Grounded: Don’t sleep on this one*

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
*If you’re a fan of sandbox games, specifically the survival genre.

This is a really great game and similar to Subnautica in that you discover the story and progress the game through exploration and acquiring new resources/getting to new areas.

The game has four player co-op. I’ve been playing with one of my buds - we’ve spent thousands of hours in Ark, Conan Exiles, Minecraft, etc and in my opinion this is the best multiplayer (PvE) survival game we’ve played. Subnautica is probably the best but sadly only single player.

Grounded has a great cloud save feature also. Instead of relying on a dedicated server anyone who has been given access to the cloud save can open it and the other allowed players can join. So if I want to play when the person who created the game isn’t hosting I can just log up the save and dick around or whatever.

The game has a decent challenge to it with stamina, blocking, parrys, etc.

The game is basically Honey I Shrunk the Kids and takes place in 1990. Fortunately it doesn’t have over the top or pandering nostalgia elements despite the time period.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
This is on my radar, but co-op is limited to 4 players. That's good to know about the cloud save. We usually don't have more than 4 but some nights we have 5-6 people online wanting to game. They end up play CoD while I twiddle with something else.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Do not, I repeat, do not skip the credits.

Beat the game, we got 92% - me and my friend are going to try and get 100.%

What a really great game and I hope more games in the survival genre adopt a more story oriented format while still allowing you to fuck around and do other activities.

Really just an all around excellent game, probably my favorite Survival game, beating Subnautica since that lacks co-op of any kind.