Got this off Ebay :-)

RegalSin

God damn..., what a fucking idiot, , I mean,, how
I brought some stuff from that seller previosuly too along with seeing him stock up. I wonder if he post regularly on other forums?

Asides that your clicking sound might be the CD function since.

1. It is a Cd console to begin with so there is moving parts like a record player.

2. You only hear it when you click the system on or off. This is common even with newer systems.

You also have to consider this is SNK which practically brung the arcade to home systems.

To find out what is making the niose you would probably have to unscrew it to see if it is anything else...which I would not do.

Another thing might be the power cable but that is assumed guessed.

Darkneo

Morden's Lackey
I brought some stuff from that seller previosuly too along with seeing him stock up. I wonder if he post regularly on other forums?

Asides that your clicking sound might be the CD function since.

1. It is a Cd console to begin with so there is moving parts like a record player.

2. You only hear it when you click the system on or off. This is common even with newer systems.

You also have to consider this is SNK which practically brung the arcade to home systems.

To find out what is making the niose you would probably have to unscrew it to see if it is anything else...which I would not do.

Another thing might be the power cable but that is assumed guessed.

Hi RegalSin :)

Thanks for replying with advice. I got today so i am going have to wait after work to test it out. But yeah you might be right about the Cd Reader, as i recall my old ps1 ( grey Pizza Box ) does that.

Thankyou for ur help :)

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I would assume it's something to do with the laser drive, probably has dirt or dust in the grease.

Or it could just be what they sound like, I've never owned one.

Jag-Master

"Hey, are we done here?..., Cause I'm losing my bu
15 Year Member
Other than the obvious clicking sounds typical of cd-rom based systems, as stated earlier try dusting off the system (no harsh cleaners). If to no avail, try a dry version laser cleaner. I would proceed with caution, but a simple cleaning might do the trick. With the NGCD system I've owned this seems to do the trick. I would double check the power supply and make sure it's compatible with your voltage in your area as well just to make sure.... Let us know how this works out man :cool:

Darkneo

Morden's Lackey
Hi Guys

I gave the system a good clean up including the len's, there is abit of a clicking sound but not as loud. Thanks for the Advice guys :)

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
The clicking is the sound of the laser focusing up and down. The click is actual produced because when it rises past a certain height the laser lens housing springs back down making a click sound. If it's doing it over and over you might want to clean the lens and disc as well. If you are trying to play burnt games, burn it on better media and at a slower speed to ensure 100% data transfer.