Guide: How to make your NGCD pads last FOREVER!!

BladeDancer314

Windjammers Wonder
Back on topic....

Thanks for the guide, I'll be doing this when I clean my pads.

2 work just fine but there's one that occasionally messes up in one direction or another.

SmokeMonster

Morden's Lackey

94TC

Hardened Shock Trooper
15 Year Member
Damn, so we know who can't take constructive criticism on these forums? Why would you not just think that he may have had a valid point for what it is worth.

Gummy Bear

Windjammers Wonder
Damn, so we know who can't take constructive criticism on these forums? Why would you not just think that he may have had a valid point for what it is worth.

I think I answered that about a million times.
Stop bandwagon jumping.

DragonmasterDan

King's Dry Cleaner
Thanks for the guide.
I still haven't picked one of these pads up yet, but it looks like a worthy project for once I do.

mikejmoffitt

Mickey's Coach
Has this pad design been reproduced at all? It might be worth taking one fully apart and taking measurements so it can be recreated with CAD software.

Ray

New Challenger
Has this pad design been reproduced at all? It might be worth taking one fully apart and taking measurements so it can be recreated with CAD software.
As far as I know there has been a PS3 version of the NGCD pad with 2 extra shoulder/front buttons and the Neo Geo Pocket used a similair d-pad/stick/nub/whatever design. I don't think anything else has used this kind of d-pad, it might have been patented like Nintendo's cross-shaped d-pad used to be.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
When the application of said criticism would be unnecessary/counterproductive, then no, why would I?

Wake up. Just swallow it.

If there's someone that does help and respect others in here, it's James.
Your lame attitude, even if you felt "offended" is to blame.

Do you realize between you and him, if we had to choose, who'd stay right?

If you're not a prick, you can still make it right.
Just apologize. I'm sure James and most of us would put this behind.

Up to you man.

@James : I know you're pissed, but stay around buddy. It's not the same w/o ya ;)

94TC

Hardened Shock Trooper
15 Year Member
JAMES is straight Neo OG for real.

Last edited:

RetroTechRewind

Crazed MVS Addict
Took my two control pads apart last night and did this. Seems to be working well! I had previously cleaned them out, but hopefully this will extend the usable life. Thanks!

fremen

Hardened Shock Trooper
Hi,

JODER VAYA UNA PUTA MIERDA!! and all this issue was for not to add more lub??, lub is never enough.

James please returns like Batman, as GohanX said, we have more to learn.

Un saludo

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Wait: Why did James leave the site? I mean, I get the argument, but so what? James, seriously, if you're reading this... Don't let anything on this site get to you, man. If this guy is getting butt-hurt over a comment you made, rightly or wrongly, so be it. It's one thread. You've contributed so much to this site, and personally helped me out so many times, that I can't imagine n-g.com without you.

Gummy, your guide is pretty good, well illustrated, and easy to follow. I'd probably lean toward James's advice, only because I'd say the more lube the better... Lube it up... No need to get upset about that, either. If the big take away is not to get messy hands, I'm not sure that's reason enough not to lube everything.

Either way, and more importantly, who fucking cares? Really, who fucking cares at all and why is this even drama?

Edit: AND JAMES IS STILL POSTING, SO WHY THE FUCK DO I EVEN CARE :mad: :mad: :mad:

Last edited:
I think the tactful way to approach this situation, which I would have done was,

"Sure, you can lube up the center and the actuators themselves if you want, it couldn't hurt... but because x y z, i don't see the point."

Seriously? I try not to be too antagonist and try to give my opinion and suggestion as to how Gummy could have handled it better in the most neutral way I could.

But Still arguably siding against Gummy (hardly with) Yet I still get this in my PM box, I'm not going to name who though. I will say that it's not strider77 since people can easily wrongly assume so given the content...

Gummy Bear is wrong... and a fart blossom.

tactful? fart blossoms aren't tactful...he doesn't even deny being one.

I can only assume Gummy bear is getting much worse in his PMs, In which case, I totally get where he is coming from.