Guilty Gear Dust Strikers for DS

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
Is anyone planning on picking this up? It doesn't look so great graphically, but the game could be awesome if it controls more like Smash Bros than Isuka. Did anyone play it at E3? Do you have to press a button to change directions?

screen12.jpg

yoyopolish.jpg

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
I played a build of it at the New York Comic con. It felt like they were trying to do a dumbed down version of Isuka with two screens.

I picked Bridgit, and it felt like he was missing moves and only had one super. What's really annoying is that every time you jump, you go to the next level above you then towards your opponet.

And I'm pretty sure I had to press the sholder buttons to turn around, I did a super move to dead air.

If you want a Guilty Gear-ish fighter on the DS, pick up Bleach DS. I had more fun with it and I think it might end up being the better game.

Robert

20 Year Member
The game doesn't seem to be close enough from the serie to be interesting. The Smash Bros system doesn't fit with GG after my idea.

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
I picked up the game today. It definitely plays more like Smash Bros than I expected. I'll have to give it some time before I can give an honest opinion. Seems cool though, glad I bought it.

BIG

sony fanboy
Looks pretty fucking shitty to me....very reminiscent of the GBA GGX game.

meh

B-

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
BIG said:
Looks pretty fucking shitty to me....very reminiscent of the GBA GGX game.

meh

B-

Good sir, you are right in a few ways. First off, if you want a portable version of Guilty Gear the PSP release is a gem. The Dust Strikers has horrible graphics, and it doesn't play much like guilty gear at all. However, if you have two or more friends playing I could see it being a fun game. A great Guilty Gear title? Not at all. It's definitely a 2D Smash bros with Guilty Gear sprites. As always Mr. BigPoppaLarge, -ResOGlas

shirt

Andy's Clothes Designer
Well the reviews are horrible for this...but I kinda dig it.

The sound is amazing, and I think the sprites look and move very well...

Multi play is crazy confusing...but managable. Directional facing can be a bitch. A combo system is actually existant, which surprised me. All in all the gameplay is decent.

Thanks again for grabbing an extra copy of this!

johnroche

Pao Pao Cafe Waiter
I wound up getting it and I enjoyed it. It seems to be a bit sparse in terms of unlockables (unless there's something that can be gotten with GGX in the GBA slot) as well.

Weevus

15 year old,
15 Year Member
johnroche said:
I wound up getting it and I enjoyed it. It seems to be a bit sparse in terms of unlockables (unless there's something that can be gotten with GGX in the GBA slot) as well.

That would be cool if they did incorporate that.

Why don't they stop fucking around and just release SSB for the DS?:blow_top: Online Smash Bros = :drool:

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
HAHAHA fucking piece of shit

Even a smaller, lighter, brighter DS can't save trash like this. (perhaps I shouldn't get a Lite)

gamejunkie

Hijacked by a Spambot!
NeoCverA said:
HAHAHA fucking piece of shit

Even a smaller, lighter, brighter DS can't save trash like this. (perhaps I shouldn't get a Lite)

Please tell me you're joking or that you haven't seen the list of games coming to the ds in the next few months!

The list actually made my head explode. Twice. No lie.