Graphical glitches in windjammers

Zapf

n00b
I left my mvs board (MV-1 I believe) and a windjammers cart in storage while I was off for six months. When I got back, I plugged them in to make sure everything was 100% before I sold them. However, I'm getting some graphical issues
SIh9YZe.jpg
llh5R0w.jpg

When I go into unibios, all the graphical tests are fine. Is this a contacts issue, or possibly something has gone bad with my cart? I unfortunately do not have another cart to test at this time.

dragonpt

Over Top Auto Mechanic
10 Year Member
Lets start with the most common issue

Clean both game boards, as well as the mvs cart, and re-test

If you have no video ram errors, seems just dirty cart slot...

Zapf

n00b
Lets start with the most common issue

Clean both game boards, as well as the mvs cart, and re-test

If you have no video ram errors, seems just dirty cart slot...

alright, what I've done so far:

-removed dust thats built in the last six months
-cleaned cartridge slot and mvs cart with deoxit
-unscrewed / removed cartridge slot, cleaned connectors on mainboard.
-let everything dry for an hour+
-reinstall cartridge slot

plugging it back in and powering it gives me the exact same graphical glitch. all ui text and foreground elements are fine, gamefield is corrupted and shoved left.

I've tried jiggling the car while running, and changing region settings in the unibios. does not help.

Last edited:

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
Looks like the problem is with the MV-1,possibly the ZMC2. You don't have another cart to plug into your MV1? If not,borrow one so you can isolate the problem...
If it's the game,then the problem would be with the CHA board or C chip(s)
BB

Zapf

n00b
Looks like the problem is with the MV-1,possibly the ZMC2. You don't have another cart to plug into your MV1? If not,borrow one so you can isolate the problem...
If it's the game,then the problem would be with the CHA board or C chip(s)
BB

I sold my other game off earlier this year (then promptly disappeared into the woods for a while). I'm asking in my cities subreddit, and eyeing an inexpensive board / game combo on ebay just to make sure. I'm just hoping its not the cart =/

Zapf

n00b
Alright, just tested w/ a mv-1c and a metal slug 4 boot. windjammers is fine in the mv-1c, ms4 in the original mvs has the exact same graphical issue.