Guerilla War pics

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
;)
cGuerrilla_War.jpg

Link from www.klov.com good soruce for arcade pics.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
Insaneclown said:
Id love to own that as I love that fucking game. :drool_2:
As would i for that matter i wounder if a complete.
Guerilla War arcade machine can be found in this day and age :eye:

Insaneclown

ICP Suxorz
Tron 2.0 said:

I bet the chances are pretty slim though but it could be possible. Someone has it out there...just dont know where. :eye: :eye:

Kazuki Dash

Samurai Shodown Swordsmith
the only part that would definitely be doubtful to find intact are the rotary joysticks for the original cab...since their introduction with the Ikari Warriors cabinet, those joysticks were not as durable as they should have been...

fortunately, there are replacement rotary sticks that are far sturdier...heck, they even have a ball at the end for better grip (at first glance they look like normal sticks)

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
Coincidentally, that is on my list of arcade PCBs to sell . . . the Guerilla War board I have is a monster, big and heavy with a mother/daughter board combo, and separate joystick connections for the rotary joysticks. And the board is super clean, looks almost brand new (which is amazing for a board this old), has the original SNK seal, and two onboard LEDs. Someday I need to post my whole list, still have quite a few games . . . and I just inventoried them a few days ago.

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
Kazuki Dash said:
the only part that would definitely be doubtful to find intact are the rotary joysticks for the original cab...since their introduction with the Ikari Warriors cabinet, those joysticks were not as durable as they should have been...

fortunately, there are replacement rotary sticks that are far sturdier...heck, they even have a ball at the end for better grip (at first glance they look like normal sticks)

You can still buy original SNK rotary joysticks on the aftermarket, brand new. I have a pair.

neo_X7

Disciple Of Orochi
Tron 2.0 said:

Were I live they use to be as common as MVS machines.

Neo Gold

(no need to shout), Because Rot is Watching YOU!
chimpmeister said:
Coincidentally, that is on my list of arcade PCBs to sell . . . the Guerilla War board I have is a monster, big and heavy with a mother/daughter board combo, and separate joystick connections for the rotary joysticks. And the board is super clean, looks almost brand new (which is amazing for a board this old), has the original SNK seal, and two onboard LEDs. Someday I need to post my whole list, still have quite a few games . . . and I just inventoried them a few days ago.
Hey chimpmeister... how much are you looking for that guerilla board and twin rotary sticks by the way? :D

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
All this Guerilla War talk got me thinking.

Can rotary joysticks be made to use on a Supergun?
Just a thought i wouldn't mind running.... GW on a SG ;)

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
I have wanted a cab with rotary sticks for a while.

Guerilla War
Ikari Warriors 1-3
Time Soldiers

:buttrock:

Kumavnmitsurugi

Marked Wolf
I actually found the cab once while i was in Mexico.... i had forgotten what it looked like

I asked the arcade owner if he was willing to sell it and he said that he wouldnt

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
Tron 2.0 said:
All this Guerilla War talk got me thinking.

Can rotary joysticks be made to use on a Supergun?
Just a thought i wouldn't mind running.... GW on a SG ;)

The rotary sticks in every case plug into special separate connectors on each motherboard that supports rotary stick games, like Time Soldiers, Guerilla War, Ikari Warriors, Gondomania (very strange shooter), etc. So yes, the only issue is that you'd need to have your rotary sticks mounted in some kind of enclosure, since like any other arcade joystick, they were originally meant to be mounted to an arcade cabinet.