Gundam/mech model kits!

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
I only ever saw gundam wing on cartoon network? doesn't anybody have any? there are no pics! maybe I dig my little kampher out. his weapons sren't finished totterho.

Last edited:

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
any links to galleries? I like seeing really well-made gunpla.

sajesak

Volleyball Archeologist
Its been a few years since I've built one. It can be very relaxing. Put some good music on, or a show, and just model away. There are a few things to note before getting started. With Gundams, there are different grades, and those grades reference build quality, and level of skill.

High grade - standard build. Easy to put together, but models don't look as nice, and aren't able to be posed as much.

Master grade - usually bigger size. armor is built on top of a skeleton frame usually. Harder to build, but they look better and allow for more poses, and what not.

Real grade - Newest build type for gundams (only a few years old actually ) Basically these are the build type of a MG, but the size of a HG

Perfect grade - The end all be all. Usually these models cost hundreds of dollars, and can be massive in size. I have yet to build one. Def don't start with this one.

(deeper explanation of the grades. Gundam Kits Australia)

You also wanna get yourself a good pair of nipper to remove the pieces from the plastic runners. Panel line markers are also a quick way to make your model "pop"
So just recently I managed to find a Mobile Suit Gundam RX-78 kit from 1983. It is long OOP from what I can tell, and still new on sprue - some parts are even still in their bags. I know Gundam kits go for a lot of money out there; I've bought more than a few myself in the past. My question is whether or not this is worth anything.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
So just recently I managed to find a Mobile Suit Gundam RX-78 kit from 1983. It is long OOP from what I can tell, and still new on sprue - some parts are even still in their bags. I know Gundam kits go for a lot of money out there; I've bought more than a few myself in the past. My question is whether or not this is worth anything.
No way to tell without seeing it. Hard to tell even with seeing it. Some of those classic kits get reissued in the classic packaging. But I would imagine if any of it is opened out of the bags, it's probably not worth much.