Got my first KoF game

abasuto

Orgy Hosting Mod
15 Year Member
Going against what most people had advised me, I landed up getting 96' ( got a great deal on a very good cond. bare cart). Killer music, great BG's. and IMO a very fun fighting engine. Not too fancy ( deep ), but enough that it feels like a modern game,,,,,, I must say I'm loving this game :buttrock:

Only problem is I haven't gotten use to the combo timing yet. Lucky if I can pull off a simple 2 hitter like a jump-in kick to another kick. But I've got the next 2 days off of work to work on that. :D

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Abasuto said:
Going against what most people had advised me, I landed up getting 96' ( got a great deal on a very good cond. bare cart). Killer music, great BG's. and IMO a very fun fighting engine. Not too fancy ( deep ), but enough that it feels like a modern game,,,,,, I must say I'm loving this game :buttrock:

Only problem is I haven't gotten use to the combo timing yet. Lucky if I can pull off a simple 2 hitter like a jump-in kick to another kick. But I've got the next 2 days off of work to work on that. :D
You didn't go against what I would tell you...'96 is a GREAT game, IMO, both in gameplay and aesthetic (possibly the best balance of those two qualities). I like the stiffer controls, the short range projectiles, and the music and backgrounds are aces. The only shortcoming for me would be that the roster is missing all of my favorite KOF-specific characters: Vanessa, Shermie, Ramon, Angel, etc., which is why I went for '02. But '96 is still a great game.

Fran

today forever
20 Year Member
Abasuto said:
Going against what most people had advised me

if they told you not to buy kof 96,
they're probably fucked in the head ( no offense meant )

kof 96 is a masterpiece

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
Fran said:
if they told you not to buy kof 96,
they're probably fucked in the head ( no offense meant )

kof 96 is a masterpiece

What KOF isn't a masterpiece from 99 and backwards ?

:smirk:

Fran

today forever
20 Year Member
i'm such a kof fanboy

i love and like them all

i can still sit down and have fun in versus with 94 or 95

or 97

i'm currently all about 2000 and 2002

the truth is,there isnt a single bad kof game

honeyman

Morden's Lackey
Fran said:
i'm such a kof fanboy

i love and like them all

or 97

Except when you bashed them before you realised there true qualities :smirk: . Anyway, playground antics aside they're all great to play in their own right :)

Syxx573

Azura's Swordsmith
My favorites are 97 and 99, but I LOVE all of the pre-Korean KOFs.

Superfamifreak

Ralf & Clark's Drinking Buddy
20 Year Member
Great choice for a first KoF. I remember when me & my mate had 94-99 between us, 96 always seemed to get the most use. Plus it's cheap these days so you can't really go wrong. I remember paying £300 back in the day when it was just released :eek:

RBjakeSpecial

Land of the Rising Bling:,
20 Year Member
Fran said:
i'm such a kof fanboy

i love and like them all

or 97

Agreed. Trying to find a bad kof game is like trying to pick out a bad album from your favorite band.

Kof 96 is great. It was REALLY exciting when it came out, cause it really shook up the kof formula laid down by 94 and 95. I still remember seeing the rolling and the messed up fireballs for the first time.

sQuareh4t3r

formerly "sQuareh4t3r", then "MacGuffin", now "sQu
SnairDogg said:
What exactly do you mean by this?

He means he likes everything before Eolith took over production. However, you shouldn't blame Eolith if you don't like the games; you need to blame Brezzasoft, since they actually developed the games under Eolith's supervision...

Kazuki Dash

Samurai Shodown Swordsmith
RBjakeSpecial said:
Kof 96 is great. It was REALLY exciting when it came out, cause it really shook up the kof formula laid down by 94 and 95. I still remember seeing the rolling and the messed up fireballs for the first time.

and also the first instance of the SDM when you had MAX and flashing life...it was a really impressive touch...
:cool: