Votes: 23 59.0%
  • R Type Final

Votes: 16 41.0%

• Total voters

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
Tristesse said:
Delta is on PSX.

Jedah I'm happily surprised that you don't start a flamewar with the ones who are more in favor of RTF than GV. Seems like everybody's growing up after all. ;)

I'm much more for RTF, I like the dark mood and slow gameplay better.

Well thank you. I think it's because the other members are able to handle a conversation and have a debate and not a war.

I picked up RF again (after I had sold it awhile ago) and I like it, but it just doesn't do it for like Gradius 5 does. They are two different shooters for sure. In my books, in more of a preference then anything. RF deals with you being around huge enemies like the big battleship in the city, and destorying it throughout the level. Gardius 5 is more of a run and gun shooter with a boss at the end.

Plus, the w player mode is hard to beat. Now give me a 2 player R-Type, like in R-Type Leo, and I'd be much more happy.

Vincere

No longer Tristesse
N2x said:
I'll put in another vote for R-Type Final. While Gradius is a great game in its own right, it falls into the trap of most scrolling shooters: it's easy to pick up, and just as easy to put down. R-Type, with its hundreds of ships and weapons, along with the ever evolving stages (a reason I enjoyed Border Down so much despite its lack of depth), is never the same game twice.

Just think of it a second: Do you realize what GV would have been without Treasure's programming? :kekeke:

Those Treasure guys are a gold mine.

Shawn Carr2o

6200|!!|Drillslug Driver
I have R-Type Delta for the PS1 brand new which my mom had a hard time finding at EB.games, but when she finally found it she bought right away. :) :cool:

Isn't Type 2 the silver ship that moves in the water & shoot's blue lazers. I beat the game using that ship & the game was freaking! hard which is the only R-Type game that I have beaten. I want to collect all the other R-Type games to play. :cool: ;)

beh3moth

Robert "Helmet" Patrick
Gradius V is far better than Final, although Final is pretty good, its just sooooooooooooooo slow.

The soundtrack on Gradius V is also superior, really gets the adrenalin pumping!

I have a lot of shmups on many formats, but I might even say that Gradius V could be my favorite ever.

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
I'm going with the majority here, Gradius V.

I've always had a soft spot for Gradius games anyways, much moreso than R-Type.

Izsomean

Quiz Detective
Gradius V also :)

It was much more fun that R-Type, whenever i die in r-type final i feel like smashing my pad against the wall because the spaceships seem too slow. :)

where as in gradius V , i just couldn't stop until i finished it, even in the most difficult parts (played in normal difficulty) , i also find the graphics and music much better, so it's a clean winner for me :buttrock: