pay $35 for this turd.. Half life 2 was a much better purchase for me.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
I bought it yesterday for 50 bucks. :mad:

What a n00b. :kekeke:

DangerousK

MotoGP and Formula 1 Freak
20 Year Member
Snooptalian said:
Turd??? What world do you live in? :eek:

Some people I think hyped this game up to such a level it was never going to meet their own expectations. Sucks for them, I find it to be rather enjoyable and $35 is a great price to get this for.

pyrokilla

Vice's grappling partner...naked,
I can't belive I wasted a blank DVD for this turd :annoyed:

Buro Destruct

Formerly known as, Buro Destruct, , Southtown Stre
Looks like they finally decided to give a $15 discount to make up for no ending.

RAINBOW PONY

DASH DARK ANDY K,
20 Year Member
Frame Gride 2 said:
I wouldnt even pay $35 for this turd.. Half life 2 was a much better purchase for me.

if you're talking about Halo 2, you obviously never played it, it's worth every penny of the 55 i paid for it (LE version) as well as my live membership for the online play.

Frame Gride 2

Robert Garcia's Butler
DashK said:
if you're talking about Halo 2, you obviously never played it, it's worth every penny of the 55 i paid for it (LE version) as well as my live membership for the online play.

Heh I actually beat the game and I dont see why other people like it.. stacked up against other FPS its just average and every site out there gave it a 9.5 or above. It didnt deserve the hype or the praise because its very tedious going through the same levels and environments over and over again. I felt like it was a chore to beat the game rather than enjoy it.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
I actually just got into playing Halo 2, and I must admit I find it to be pretty fun. Sure, there was a shitton of hype, and the expectations for this game were outrageous, but if you forget all the bullshit and just play it as a normal game you'll probably have a good time with it.

I was a little upset with what they've done to the pistol (essentially making it useless), but other than that I thought the game has been significantly improved. And I haven't even tried the online play yet.

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,
Halo 2 online: roxxors.

Halo 2 single player/ending: el caca de queso.

That is all.

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
I thought it noteworthy that Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap, The is coming out on Wenesday, and Circuit City is pricing it at $22.99, a total steal, and if you can pricematch at other stores, which I intend to do, you can get it for close to 66% of its full MSRP.

Chicago Cheeseburgler Crew

BANNED , Banned , Here's why
10 Year Member
galfordo said:
I was a little upset with what they've done to the pistol (essentially making it useless).

When dual wielded the pistol/SMG or pistol/plasma rifle combos are the most deadly forces in the game. The pistol/pistol combo is pretty evil too. In many ways the pistol is still a broken weapon.

It's impossible play to any effective degree on Live if you don't know how to use the pistol.

Freelancer

Banned
galfordo said:
I actually just got into playing Halo 2, and I must admit I find it to be pretty fun. Sure, there was a shitton of hype, and the expectations for this game were outrageous, but if you forget all the bullshit and just play it as a normal game you'll probably have a good time with it.

I was a little upset with what they've done to the pistol (essentially making it useless), but other than that I thought the game has been significantly improved. And I haven't even tried the online play yet.

I found myself really appreciating the game my second time through and on Heroic or Legendary. The enemy AI is much improved which really forces you to rethink your approach and memorize the level layout better.

And yes, I too wished that the weapons (pistol in particular) hadn't gone through such drastic changes. I'm not a huge fan of the sword, though it does come in handy in the later stages.

Loefye

Lt. Laser,
Frame Gride 2 said:

I agree. The single player aspect of the game was such a let down; total garbage compared to the first not to mention the online matchmaking system sucks.