Gun Lord - Another new game by NG:DEV Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeoGeoNinja

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
Is the post only as good as the packaging though?

I mean, I (finally) received my Gunlord posters as part of my 'reasonably expensive' Dragon Box (DC) - only to find they were sent in a really meek, square sided long-box (as opposed to a poster tube). On the one hand, NGDEV saved money on shipping (tubes are heavy) but on the flip side, for my extra money/loyalty to the product I got 3x painfully crushed and unpresentable posters (bin worthy!) all because the packaging wasn't suitable.

If they elected to use a tube (at their expense no doubt) the posters would have arrived safe, well and remained as beautiful as the artwork that adorns them.

It's all about effective packaging.

As for losing parcels in transit though...

BRANDI

Franco's Trainer
20 Year Member
Meaning 30% won't get their games at all, 30% will get a package that has been thoroughly raped and 40% will actually get the playable game :D
Insured and trackable shipping is mandatory for a 400+ euro game

Definitely hope they'll use a fast and safe shipment mode (express courier) :eye::eye:

LegoSlug

Over Top Auto Mechanic

I mean, I (finally) received my Gunlord posters as part of my 'reasonably expensive' Dragon Box (DC) - only to find they were sent in a really meek, square sided long-box (as opposed to a poster tube). On the one hand, NGDEV saved money on shipping (tubes are heavy) but on the flip side, for my extra money/loyalty to the product I got 3x painfully crushed and unpresentable posters (bin worthy!) all because the packaging wasn't suitable.

If they elected to use a tube (at their expense no doubt) the posters would have arrived safe, well and remained as beautiful as the artwork that adorns them.

That sucks, hopefully they can send you a new poster?

NG:DEV.TEAM

Marked Wolf

Sorry to hear that. Why didn't you contact us last year with this? We had around 10 incidents like that and we shipped replacements to them.

The reason we didn't use rolls, is that shipping is 32-40 EUR for them. They are a few centimeters to long, we would have to saw them by hand. It was quite a nightmare to ship those poster for both customers and us I guess. We won't ever sell large posters again ourselves.

NeoGeoNinja

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
Sorry to hear that. Why didn't you contact us last year with this? We had around 10 incidents like that and we shipped replacements to them.

The reason we didn't use rolls, is that shipping is 32-40 EUR for them. They are a few centimeters to long, we would have to saw them by hand. It was quite a nightmare to ship those poster for both customers and us I guess. We won't ever sell large posters again ourselves.

Like I said, I presumed tubes weren't used because of the cost/weight - and in the end - if (as you say) only 10 people were affected (11 inc. me?) then it was obviously worth the risk.

To be honest, I'd had the box put away for a while BUT I knew what was inside, so I felt no real need to open it until quite recently. The box was beat up a bit, but I really didn't expect the posters to be affected so badly by the damage.

If I'm honest, I didn't bother contacting you about it as I presumed this would have been a common issue and that you wouldn't have been interested in addressing it, in the grand scheme of things. But apparently, it appears I was wrong to assume so (seeing as you were good enough to issue replacements)...

DreamTR

Kuroko's Training Dummy
I hope my Gunlord ships without issue. I don't even use the email address anymore that I registered/purchased it with.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Guess it pays to tip your mailman during the holidays. XD

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
Guess it pays to tip your mailman during the holidays. XD

I would suggest it if you get packages somewhat often. I give mine something little every december, card and a bottle of sparkling apple cider usually.

Stellaking

Witchsmeller Pursuivant
@NeoGeoNinja - I've got a set of the three A1 sized 'Dragon Box' posters plus a Last Hope Pink Bullets one you can have... if you want 'em.
(I picked some up for a NGDT Dreamcast comp & Lee @ VGI kindly sent me a few spares).

There's minor edge wear (about 3-4 mm) on 2 or 3, that said - I suspect the wear may not be noticeable if framed.

Edit: For free I meant ;)
(not as a sale solicitation).
Shoot me a DM if of interest.

Last edited:

RockstarRunner

Wind Jammin' All Night",
Gunlord seems to be for sale again, sort of ? 'The remaining stock will be made available for order in May'

NG:DEV.TEAM

Marked Wolf
http://t.co/bR2djj5BOT

Here is a first picture of the Gunlord AES sets that start shipping tomorrow.
Please take a look at the new custom made temporary AES storage box.
It will be shipped with several bonus items, such as additional posters *, a factory produced OST and stickers. These items are only included in the pre-orders and only as long as stock holds.

The temporary paper box will be shipped in a PVC OCD box for extra protection :)

*) the frames are not included.

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
Wow, those 'temporary boxes' are pretty nice, plus the extra posters is a nice bonus. That should help ease the pain somewhat. :)

Yamazaki

Baseball Star Hitter
15 Year Member
Awesome!

I bet in 1 -2 years people will pay stupid amounts of money to get these shells with he game instead of the hardcase shells..

Dr.NeoGeo

Mr. Big's Thug
20 Year Member
Awesome!

I bet in 1 -2 years people will pay stupid amounts of money to get these shells with he game instead of the hardcase shells..

Don't think so as they don't fit with the orginal cases and aren't really unique, but yea who knows. Too bad that these boxes doesn't have a golden Gunlord logo instead of the Neo:Dev Logo :( --> That would make them unique imo ...but I prefer the original snap-lock cases...

TikTekTak

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
In my oppinion it's really impressive that NGDEV wipped up such a nice temporary box in practically no time!

Very nice!

A free OST is also a very nice bonus!

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Don't think so as they don't fit with the orginal cases and aren't really unique, but yea who knows. Too bad that these boxes doesn't have a golden Gunlord logo instead of the Neo:Dev Logo :( --> That would make them unique imo ...but I prefer the original snap-lock cases...

Not unique? What are you talking about? Those are very professional looking boxes that are completely unique for this product. With the way people go crazy for manual baggies and the right color of bubble wrap for their MVS kits, you better believe these boxes will be highly collectible in the future. They're also going to be shipping out snap lock cases when they finally receive them. This is just a nice thing to protect the cart and display it on the shelf until they can complete their snap lock order. I think they look great.

Last edited:

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
Not unique? What are you talking about? Those are very professional looking boxes that are completely unique for this product. With the way people go crazy for manual baggies and the right color of bubble wrap for their MVS kits, you better believe these boxes will be highly collectible in the future. They're also going to be shipping out snap lock cases when they finally receive them. This is just a nice thing to protect the cart and display it on the shelf until they can complete their snap lock order. I think they look great.

Couldn't have said it any better. Those are not MVS kit boxes. They definitely put some effort into that.

distropia

SouthTown StreetSweeper
10 Year Member
Did you realized there's a reprint of MVS regular edition? or the AES hype blinded you all? ;)

Loefye

Lt. Laser,
Did you realized there's a reprint of MVS regular edition? or the AES hype blinded you all? ;)

Yes, and with glorious brown kit boxes. Like the original MVS kits. I pre-ordered all. :)

Plan to get the DC LE versions, for soundtrack, artwork and posters. Also so I can play them sooner... Half year is quite a bit to wait.

BTW, your old MotW still hasn't gotten any play. CMVS still being built. :(

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.