Great GameStop buys

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
I wish things could return to the simpler, happier, Funcoland times, but, them days are gone forever.

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
I wish things could return to the simpler, happier, Funcoland times, but, them days are gone forever.

There's a "Funcoland" in Mesquite, TX if you're looking for nostalgia from a sign.

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
One of the GS near me is closing, 50% of preown games. Pickings are slim, I bought a couple of switch titles for dirt cheap.

oldschool

Cock Killer with Ice D,
One of the GS near me is closing, 50% of preown games. Pickings are slim, I bought a couple of switch titles for dirt cheap.
Do they price slash any of the toy shit? God damn NECA figs won't come to Canadian EB/ThinkGeek. :mad:

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Do they price slash any of the toy shit? God damn NECA figs won't come to Canadian EB/ThinkGeek. :mad:
When one of mine was closing down they price slashed everything, including fixtures

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member

They don't. They give X% off list price. In the case of preown games, it was 50% so it was worth it. For new games, it was only 20% off. I think new figures and such are 20% off too, but I am not sure since I don't buy those.

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
I wonder what kind of change/influence that NintendoUSA guy is going to bring to GameStop.

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
I wonder what kind of change/influence that NintendoUSA guy is going to bring to GameStop.

He won't change the course of GS. He is on the board with a bunch of other people. He is one voice among many on the Titanic. He is not CEO, he isn't running things there. Not only that, I am sure he got rewarded well for being on the board so if anything, he is accelerating the demise by funneling what little money they have left. The coronavirus will accelerate GS' death.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Good deal, but usually the gamestops are cleaned out of anything good by the time I get there so I don't even bother to look.

Protip: Instead of cleaning stickers off the games go to a site like Casetopia that sells replacement cases for cheap and order a 10 pack or something. Last time I ordered PS4 cases they were 68 cents each, and they are from the same supplier that Sony gets them from so they are identical to the original cases.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Good deal, but usually the gamestops are cleaned out of anything good by the time I get there so I don't even bother to look.

Protip: Instead of cleaning stickers off the games go to a site like Casetopia that sells replacement cases for cheap and order a 10 pack or something. Last time I ordered PS4 cases they were 68 cents each, and they are from the same supplier that Sony gets them from so they are identical to the original cases.
Good to hear, I'll use this since I have a ton of games in this situation. I don't feel like sitting scrubbing cases all day.

Now for those games where they put the sticker on the insert, oh well

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
Got my eight games earlier in the week, none of them came in the original cases, which is what I expected, they're just going into the recycling bin anyway. One of the game cards (Disney's Epic Mickey: Power of Illusion) looks like a kitten chewed on it, because the plastic is casing is full of little indentations and one large dent (I'd never have accepted it in that condition if I was the GameStop employee buying it back or accepting it as a trade-in, but, whatever), and wouldn't work at first (cleaning the contacts fixed it, so, it wasn't the physical damage), but, the other seven look fine, although some of the other game card contacts needed cleaning to get them to boot properly too, but that's par for the course with secondhand games anyway. Took forever to download the update for Yokai Watch 2, which irritated me (Pokemon Sun was the update I expected to be bad, but that one was actually reasonably brief), but, that's not GameStop's fault.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Good to hear, I'll use this since I have a ton of games in this situation. I don't feel like sitting scrubbing cases all day.

Now for those games where they put the sticker on the insert, oh well

One warning though, a lot of those sites are geared more for production places that buy cases by the hundreds at least. If you order 10 or 20, occasionally the order slips through the cracks, but a quick email will remedy the situation. That happened with my last order when I suddenly realized that I never got those cases, sent a quick email and had them in my hands two days later.