Gran Turismo 7

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
You're not wrong on that but Nintendo is an example of companies who are notorious for never lowering their prices on digital goods.
I haven't bought or played anything Nintendo for 15yrs - fuck that company. Just trying to be Disney

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
I honestly don't know why that bothers people

As said before, I can’t play the single player part because of this bullshit. It’s down again today for maintenance.

I hope they eventually patch out the always online requirement, they are rightly getting review bombed right now on meta critic as no one can actually play the game - for the 2nd time in a week.
I really wish they'd do a pure graphical only update of GT2... that to me is still the best game in the series for pure gameplay. Awesome selection of cars, all elements were easy to access, great soundtrack... yeah... perhaps short of maybe a few tracks (by today's standards)... but otherwise best in the series for me.

Interesting. I started the series with GT3 which was awesome. Never played 2 but I might need to give it a bash. I’m sure a modern emulator would smooth out alot of the rough edges.

geladobom

War Room Troll
I stop playing playstation since they release the 3rd console.
The newest Grand Turismo people are complaining about being such a terrible game and maybe as my mind think a nother great idea from Konami too.
Grand Turismo 7 - Pachinko Game.
They are Following the loser...

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
I stop playing playstation since they release the 3rd console.
The newest Grand Turismo people are complaining about being such a terrible game and maybe as my mind think a nother great idea from Konami too.
Grand Turismo 7 - Pachinko Game.
They are Following the loser...

I think ur saying something about Konami could make the game even worse than it is now in terms of micro transactions and general greed? But I really have no solid idea.

Last edited:

geladobom

War Room Troll
I think your saying something about Konami could make the game even worse than it is now in terms of micro transactions and general greed? But I really have no solid idea.
They are following the baby foot steps of this junk company because we are suffering for playing a fucking soccer game this year it doesn´t release the final version since September.

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
I haven't bought or played anything Nintendo for 15yrs - fuck that company. Just trying to be Disney
Let's not totally fool ourselves. Nintendo is the Disney of video games. The Switch is selling like mad and making them boatloads of cash even tho the hardware itself it way weaker compared to the Series X and PS5. Keep in mind also they're just like Disney when it comes to their IPs and will sue the shit out of you into oblivion if you do anything that they don't like.

They have a lot of great and fun games but their corporate way of handling things is very archaic.

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
I think your saying something about Konami could make the game even worse than it is now in terms of micro transactions and general greed? But I really have no solid idea.

Rambling on about something to do with lost protos. I wouldn't worry, you're not missing anything.

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
What an epic waste of a perfectly fine sim. I think GT7 was the first to get real close to being a "real sim" barring some inconsistent FFB and not really messing with tire pressure yet again, and it gets bogged down with all this shit.

I've been hella busy the past few weeks and the only time I have to boot it up and run a few laps is the time where Polyphony decides to do a 30 hour server maintenance. lmbo.

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
Having the best time playing a modern game I've had since... Gran Turismo 5, I guess. True that the maintenance schedule sucks, that's fair. I don't see the problem with any of the other stuff though. This one seems heavy on conveying the history of racing and manufacturers, which I think is dope. Copped a PS5 just so I could play this and I'm extremely happy with my decision.

Ajax

15 Year Member
I'm saying it's fair that people feel that way, c'mon man. Are you looking this fuckin' hard for things to get salty about?

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
I don't think I'm being that salty. Like I said before I just feel that while always online DRM for some games which have online multi-player is one thing but for a game that is a single player title that locks you out from most of the content if you're not online is just.... silly.

Not to mention where you have to spend a huge amount of time to even unlock different cars or just buy them at around $40.00 for so many credits is just really almost Battlefront II levels of greed.

Single player games are something that aren't as common these days as they were 15 or 20 years ago. I accept that for what it is since the internet is a thing. GT7 I admit is a pretty game. I can't argue too much on that point. I just wish you weren't forced to always be online to enjoy the experience.

The excuse they gave for the DRM thing was to prevent people from cheating. I'm like... really now. People will always find a way to cheat no matter if the game is on or offline. lol

Last edited:

Ajax

15 Year Member
It's worth pointing out that they upped the amount of credits you get per race with the last update. Also, they gave everybody 1,000,000 credits for the outage right after the game came out. They also seemed to give out three really high level cars with this last update (though it says that they are preorder bonuses - I definitely didn't preorder though).

I've played for around 8 hours so far and have coasted on creds that were free. You can approach it like a pay to win thing, but I don't really see it that way. They give you the cars you need in order to win races and progress. If you focus on fine tuning cars (not just buying upgrades that raise PP), you can get through any of the races using the cars you get for free in the game. They also incentivize you by giving you +50% prize creds for not playing the game like it's Mario Kart and running into everything (clean race bonus).

My session was ruined by the server maintenance the other night. There is no way around the fact that the game being unplayable while you're offline sucks. I don't think anybody will disagree with that.

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
Bumping this to say that there are autonomous scripts that can grind the same race indefinitely via PC Remote Play.

I just started GT7 less than two weeks ago due to being down and out during launch. I've completed all the menu books, and have been able to buy almost every legend car that has come through the dealer (including the 19 mil Mclaren F1), and buy every invitation car that I've gotten an invite to buy. Without the scripts to grind for me, I'd be totally done with this game. Great racing, flawed by the in game economy, especially after menu book 39.