Guilty Gear X....What do you all think?

SerialExperiments

Quiz Detective
Hi all

I just caved and bought a PS2 instead of a neo(before I get badly flamed...the whole reason is RPGS thier my favorite and final fantasy X is wonderful thus far)But the little sony has final got enough video ram to really handle fitghters it seems. I bought guilty gear X and all I can say is damn amasing graffixs like watching a top notch anime fight scene, sure the game is button mashing friendly and instant kill moves are cheap but damn I'd have to say the finest loooking fighter i've ever scene. On another note i'll be picking up snk vs. capcom 2 soon.

So what to you all think of guilty gear x your all much more hardcore fighter lovers then I.

thanks
Kevin

neofreak696

King's Dry Cleaner
First im not going to bash you or flame you for getting a PS2, your money, your choice nuff said. But on the subject of GGX i think its a good game. I have it for Dreamcast and it's top notch, good all around fighter. Nice animation and over all look and feel. Gameplay is not bad either :)

wagesofsyn

Dodgeball Yakuza
GGX... Hm...

Fantastic graphics, and some great animations and particle effects. The way I win matches? I slam as many buttons down as I can faster than who I'm playing against. Yay.

Seriously, it's alright, it just pisses me off that it requires so little skill!

John

Ghost of Captain Kidd
Originally posted by wagesofsyn:
<strong>GGX... Hm...

Fantastic graphics, and some great animations and particle effects. The way I win matches? I slam as many buttons down as I can faster than who I'm playing against. Yay.

Seriously, it's alright, it just pisses me off that it requires so little skill!</strong><hr></blockquote>

Perhaps, but GG required even less... just hit P+K and QCF+S and you won by default... or play as Kliff, and do QCF+R1 (whatever the "second taunt/charge" button was) until you reach level 3 and then hit punch. Fully-charged Houkou Gaeshi was probably the single most powerful attack in the game... it took all of the first life bar and almost half of the second. It was even more powerful than the Gigacheese Laser. Wassupwitdat?!

Anyway, I'm getting the GBA version of GGX, and as soon as I get some time in on it, I'll let all y'all know how it turned out. It's by Arc System Works (the people who did the original GGX), so I'm more optimistic than I am with KOF:EX (moral of the story is: never trust a love-game designer who dabbles in selling Medabots DVD's and J-pop with developing a fighting game.)

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
The PS2 is the way to go for games, and Guilty Gear X is not so damn easy. I mean, there are lots of fun combos to learn and awesome/beautiful art to watch during the fights. Each character is just really well designed. The only character I hate is the May (pirate girl) but she's still really cute.

Anyhow, since you have a PS2, GGX and CvS2 are the games to purchase for fighting. Other than that, you can choose for yourself. :)

Verbatum

Rugal's Panther
GGX is one of my favorite fighters! The best version by far is the Japanese GGX plus. Lots of tweaks to the gameplay, graphics, sound, plus new modes and two old character return! Perfection! Do you have domestic, or import?

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
Yeah its cool but if you take the time to get into it and dont just mash buttons you'll find that you can do some amazing things.

And Johnny is awesome, too bad he has only one super...