Gunlord Snap Cases

Capt. Lurker

There's a post count?What the fuck isThat All abou
Is it just me, or is there a future SNK lawsuit on the way? If these are indeed repro snap cases, then did the all famous, honest David G get exclusive rights from SNK to repro these?

Just saying... :rolleyes:

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Those new/repro snaps look really good. I know its DGE, but why add the SNK logo? They should've left that blank to make it easier to distinguish between NOS/original cases and the repros...

Think about that carefully. And think about the future. I'm just sayin.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
p9mi8.jpg

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
If the SNK logo weren't there, people wouldn't have to worry about the insert getting nicked by the indentation.

Capt. Lurker

If the SNK logo weren't there, people wouldn't have to worry about the insert getting nicked by the indentation.

If the SNK logo were not there, David G & Co. wouldn't have to worry about a future patent or copyright infringement lawsuit.

Oopppss... did I say that too soon? :rolleyes:

Jonmkl

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
I also thought that the SNK logo inclusion was super weird, if these were custom then having them say NGDEV would have been much cooler, but perhaps DG was already well on his way to producing these (or at least claimed to be so) when NGDEV was looking for them? Perhaps he had the mold created already, for some.. purpose..

On a less terrifying note, I would love it if NGDEV made some of those sweet black custom placeholder cases in MVS size and started distributing their MVS releases in them, I dig those things.
Heck if someone started manufacturing something similar as an alternative to shock boxes I'd be all over that, I'd likely go ahead and clothe my now naked collection.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
The first intention of these cases was clearly to make counterfiet games on a larger scale. Whip up a batch of 100x Mark of the wolves and sell 20x a year over 5 years, that kind of thing... Make games that cost a lot but would not get the scrutiny of AF3 or PS2.

Be extra careful from now on when you buy a pricey cart people.

Last edited:

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
Yeah... We all know why the SNK logo is there... :/

Thanks shroom for the pics and the write up.

MCF 76

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
The first intention of these cases was clearly to make counterfiet games on a larger scale. Whip up a batch of 100x Mark of the wolves and sell 20x a year over 5 years, that kind of thing... Make games that cost a lot but would not get the scrutiny of AF3 or PS2.

I wouldn't touch a rare AES game now, heck for that matter some of the lesser commons are something to be avoided. Pretty bad to need history, board pic's and artwork maginficaton to buy Burning Fight and Top Hunter. :oh_no:

Nick Goracke

I'm still around!?,
http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?236191-The-Reveal&p=3396968&viewfull=1#post3396968

DavidG said:
NG Dev - Gunlord AES
To all the people who pre-ordered the NG Dev’s Gunlord AES. This has been delayed several times now due to the pending deal for the AES snaplocks and cases. I’m sorry for the delay but there have been several delays beyond my control. The cases will get here and moving forward you will not see any more delays for parts on this side. The cases and shells are 100% SNK stock.

It's possible these were pre-release cases and shells. Regardless, people should know apples-to-oranges comparisons against cases and shells from games of the same time period do not apply.

theMot

10 Year Member
Well Nick if DavidG said it then it must be true lol

Capt. Lurker

Well Nick if DavidG said it then it must be true lol

Well of course David G. is 100% legit.. err wait is it Jason? Oh well, everyone should trust him; them, errr... whatever! :rolleyes:

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
My Jockey Grand Prix was in a tattered vinyl case, should I be upset?

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?236191-The-Reveal&p=3396968&viewfull=1#post3396968

It's possible these were pre-release cases and shells. Regardless, people should know apples-to-oranges comparisons against cases and shells from games of the same time period do not apply.

Probably about as possible as the DavidG NGH Power Spikes II being a legit pre-release.

My Jockey Grand Prix was in a tattered vinyl case, should I be upset?

Maybe David could offer some kind of authentication service plus case upgrade for JGP owners. I am thinking $299 plus shipping both ways would be fair.

Last edited:

Bar81

Note to self, Place interesting, Custom rank here.
20 Year Member

Absolutely. I just don't think he counted on being exposed so quickly; then he got a lucky break and found out that a company actually needs replacement cases. I'm just not sure if ng.dev are retarded enough to believe that these are legit cases or just don't give a fuck.

Capt. Lurker

I'm just not sure if ng.dev are retarded enough to believe that these are legit cases or just don't give a fuck.

I wouldn't say they're retarded, more like; ignorant or naïve at the least.

And yes, they probably don't give a fuck at this point; having to wait as long as they have, not to mention the bad business this whole debacle has brought them.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Got my JP one couple days ago, looks good.

As for the story behind the snaps, this is my side of the story long before the reveal.

NGDEV as you know didn't want to sac any more AES carts to make new AES releases. They found out through some channels that there was an SNK "source". NGDEV contacted "the source" to see if he could possibly get AES shells and snaps. When the source confirmed that he could NGDEV was happy that they will now be able to have new AES releases without saccing any carts. The source then located a warehouse in Japan through old contacts that housed the remaining stock of SNK snaps. The source then needed the funds to pay for said snaps to be shipped to his location. That is when the source decided to sell some "pre-production" AES games at the tune of $8k each as that is all he needed to secure the snaps. You guys know the rest.

That's all that I was told back then before everything hit the fan. I honestly don't care if these are repops or genuine, it's a brand new snaplock and it's fucking nice. I'd rather have a source for snaps and shells for future Neo games than people saccing AES carts to make newer games. Doing it the old way isn't really adding to the Neo geo game count but instead reducing the amount of original neo geo games out there.

theMot

10 Year Member
That's all that I was told back then before everything hit the fan. I honestly don't care if these are repops or genuine, it's a brand new snaplock and it's fucking nice. I'd rather have a source for snaps and shells for future Neo games than people saccing AES carts to make newer games. Doing it the old way isn't really adding to the Neo geo game count but instead reducing the amount of original neo geo games out there.

Agreed, there is nothing wrong with the new snaps, They look great. It would be good if they were made available to buy like shock boxes.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
Agreed, there is nothing wrong with the new snaps, They look great. It would be good if they were made available to buy like shock boxes.

If they are fakes, which looks likely, then it's much easier to slap a fake game from start to finish in them and sell them one by one on ebay than it would be to stick a hundred of the shells alone up for sale and attract SNK's attention for sure. So I doubt we'll be seeing them up for sale anytime soon.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
I'm sure that eventually all of those snapcases will end up on ebay.